• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Wisconsin Quarterback Situation

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There have been some developments in the Wisconsin quarterback situation that I thought were worth posting.

1. Curt Phillips has been coming back well from leg injuries. While it was originally thought that he would miss this season and have to apply for a sixth year, it is looking increasingly likely that he will be playing for us this year. Though he hasn't been able to play in Spring Practice, it sounds like he is running and throwing well without contact. This opens up the possibility of using him in a two-man QB situation with O'Brien. He was used a bit in that role with Tolzien in 2009, and Canada has done it in the past.

2. Joe Brennan is not being considered a possiblity at the QB spot. This means that Stave has officially surpassed him for the #2 sot (#3 is Phillips is healthy).

3. Though the Badgers may not be signing a quarterback this year, we are bringing in three well-regarded walk-ons. We are bringing in Clay Rust, Thad Armstrong, and Chase Knox. While walk-ons are not ideal, this is a great way to depth while avoiding oversigning. If one or two of them wind up materializing into great players, all the better.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just going to post about this myself. I'm a little annoyed that both Rivals and ESPN Milwaukee beat JSOnline and all of the Madison outlets to the punch(at least on the internet), but I guess I'll give jizzney their plug anyway.

http://espnmilwaukee.com/common/more.php?m=49&post_id=8551

1. I don't much like the two QB system. Actually I don't like it at all. Phillips is cleared 100%, though, and the one thing he always had was the X-Factor. He definitely could make things happen with his feet.

2. Stave has a lot of work to put in. Brennan will be wearing the headset for the long term I think.

3. Actually, I think they're still looking at Connor Rhoda. He was at Wisconsin's summer camp, so I do believe that we are likely his first choice. Honestly, I like his arm. He also seems to run a lot of play action, and he really appears to understand how to sell it. He seems to be a natural throwing on the move....but obviously he is going to have to be able to adjust that to how much faster things are going to happen in the NCAA. We'll see. He's a 2013 recruit so it will depend on the availability of scholarships as signing day approaches next year.

Conor Rhoda - Yahoo! Sports

Last edited by a moderator: