• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This is a no brainer

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then

Breeland hates us like Kirk

If productive players all leave and the one thing they have in common is

They hate us

Where do you think the problem actually is??

Try not to blow a synapse thinking on that one too hard.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure if the coaches wanted Breeland back they would get him . But I think there the FO is just saving money to..
1.resign future contracts for players they want to keep
2.if they can make it to the playoffs then that following FA period they can pick up the final pieces aka Rams style

Read the article. You simply offer a vet min contract, which would not even count against the cap.

They hate us for a reason.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll start off by saying I would have liked the play the article stated. As Skinsdad said, it makes sense.

But to be fair...wouldn’t that be a bit of a dick move by Allen?? Right up there in the same sentence with low balling KC??

If you aren’t going to make a market deal for what the guy is worth... why insult the guy :noidea:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll start off by saying I would have liked the play the article stated. As Skinsdad said, it makes sense.

But to be fair...wouldn’t that be a bit of a dick move by Allen?? Right up there in the same sentence with low balling KC??

If you aren’t going to make a market deal for what the guy is worth... why insult the guy :noidea:

It is just a procedural maneuver. Breeland was still free to sign with anyone he wanted to that would offer slightly less than $2 million dollars a year. The Patriots used it on Blount, he signed with Philly.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Umm.. cause thats kinda what they do in Ashburnistan??:noidea:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure if the coaches wanted Breeland back they would get him . But I think there the FO is just saving money to..
1.resign future contracts for players they want to keep
2.if they can make it to the playoffs then that following FA period they can pick up the final pieces aka Rams style
Your total lack of understanding basic CBA. Rules is astounding , you don’t do it to keep BB. , you do it to get a better comp pick , hello read the article

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your total lack of understanding basic CBA. Rules is astounding , you don’t do it to keep BB. , you do it to get a better comp pick , hello read the article

While coach may not understand the CBA very well dad, he brings up a good point. Breeland may have more to do with why the team has no interest in even offering the league minimum. They don't want him and don't view him as a better option than Dunbar, Moreau or Scandrick or whoever wins the #2 CB role.
Why pay Breeland anywhere close to a so called fair vet offer when your staff feels like they can get the same production from existing players who are hungrier than Breeland.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While coach may not understand the CBA very well dad, he brings up a good point. Breeland may have more to do with why the team has no interest in even offering the league minimum. They don't want him and don't view him as a better option than Dunbar, Moreau or Scandrick or whoever wins the #2 CB role.
Why pay Breeland anywhere close to a so called fair vet offer when your staff feels like they can get the same production from existing players who are hungrier than Breeland.

Logic..

Offer him the tender, which he likely wont sign. If he does, you have a backup with starter ability for $1.2M
We are talking about a team that carried a $10M backup at one point that they had no intention of playing. And absolute worst case, you trade him for a 6th or 7th rounder which is more than the comp pick we wont get for him at all. Or cut him and eat the $1.2M.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps it’s as simple as Bree being too injured to be ready to play and contribute immediately.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps it’s as simple as Bree being too injured to be ready to play and contribute immediately.
For $1.2M, you tender him and wait until he is. $1.2M is a steal for Breeland. Charlotte was going to pay him $9M. This WAS a no brainer move that the top organizations do all the time. We didn't. What does that tell you.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For $1.2M, you tender him and wait until he is. $1.2M is a steal for Breeland. Charlotte was going to pay him $9M. This WAS a no brainer move that the top organizations do all the time. We didn't. What does that tell you.

It tells me this organization doesn’t know or understand the finer points within the written rules set forth.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It tells me this organization doesn’t know or understand the finer points within the written rules set forth.

maybe, you should submit your resume to to the Redskins front office to help out with that.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe, you should submit your resume to to the Redskins front office to help out with that.
He would probably be an upgrade.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is always two sides to a story Cali. Except by some here on the hoop that only have one!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in some peoples world you cant criticize anything . you are expected to be brain dead pods and worship without question

i dont need to be a politician to rag on the govt . i dont need to be a painter to know what a bad paint job is

i dont need to be a FO executive to question why my team isnt using the rules to their advantage