• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Things that we love about CFB

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. So much that does it for me....

Since the days of being a tot, the family had season tickets. My dad is an alum, he was die hard. I can remember back to the days of being less than 10 years old... Back before things like the B1G Network. I can remember helping him out in the garage on Saturdays when PSU was away, playing some shit team. He'd work in the garage so he could listen to the radio since that was the only way to hear the game. I can remember the feeling that I got at every game that I went to as a kid... Screaming till I didn't have a voice anymore. I even remember where I was when I was 6 years old and we won our last natty.

Fast forward to when I went there... I was seasoned at it, had been doing it for ages. Gameday didn't affect me like it did others who had never seen it before. I still sat with the old man. Still went to our tailgate. Nothing had changed, just our ages and my location.

Went to Florida to live for a few years... I remember the terrible feeling I had 6 years ago when I realized I was going to go a year without seeing PSU play for the first time in 27 years of life. I had gotten lucky with being able to attend bowl games in FL, even saw the 3 OT thriller in the Orange Bowl.

Most people don't realize it because they think football is just a sport... It isn't. Its a way of life. It's a gathering place. In the case of PSU, you are with 110,000 of your closest friends a few times a year. I enjoy going on our football trip every year and experiencing the traditions and soaking in the college towns that we visit because I know that every place has fans there that have college football mean as much to them as it does to me.

Yup. All of this except the part about going to school there. One of the few regrets I have.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Every game counts" makes this league above all others.
That's why 4 team playoff is the best format.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a 3rd generation season ticket holder and several others in my family are still active ticket holders. I started going to games long before I knew what football was. I remember the pageantry and all of the sights and sounds of the games as a kid and how much I looked forward to going to them. Even after we got our NFL team Husky stadium was still the place to be. The King Dome was no match for Husky stadium. The energy of the band and the cheerleaders and the overall vibe was so much more than what you could get at the dome. And the product was better in those days too.

Of course as I got older I started liking the tailgating more and there were things like Captain Husky who for many years (until the end of the '11 season when the old stadium closed) would come out after the first UW score in the second half and lead a chant of 60k+ fans aimed at the visiting fans that normally started with him dressed as a normal fan, ripping off his velcro outer clothes to show his superhero outfit and then shredded a stuffed version of their mascot and threw the stuffing all over their visiting fan section.

College football to me is my favorite version of the sport. It is far less predictable than the pro version and the emotions run deeper. Every single game has consequence and the diversity of different types of offense and formations always gives you something different to enjoy. Teams that air it out and teams that pound it 50 or more times a game. Huge swings of momentum and last second come back wins.

From the crappy generic hot dogs served when I was a kid to the seafood and other full restaurant fare of today. All of the players from the past who you got to follow on to their pro careers and those who gave you great memories who didn't go on to be pros.The feeling you get meeting others who are wearing your school colors who you have never met before, but have so much in common with and that instant bond of being a Dawg.

Attachments

• HUSKY LOYAL - Captain Husky.jpg
    HUSKY LOYAL - Captain Husky.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 41
Last edited by a moderator:

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1380301_10201598336414707_1661043696_n.jpg

Oh ya I love this game with the wife of course!

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmao at the avatar Ute!!

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
big brown sweaty balls with little bumps all over them.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol,,, dont we all. Just most of us cant get it...:laugh3:

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I enjoy the entire SportsHoopla surrounding the game. It's a time to hang out with my long time friends. It's a time to head to the stadium for a tailgate experience with 50,000 others; except the Fls/Ga game in Jacksonville where the number of tailgaters is much larger. Those Georgia boys know how to BBQ and before and after the game, we have ribs and JD with the Georgia folks. Watching Tebow break the SEC touchdown record at that game was special; especially when Hershal Walker was the previous holder of that record. Watching Mathew Stafford and AJ Green surrounded by a weak team, hold their own against a much better Gator team. That game convinced me that Tebow was no NFL quarterback because the comparison of how Stafford delivered the ball to that of Tebow was quite illuminating. Maybe some NFL types should have attended that game and not wasted a 1st round pick. The one thing that is great to see is how one special player who is having that special day can completely take over a game. Manziel beating Alabama and Oklahoma are two good examples. Braxton Miller; especially last year took a relatively weak Ohio State team to a 12-0 season. The hit by Clowney made in last years bowl game turned that game around and we will be seeing that footage for years to come. Sammy Watkins and Tajah Boyd this year beating a better Ohio State team. Last year's Oregon team was really special and I think we all wanted to see them play The more traditional Alabama team. Syracuse, knocking off a much stronger West Virginia team two years in a row. I was in the stands for the 4 overtime win by Penn State over Michigan. The entire stadium; 108,000 people all wore white sweatshirts...amazing. College football is a very special event....love it.