• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The way to early LSU vs Alabama predictions

CrimsonFan

Cashing Out
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got us winning 17-13
I feel like the first half will be an offensive struggle for both teams
The defenses will play a great
A few big plays in the second half will seal the deal
My opinion on this game my change closer to Nov 5th

BadMotoWeazal

Got Dirt?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's never to early to prognosticate, I mean damn it the game of the year. Bama 24 LSU 13

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to start by giving my honest reviews of both teams.

Offense - I give Alabama the edge here. There aren't too many offenses as balanced as this one. I think Alabama has the better running backs, and AJ is at least as good or better than Jarrett Lee. Also, the Alabama Wr's really showed off their hands in that Tennessee game, especially Darius Hanks. Both teams have good offensive lines and receivers in my opinion.

Defense - I'll say even here, even though I kinda feel like the Bama D is slightly better. I think the secondary is about even, both teams have some great play-makers in this area, head and shoulders above anyone else in my opinion. I think the Linebacker battle has to go to Alabama. It seems like the LB position for LSU is their only weakness on defense really, while Alabama has so much 1st round talent at Linebacker alone it just ain't funny. As for the D-line, I'm not too familiar with LSU's line, so I won't judge this part. I know Bama's D-line is pretty good with Carpenter and The Aussie anchoring it down.

Special Teams - I'll give the edge to LSU here. I think both Mathieu and Maze are very good returners, I think Mathieu is probably a little better. I also know that Alabama has a bit of a problem getting the ball deep on kickoffs. I get so tired of seeing teams get the kickoff at the 15 and 20 yard lines.

My prediction - I think LSU has a good defensive line, but I really like our O-line this year. I think they will hold off that LSU D-line long enough for Richardson to get past them, and I don't feel like LSU's linebackers can tackle Richardson one-on-one, so I see Bama having a good day running the ball. I think this will open up our passing a bit and take away from their secondary. I know LSU is going to need help from their secondary to stop our run with blitzes and stuff, so I expect to see Mathieu blitzing a lot, and if AJ can get rid of the ball quickly, we will do good against their defense. On the other side of the ball, I don't see them running on Bama at all, so their offensive production will rest solely on Lee and Jefferson running from the QB spot. If Jarrett Lee is able to have a great day, then LSU will do fine, but I don't think he will. I think he's gonna throw a couple picks. Bama is gonna bring a ton of pressure with our Linebackers, and Lee is gonna throw some bad passes right to our secondary. As for the score, I think Bama wins 24-10.

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest concern for this game is McElwain. Our last three games have been filled with some really poor play calling and some horrendous redzone decisions. I’m hoping this was just an experiment to get McCarron some confidence and experience with running our offense instead of just managing it and not a preview of what McElwain wants us to become.

LSU has a strong and balanced offence and they will be able to move the ball on us. We have a strong and balanced offence and we will be able to move the ball on them. I do think we are more physical and that should be the difference IF our special teams can match theirs.

Since this game is at Bryant Denny
Bama 27
LSU 20

If this game was in Louisiana I would flip the scores.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give us the edge in this game because two crucial positions...running back and Linebacker. Their linebackers are not as good as they have been, and their running backs are no TR and EL. That's why I think we should win this game. I think we're even everywhere else.

CrimSonami

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
IMO. The difference in this game will boil down to special teams play.

I've got a number in my head but I'm not EVEN going to put a score prediction out there due to this factor. We protect the ball we win. We muff it we're in position to drop this one.

The defense will be stellar, once again, as long as we keep them fresh with sustained drives and convert in the red zone.

RTR!!!

ida one

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not a fan of either team.

And your right--It is way to early to predict a score, let alone know who is going to win this game.
From what I have seen so far this season, Both teams are pretty evenly matched and it should be one HELL OF A GAME.

Both teams have a bye week so they should have plenty of time to prepare for each other. ( but i'm sure the loser of this game will say the other team had more time to prepare)

Good Luck to both teams

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the game is at Bama Ill go Bama 20 LSU 17.

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a fan of either team.

And your right--It is way to early to predict a score, let alone know who is going to win this game.
From what I have seen so far this season, Both teams are pretty evenly matched and it should be one HELL OF A GAME.

Both teams have a bye week so they should have plenty of time to prepare for each other. ( but i'm sure the loser of this game will say the other team had more time to prepare)

Good Luck to both teams

I think this is finally a game where neither will make excuses at the end, barring disastrous calls by the zebras.

ida one

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
That was just a joke. I know that this is going to be one hard hitting game. Hope no one gets hurt too bad

ida one

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
I doubt there will be 52 points let alone 52 touchdowns.

Only a LSU homer would be thinking like that