• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Way Too Long League of Death LOL Thread (Cheaters Edition)

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats whats actually upsets me, is that they are friends and they are cheating
Well I think they just are casual players, they probably don't consider it cheating. I'd just quit the league, what you get out of blasting them?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I think they just are casual players, they probably don't consider it cheating. I'd just quit the league, what you get out of blasting them?
i think they should know they are doing something wrong, especially if its been called out before.......just me.......if i paid my money , to play with FRIENDS, i expect them to be respectful

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not for trying to create conflict , even though it seems that way at times, and it does at times with comments i make in our leagues. Im for following the rules.........and the things people state are important........when they dont happen i dont like things just getting brushed aside

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) money changes everything.

2) if they're casual friends, and the site allows them to make these illegal moves, they could make the argument that if it is allowed then it's legal. Not that I agree, but it may be hard to convince casual fans of that.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, the Commish is pretty much the only person (along with his family) that I have/find the time to do shit with. His wife is my co-owner. They are longtime friends with the other 10 owners in the league (most of the league has been in since is started like 30-35 years ago. There is actually a Grandpa, Son and Grandson in this league. There are 4-5 pretty good owners (I'm including myself, the Commish, the Cheater and a couple others. All these guise have tons of money except the Commish and myself. Like, they have memberships at one of the Northern Cali Golf Country Clubs kind of money. I will say this much though...............there has not been on collusive transaction made and TBH I'm pretty surprised about that.............lmao.

EDIT: According to the Commish, this is the first year in like 15 years they had an actual opening in this league..........I am just co-owning (well, money wise)

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2) if they're casual friends, and the site allows them to make these illegal moves, they could make the argument that if it is allowed then it's legal. Not that I agree, but it may be hard to convince casual fans of that.
It's a money league and Sammy is way more advanced then his friends, who take rules to be way more flexible then a serious player. Just bow out is what I would do.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes it does................I'm so glad we never went that way in tMBBRL..................I can't imagine losing any of yoose guise as friends..........it would be sad.

And as bad as I suck this year, I'd have to sell one of my kids!

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe a subtle gif on the league's home page?

tenor.gif

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, the Commish is pretty much the only person (along with his family) that I have/find the time to do shit with. His wife is my co-owner. They are longtime friends with the other 10 owners in the league (most of the league has been in since is started like 30-35 years ago. There is actually a Grandpa, Son and Grandson in this league. There are 4-5 pretty good owners (I'm including myself, the Commish, the Cheater and a couple others. All these guise have tons of money except the Commish and myself. Like, they have memberships at one of the Northern Cali Golf Country Clubs kind of money. I will say this much though...............there has not been on collusive transaction made and TBH I'm pretty surprised about that.............lmao.

EDIT: According to the Commish, this is the first year in like 15 years they had an actual opening in this league..........I am just co-owning (well, money wise)

Sammy - my view, for whatever it's worth, is simple on stuff like this - WHEN IT'S NOT FUN ANYMORE - GET OUT. As serious as we all are about the 'game', it is still just that - and should be enjoyable. There is no reason to allow yourself to be annoyed, aggravated or angry every week in a league you truly dislike. There are far too many other options available out there to put yourself threw all that. Had to do the same thing in a work league with a close crew of workmates. ... didn't change a thing between any of us.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I have come to a decision: I will inform the Commish (my buddy) that I will play if the rule is changed to IR players only (no suspended, Q,D or O players) and if we can agree on a penalty (thinking said player is auto-dropped 24 hours before first kickoff on Sunday UNLESS he is in Thursdays game). This is the only way I can see folks from not cheating the system. Kinda sucks as I'm putting conditions out there but I plan on giving him this info like this week so they will have plenty of time to either tell me to pound sand or see what we can come up with. I think that is reasonable. BTW, he still has Cam on IR................

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I have come to a decision: I will inform the Commish (my buddy) that I will play if the rule is changed to IR players only (no suspended, Q,D or O players) and if we can agree on a penalty (thinking said player is auto-dropped 24 hours before first kickoff on Sunday UNLESS he is in Thursdays game). This is the only way I can see folks from not cheating the system. Kinda sucks as I'm putting conditions out there but I plan on giving him this info like this week so they will have plenty of time to either tell me to pound sand or see what we can come up with. I think that is reasonable. BTW, he still has Cam on IR................

You can't expect them to change rules this season. Just for you. Even if you are right. Best is for the future.

Also, you say you are a co-owner and that it is really your co-owners league. If she is doesn't know much then how can you expect the rest of the league to be avid fantasy owners. Sometimes, you got to know what you are getting into before you get into it. You can't be upset with rules midway through the season when they were the rules all season.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't expect them to change rules this season. Just for you. Even if you are right. Best is for the future.

Also, you say you are a co-owner and that it is really your co-owners league. If she is doesn't know much then how can you expect the rest of the league to be avid fantasy owners. Sometimes, you got to know what you are getting into before you get into it. You can't be upset with rules midway through the season when they were the rules all season.
Oh no, I guess I wasn't clear (and after re-reading I wasn't). All that shit is for next year. I fully plan and sticking around this year and taking that motherfuckers money. I plan on having this conversation with the Commish soon but will not expect any rule change this year.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no, I guess I wasn't clear (and after re-reading I wasn't). All that shit is for next year. I fully plan and sticking around this year and taking that motherfuckers money. I plan on having this conversation with the Commish soon but will not expect any rule change this year.

Good. Lol. Was hoping that was what you meant.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either start playing down to their level(bush league) or drop the league at seasons end. Its a cool setup, but it isn't going to be fun if you keep following your FF scruples and other members aren't and the commish sounds like he doesn't really care.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either start playing down to their level(bush league) or drop the league at seasons end. Its a cool setup, but it isn't going to be fun if you keep following your FF scruples and other members aren't and the commish sounds like he doesn't really care.

The bolded is tempting..............and FTR the Commish really does care..........he just doesn't want to rock the boat..............which is bullshit but he does care. He's 3-7 but 5th in points and just spent $4 on the wire tonight and another $3 last week..........point being that $7 wasted on the fact he's pretty much out of it.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well that ir guy sure looked good Thursday night....

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam it cant be just you

ya we all have seen some ir problems suspension allowed or being out as ir which is crazy however it happens and we adjust

however there isnt any doubt of any kind that while Cam was running across my tv screen and handing out footballs to the faithful that he cant be on Ir if the others in the league dont see it no disrespect but they are clueless and easy to whip...

thus get out if it isnt fun or stick around and roll right over them and r*pe em for their money annually ..

hell we love your posts about this league so ya stick around....