• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Things We're Cooking

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well all sugar can be linked to diabeetus in some way or another. I think what @PnkPanther said is spot on. Cheap substitute, but in moderation its not harmful (as is with all sugars)

The thing to remember is, if you do consume too much sugar, you need to flush your system with copious amounts of beer.

It's all about maintaining balance.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying eat HFCS with reckless abandon, nothing will go wrong. It's basically sugar

but some of it is marketing.

Just like Gluten free
The Gluten fad doesn't concern me. I hear so many people saying they have a gluten intolerance based solely on the fact that once they stopped eating it they felt much healthier, and that once they tried it again they got sick. I always tell them its ignorance or an incorrect self-diagnoses to be PC. The chances that anyone has celiac disease is absurdly low. It's simply a tolerance issue. Same thing could be said about sugar or carbs or red meat. Once you rid it of your diet you will claim to feel better because your body will reprogram itself to run on different fat storages, and have a bad reaction to it once you reintroduce it into your system because your body will be confused with what to do with it.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've done pulled beef in slowcooker, not pork, but this looks good. Make sure you use pork shoulder and not the loin
Had some concern over that. It does make a difference?

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Gluten fad doesn't concern me. I hear so many people saying they have a gluten intolerance based solely on the fact that once they stopped eating it they felt much healthier, and that once they tried it again they got sick. I always tell them its ignorance or an incorrect self-diagnoses to be PC. The chances that anyone has celiac disease is absurdly low. It's simply a tolerance issue. Same thing could be said about sugar or carbs or red meat. Once you rid it of your diet you will claim to feel better because your body will reprogram itself to run on different fat storages, and have a bad reaction to it once you reintroduce it into your system because your body will be confused with what to do with it.

Correct. Also if you eat gluten free, you're more than likely to reduce what you eat and monitor what you eat. Doing that by in nature will make you feel better because you won't be an overstuffed fat ass

The number of products that market themselves as gluten free, even products that would never have gluten, is why I get so annoyed. They're just tying into a craze and realizing people are too dumb to realize what gluten is and where it comes from

Screen_Shot_2015-07-10_at_10.03.35_AM.png

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mayo Clinic agrees with you guys, but notes that "Research has shown that high-fructose corn syrup is chemically similar to table sugar. Controversy exists, however, about whether the body handles high-fructose corn syrup differently than table sugar."

I think fucking with all these foods is part of why we're all fucked up. Humans have been eating wheat for thousands of years, then we start fucking with its genetics and now we can't.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mayo Clinic agrees with you guys, but notes that "Research has shown that high-fructose corn syrup is chemically similar to table sugar. Controversy exists, however, about whether the body handles high-fructose corn syrup differently than table sugar."

I think fucking with all these foods is part of why we're all fucked up. Humans have been eating wheat for thousands of years, then we start fucking with its genetics and now we can't.

We've been fucking with the genetics for a long time

Here's a wild banana

musa-forest-banana-72.jpg

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing to remember is, if you do consume too much sugar, you need to flush your system with copious amounts of beer.

It's all about maintaining balance.

Word up.

I sit here talking about not wanting to eat HFCS because it's so bad for me, meanwhile, I drink 900ml of bourbon every week. lolz.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've been fucking with the genetics for a long time

Here's a wild banana

musa-forest-banana-72.jpg

Seriously though, to me, cross breeding or whatever seems a whole lot different that some scientist engineering "Round Up" ready crops.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need some advice! Signed up for a potluck at work to do some pulled pork. Never done it before but sounds easy enough. Going to put a pork roast in the crockpot tonight and was going to use this recipe:

Slow Cooker Texas Pulled Pork Recipe

*Pork shoulder roast
*Veggie oil
*BBQ Sauce
*Apple cider vinegar
*chicken broth
*brown sugar
*yellow mustard
*worcestershire
*chili powder
*white onion
*garlic cloves
*thyme

I'll probably use a 3-5lb roast with Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce, and use the crockpot on LOW (10-12hrs) overnight. Shred it in the morning and then let it simmer until lunch. Any tips, recommendations, and/or advice is much appreciated!

@beardown07 @LongtimeRamsFan42 @Chef99 @Edisto_Tiger @SlinkyRedfoot @4down20 @DHoey @Across The Field @Gooch1034
I didn't click on the link to check the amount, but why is this recipe asking you to put oil in the crockpot? It's not like you're trying to brown it in there. That cut of pork has plenty of fat and will melt down into the meat. Any oil seems like overkill to me. Otherwise, looks like a solid ingredient list. Good luck!

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously though, to me, cross breeding or whatever seems a whole lot different that some scientist engineering "Round Up" ready crops.

Yea, what the fuck is a pest resistant crop?

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The chances that anyone has celiac disease is absurdly low.

My uncle has it, so I was aware of gluten free diets LONG before they were trendy. Used to be going out to eat with him was somewhat painful because not only were there not a lot of choices, but more often than not, the servers had no idea what the fuck he was talking about. PF Changs was always a good option because apparently, Paul Flemming's son has Celiac Disease, so there were always gluten free options on their menu.

Now it's no issue, because every place has multiple options, except for the fact that it makes my uncle seem like a gluten-fad-homo. lolz.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We also used to physically work to get food and shelter... get off ya fatass and run a mile, tubby.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is different, but I don't think it's devils work to make crops drought resistant or produce higher yields

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is different, but I don't think it's devils work to make crops drought resistant or produce higher yields

I suppose I'd have to admit belief in a devil to provide a counterpoint here, which I'm not ready to do.