• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

This Forum Is Boring This Week !!

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Goofball... I wasn't serious about the capacity being 10,000 (that is sarcasm)

But it is a dump.

But my point is Cubs have a huge fanbase.. Imagine what they could sell in tickets if they built a new stadium. Yes, I know wrigley is his historic, but time to swallow that notion and build a real stadium. That thing is a dump.
I know it was but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to show there is not much difference.

Truthfully I have never been to Wrigley, but from what I have heard they have done a lot fix it up and make it better. I am sure there are nicer stadiums. I am sure someday Fenway and Wrigley will no longer exist.

To be honest though don't the Cubs play 162 home games? It seems Cubs fans take over stadiums. The closest thing I can think of is the way the Steelers fans invade every city the team visits.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say they invade every city.

Ive been to Cardinals/Cubs game and Cardinals fans always way out number them. You find Cubs fans everywhere. Go to a Brewers/Cubs game and you probably find more Cubs fans.

I went to a game in San Diego and Los Angeles and they both happened to be playing the Cubs (sadly for me) and Cubs fans were all over Los Angeles at those two parks. (Didn't out number Dodgers fans) Padres was probably close to equal, but are there more than 20,000 Padres fans anyway? ;)

Cubs fans travel well. They still historically have a bad team until recently and we all know it won't last long. ;)

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have a good young core except for pitching. I am afraid they have traded a lot of young talent out recently. That may come back to bite them.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it also helped them gain a world series, soooo. Plus you can't give everyone a big contract so you were going to lose some of that young talent sooner or later after their first contract.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would probably stay away from Broncos RB in fantasy leagues this year at least early in the draft.. Sounds like the plan is to split Booker/Freeman almost evenly, at least that is the plan. Sounds like good chance 3 RB's will see a dosage too. That being said Mingo and LGM will still take on in round 2.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it also helped them gain a world series, soooo. Plus you can't give everyone a big contract so you were going to lose some of that young talent sooner or later after their first contract.

As long as Baez and Bryant remain Cubs, I'll be fine. Going into this offseason, we really don't have but a handful of FA's; two pitchers and two catchers I believe.

I think we'll be fine for at least another two or three years.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as Baez and Bryant remain Cubs, I'll be fine. Going into this offseason, we really don't have but a handful of FA's; two pitchers and two catchers I believe.

I think we'll be fine for at least another two or three years.
Rizzo should be on that list too. Contreras is making a pretty good case to be added to that list as well.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would probably stay away from Broncos RB in fantasy leagues this year at least early in the draft.. Sounds like the plan is to split Booker/Freeman almost evenly, at least that is the plan. Sounds like good chance 3 RB's will see a dosage too. That being said Mingo and LGM will still take on in round 2.

I think the Broncos make good fantasy backups with high upside. I don't know that there is a single Bronco player that I would say I am set at that position because I drafted them. I think several Broncos may end up being steals at the end of the year, but we will see. A lot can change once we get into training camp.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Freeman will ultimately win out. I still wish we could’ve landed Guice in the draft

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If both stay healthy I think you will see a lot of both. I like that both catch the ball out of the backfield well.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess who won the Cubs/Cards Series???

Cubs did!

Cubs did!

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

CUBS!!!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good Brashaud Breeland left KC without signing (Ive always been a big fan) visited the Colts yesterday and now the Ravens seem to be the leader for him.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rizzo should be on that list too. Contreras is making a pretty good case to be added to that list as well.

Indeed. Realistically, it's Chili Davis they need to make sure stays. He's been the main reason for the improved batting this year, focusing on contact and less on power.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You pick up Cole Hamels, not bad. Surely not the pitcher he once was.

Cardinals finally released Greg Holland. 14 mil down the drain. That feels more like a Cubs thing then a Cardinals thing. Now i feel your pain all these years.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You pick up Cole Hamels, not bad. Surely not the pitcher he once was.

Cardinals finally released Greg Holland. 14 mil down the drain. That feels more like a Cubs thing then a Cardinals thing. Now i feel your pain all these years.
And for the second straight years, the Rockies avoid a turrible contract:
2017 - Carlos Gonzales turns down a lucrative multi contract offer. Whew!
2018 Greg Holland (thanks, Scott Boras) turned down a $55 MM deal - and Rockies offered/signed Wade Davis the same. Whew!

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't keep them all. You aren't the New York Yankees.

lol... True, especially after their last two trades. Good lord how is that even possible?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geo-

Be oh so thankful on Greg Holland. The Cardinals wasted 14 mil this year on him and a draft pick. Luckily, it was just a one year deal and he has been released now. But what a dud.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geo-

Be oh so thankful on Greg Holland. The Cardinals wasted 14 mil this year on him and a draft pick. Luckily, it was just a one year deal and he has been released now. But what a dud.
At least they're not still paying Bobby Bonilla....