• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The WVU football program continues to burn to the ground

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best part of last night's... I mean this mornings big win over that tough team from the P12... a conference that was killing it in bowl season... is that Dana will remain in the house.

It will be great to read GoldRusher's Charlie Weiss references for at least another year!

How cool is that?

Dana haters gotta be hating shit today...

No, Dana was going to be here for one more year regardless, Lyons told everyone that.

I never hate a WVU win, I'm happy but thank goodness ASU sucks because Skinny Charlie's team looked the same as it always does, sloppy, inconsistent, and undisciplined. Did everything we could to give that one away. That 3rd tier officiating crew didn't help matters.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had WVU played without discipline, they would have lost. Had WVU lost, Dana would have been let go.

Thank God WVU had an offensive genius ready to game plan for ASU. Only one other QB did better against them this year, and that kid is getting ready to play on Sunday's.

Sucks for the haters...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep hearing from some fellow fans that WVU is losing because of the great level of play in the B12. As I have watched the bowl games, I am calling bullshit!!! The B12 teams are giving up season high points to opponents, and getting held to season lows by the teams from other leagues. WVU is losing because we have a poor head coach. I am amazed at the fans who are continually making excuses for our losses....

??? I must have missed something...I am POSITVE Wv won the Cactus Bowl??...Oh I guess we aren't counting it for some reason and I'm sure someone will explain it to me why..

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard some WVU fans whine and bitch that WVU fired a great West Virginian... a solid HC who won 9 games every year.

Billy's teams played in three bowl games with him as the HC... not counting his time as Interim HC after Rich departed.

I enjoyed watching his WVU team beat UNC in Charlotte's Belk Bowl... or whatever the hell it is called now. UNC was an 8 win team... with one win over a top 25 team.

I hated watching Bill's '09 team lose to a 6-6 FSU team... getting whipped in the 2nd half as he gave up running Noel Devine... who had proven to be unstoppable in the first half.

But, I hear these fans asking for celebration of 9 win seasons... and wanting to disparage 7-8 win seasons.

How can one discredit a win over a 6-6 team from the #2 conference in all the land? Why would one want to act like this is not an accomplishment? ASU was so talented it was expected to compete for the P12 South title this year. Some experts had them making the playoffs.

Maybe losing to 6-6 teams is some to celebrate for a select group of WVU fans... but, I will never understand this POV.

More than that BBW..they were ranked #15 pre-season....expected to challenge for the Pac12 title..

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, Dana was going to be here for one more year regardless, Lyons told everyone that.

I never hate a WVU win, I'm happy but thank goodness ASU sucks because Skinny Charlie's team looked the same as it always does, sloppy, inconsistent, and undisciplined. Did everything we could to give that one away. That 3rd tier officiating crew didn't help matters.

They did? They put up almost 700 yards of offense!..the defense held them to under 100 yards rushing..should have had at least 3 interceptions if they..eeer .Or I guess if DANA would have held on to the ball!..No Worely, #Both safety's left the game...yeah they looked sloppy alright...what a joke..

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw something on CBS, Spavital is leaving TAM, Holgorsen should RUN to the phone to call and hire him!!!!!

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did? They put up almost 700 yards of offense!..the defense held them to under 100 yards rushing..should have had at least 3 interceptions if they..eeer .Or I guess if DANA would have held on to the ball!..No Worely, #Both safety's left the game...yeah they looked sloppy alright...what a joke..
I don't care if they put up 1000 yards, the first three times WVU had the ball, it was more of what defined this season, move 70 yards, stall, throw incomplete three times, kick a FG. Did you not watch the second quarter, Slaton? Did you see Graham when ASU was having ST issues? Did you see Holgorsen continually walk away from time out talks?

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care if they put up 1000 yards, the first three times WVU had the ball, it was more of what defined this season, move 70 yards, stall, throw incomplete three times, kick a FG. Did you not watch the second quarter, Slaton? Did you see Graham when ASU was having ST issues? Did you see Holgorsen continually walk away from time out talks?

Let's really call it what it was, Howard missed, no, completely missed, 3 wide open WRs in each of those 3 trips. Great play calls with great routes being ran, but poor execution by Howard. Did anybody notice that in the 4th quarter, Dana ran the ball 2 or 3 times on 3rd and long? Isn't that what everybody was complaining about, although he has run the ball more this season.

Lambert should be able to do aSquib kick blindfolded and in his sleep. The only reason why you knew that Graham got in his ST coach's ass was because it was captured on camera. I guess you missed the shot of Dana telling the Defense 'Let's go' after one of Howard's interceptions late in the game. No reason to melt down by your HC during a critical situation.

Sure, STs didn't do well (blocked extra point, some poor tackling on KO, poor squib kicks), but there were no attempts to run deep KOs out of the end zone and no fielding of punts inside the 10.

Man, hate to see if we would have lost the game. Maybe some of you guys would have felt better.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw something on CBS, Spavital is leaving TAM, Holgorsen should RUN to the phone to call and hire him!!!!!

Heard something may have already be in the works, just rumors for now.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So let me understand this..you would rather have an HC that berates his coaches on the sidelines in a nationally televised game, pretty much summing up his character, than a coach who probably would have liked to have gone ballistic on the sidelines ( and was chastised by many when he has in the past BTW) able to walk away let his coaches coach until he got his emotions in check?..sounds to me like a guy who has grown up..and your going to sum up the game because of 3 stalled drives? You don't asses the entire game of how they improved as the game went on? Weren't you the one who said this Coach could not change the game plan to win when necessary? Seems to me like he ran against teams trying to stop the pass during the season and in this case passed against a team looking to stop the run...and won!..again..good coaching...

BTW if you like a coach who is a screamer..I am more confused than ever why you were a Stewart supporter? I don't his voice got higher than a whisper and he was adamant about staying out of the way of his coaches during games..........

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's really call it what it was, Howard missed, no, completely missed, 3 wide open WRs in each of those 3 trips. Great play calls with great routes being ran, but poor execution by Howard. Did anybody notice that in the 4th quarter, Dana ran the ball 2 or 3 times on 3rd and long? Isn't that what everybody was complaining about, although he has run the ball more this season.

Lambert should be able to do aSquib kick blindfolded and in his sleep. The only reason why you knew that Graham got in his ST coach's ass was because it was captured on camera. I guess you missed the shot of Dana telling the Defense 'Let's go' after one of Howard's interceptions late in the game. No reason to melt down by your HC during a critical situation.

Sure, STs didn't do well (blocked extra point, some poor tackling on KO, poor squib kicks), but there were no attempts to run deep KOs out of the end zone and no fielding of punts inside the 10.

Man, hate to see if we would have lost the game. Maybe some of you guys would have felt better.

:agree::agree::agree::suds:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish he had swung at the cop like Boykin. Dana must be a tougher disciplinarian than Patterson.

Hey GoldRusher, did you notice ASU...a team penalized less thru the regular season than WVU...actually had more penalties in the game Saturday night? Weird...

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish he had swung at the cop like Boykin. Dana must be a tougher disciplinarian than Patterson.

Hey GoldRusher, did you notice ASU...a team penalized less thru the regular season than WVU...actually had more penalties in the game Saturday night? Weird...
that crew was brutal

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting. Most Housekeeping personnel are not allowed to enter a room by theirself while the you are still in the room. Maybe it's different in Arizona. Could be a reason why RichRod went there.

As for Funderburke, I don't recall him playing or contributing in any way. Now you see him, now you don't. Didn't seem like much of a discipline issue. Dana laid the wood faster to him than Funderburke attempted to do.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to like Dana's approach..ZERO tolerance...in the old days..like 5 years ago..that HC would make u run the stadium steps a couple of times and all was forgiven!

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to like Dana's approach..ZERO tolerance...in the old days..like 5 years ago..that HC would make u run the stadium steps a couple of times and all was forgiven!

Wait a minute... you implying that Billy wasn't as tough on his kids as Dana?

Well... if that's the case... at least Billy didn't let any of his kids call him... Billy.

Rich was pretty tough on his kids if I remember correctly. PAC MAN nearly killed a kid shooting pool in a downtown bar... he had to sit out at least one game following the incident.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's only because Adam Jones was too stressed out to play. You know how hard shooting pool for money can get.