• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The WVU football program continues to burn to the ground

Bat 20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will be missed, but I'm afraid this one is on the individuals. I remember my "bad" semester, it was totally on me. It took a long time to dig myself out of the hole I created for myself.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most every team loses some guys for bowl season this way. No sign that the program is burning to the ground. Players have the responsibility to do well in school if they want to play. School is tough and kids will fail out.

We pick up recruits because they can play football. Just like the overall student population, some of these guys just don't have the intelligence or motivation to do well in school. Many of our recruits are borderline academically, so this is no surprise.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really disturbing to know Dabo is a true Christian... yet can't get his boys to stop doing drugs...

Paul Myerberg ‏@PaulMyerberg 7m7 minutes ago
Clemson tidbit I learned yesterday: Only curses tolerated are ass, damn and hell, since those words appear in the Bible.

0 retweets0 likes

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GR - what is wrong with you? 2 will be missed, 1 is a FR Safety who has no game stats and a SR DL who has 10 tackles all year. You need to cut down your runs during the week. I'm fearful that you're losing something.

Gloom, despair, and agony on me. Deep dark depression, excessive misery......

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TCU's Patterson has no discipline... epic failure of a rogue program...

TCU QB Trevone Boykin arrested after allegedly hitting police officer

Texas Christian University star quarterback Trevone Boykin was arrested early Thursday morning in San Antonio after striking a bicycle patrol officer following a bar fight, San Antonio police said.

Boykin, who was a Heisman Trophy candidate early in the season, threw for 3,575 passing yards and 31 touchdowns this year, while adding 612 yards on the ground.

Boykin was reportedly at a bar with some friends and an argument broke out. According to police, Boykin struck another patron at the bar before him and his friends were forced to leave.

Bicycle patrol officers showed up shortly after and wrestled a struggling Boykin to the ground after he tried punching several officers, police said.

Boykin was arrested and charged with assaulting a police officer, resisting arrest and public intoxication.

The arrest comes just two days before TCU is set to face off against the Oregon Ducks in the Alamo Bowl.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish WVU's program could get the same kind of notoriety as TCU and Clemson...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can any of you believe that shit? Patterson putting all of the responsibility and accountability on the player... and not himself.

Come on... that is a reflection of the HC. Players are nothing but a mirror of their HC...

Bullshit to the nth degree..

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GR - what is wrong with you? 2 will be missed, 1 is a FR Safety who has no game stats and a SR DL who has 10 tackles all year. You need to cut down your runs during the week. I'm fearful that you're losing something.

Gloom, despair, and agony on me. Deep dark depression, excessive misery......
Ive soured on him, Im done, I want him gone.

Im ready for Doc and his 10 win seasons, his prop 48 kids that he keeps eligible and 437 bowl wins in a row to come on home....Or.....several other coaches that are solid HC's.

The only thing Dana has me sold on is that he aint no HC, OC under a solid HC? Yes, I like Dana in that role but not HC. He just don't have it.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive soured on him, Im done, I want him gone.

Im ready for Doc and his 10 win seasons, his prop 48 kids that he keeps eligible and 437 bowl wins in a row to come on home....Or.....several other coaches that are solid HC's.

The only thing Dana has me sold on is that he aint no HC, OC under a solid HC? Yes, I like Dana in that role but not HC. He just don't have it.

If you don't like him, that's one thing. To say that this is another reason the program is 'failing' is a reach to me. But that is my opinion.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep hearing from some fellow fans that WVU is losing because of the great level of play in the B12. As I have watched the bowl games, I am calling bullshit!!! The B12 teams are giving up season high points to opponents, and getting held to season lows by the teams from other leagues. WVU is losing because we have a poor head coach. I am amazed at the fans who are continually making excuses for our losses....

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best part of last night's... I mean this mornings big win over that tough team from the P12... a conference that was killing it in bowl season... is that Dana will remain in the house.

It will be great to read GoldRusher's Charlie Weiss references for at least another year!

How cool is that?

Dana haters gotta be hating shit today...

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the win, but WVU beat a middle of the road team at best. The comedy of errors that is WVU special teams damn near lost the game for us, Efore has GOT to go. The defense has improved with Gibson, but still takes plays off, the offense had three tries in the red zone immediately that would have turned this game into a rout if they had got in the end zone. I am very interested to see how things go next year, I'd love to see WVU win the league, but just don't see it with a coach who lets his players call him by his first name on national TV. I am sick of the excuses, sick of people talking down our history, Holgorsen did just enough this year to get another year, 9 wins next year, or hit the bricks!!!!

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard some WVU fans whine and bitch that WVU fired a great West Virginian... a solid HC who won 9 games every year.

Billy's teams played in three bowl games with him as the HC... not counting his time as Interim HC after Rich departed.

I enjoyed watching his WVU team beat UNC in Charlotte's Belk Bowl... or whatever the hell it is called now. UNC was an 8 win team... with one win over a top 25 team.

I hated watching Bill's '09 team lose to a 6-6 FSU team... getting whipped in the 2nd half as he gave up running Noel Devine... who had proven to be unstoppable in the first half.

But, I hear these fans asking for celebration of 9 win seasons... and wanting to disparage 7-8 win seasons.

How can one discredit a win over a 6-6 team from the #2 conference in all the land? Why would one want to act like this is not an accomplishment? ASU was so talented it was expected to compete for the P12 South title this year. Some experts had them making the playoffs.

Maybe losing to 6-6 teams is some to celebrate for a select group of WVU fans... but, I will never understand this POV.