• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Walking Dead

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're not even sure of the timeline at this point. That's not good.

Says a lot about the writers.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're not even sure of the timeline at this point. That's not good.

Says a lot about the writers.

Just that the writers feel they can do whatever they want.

There was absolutely no excuse for rick to not just shoot negan when he came out of the doorway. What was the worst thing that could have happened at that point? Then playing the old rick scenes is either saying rick will survive or thinks he will survive. Are they saving Negan for the tiger?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the dumbest moments in the history of the show the ghey fight between Morgan and Jesus...

That smug look on Jesus' face as he says something like: "Well, wanna keep trying?" :gaah::gaah::gaah:

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decent episode, Daryl seems to be trending to 'don't give a fuck' status.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decent episode, Daryl seems to be trending to 'don't give a fuck' status.

What did he say after he shot the guy that surrendered and gave up where the guns were moved to?

It was alright-not epic but defiantly better than last season.

The Morales thing was kinda meh. We knew Darryl was outside and it's Rick so the whole who has the moral high ground talk was lost on me. Rick should have just said you remember that redneck asshole that scared you back in the day has the drop on you. Put down the gun, call your guys off and you see tomorrow.

I liked Morgan and Tara flaking out. The divergence here is interesting to me. Some say take no prisoners and others want to preserve whatever humanity they have left. I found that compelling.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2nd episode on it's own definitely seemed to be moving forward chronologically from start to finish but I guess I'm not sure where it fits into the timeline of the events of the 1st episode. Normally it's a safe assumption that the events of episode 2 would come after the events of episode 1. Otherwise they would either make it clear that it's a flashback or they at least want you to think the events come after (even if they don't) as a misdirect to pay off a twist later. But where episode 1 seemed to be all over the map, the only thing I think is a safe bet is that the events of episode 2 come after SOME of the events of episode 1 but not necessarily all of them.

Well so much for that. This episode confirmed that the Tara, Morgan, and Jesus storyline happens after the attack at the Sanctuary. It's possible but seems very unlikely that any of the other storylines from this episode would be occurring prior to it. If so, that would be a complete mess.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the dumbest moments in the history of the show the ghey fight between Morgan and Jesus...

Yeah I really didn't care for it. On The Talking Dead they were discussing it as though it was something epic that they thought was one of the highlights of the episode. Nothing against the actors who clearly have some skills but it really didn't do anything for me.

I get that it's an inevitable conflict in this type of setting but didn't they beat this horse to death 2 years ago with Morgan on the other side vs. Carol? I thought it was done better in the earlier seasons with Shane/Dale and Hershel/Carl. It seems like it's going to be a recurring theme this season with 3 of the 4 storylines touching on it in tonight's episode.

A simple compromise here would have been to just let Morgan kill the long-haired asshole and take the rest as prisoners. I get that Jesus might think that some of the saviors could be good people who due to circumstances just happened to find themselves on the wrong side. But that guy is clearly a douche bag and likely a threat should he be able to escape, and could even cause trouble as a prisoner.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kill em all, and let Jesus sort them out!

tumblr_mjewumEAB31rytgrro1_500.gif

christoph_waltz_snl_-_h_2013-compressed.jpg

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I really didn't care for it. On The Talking Dead they were discussing it as though it was something epic that they thought was one of the highlights of the episode. Nothing against the actors who clearly have some skills but it really didn't do anything for me.

I get that it's an inevitable conflict in this type of setting but didn't they beat this horse to death 2 years ago with Morgan on the other side vs. Carol? I thought it was done better in the earlier seasons with Shane/Dale and Hershel/Carl. It seems like it's going to be a recurring theme this season with 3 of the 4 storylines touching on it in tonight's episode.

A simple compromise here would have been to just let Morgan kill the long-haired asshole and take the rest as prisoners. I get that Jesus might think that some of the saviors could be good people who due to circumstances just happened to find themselves on the wrong side. But that guy is clearly a douche bag and likely a threat should he be able to escape, and could even cause trouble as a prisoner.

yep. A simple Ooopps "Sorry I'm crazy" would have worked

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, who is going to be the the victim of Walker Eric? You just know it's coming.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eh, its a toss up between that and the spending of WAY too much time on watching the gay boyfriend of a minor character that they really haven't bothered to develop dying and trying to tug non-existent heart strings.

Just stop. We barely care about Aaron. We DEFINITELY don't care about Eric.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, who is going to be the the victim of Walker Eric? You just know it's coming.

Yeah, and Walker Eric ain't goin' for the neck either... Get to a sporting goods store and grab a cup off the shelf, ASAP!!!

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, its a toss up between that and the spending of WAY too much time on watching the gay boyfriend of a minor character that they really haven't bothered to develop dying and trying to tug non-existent heart strings.

Just stop. We barely care about Aaron. We DEFINITELY don't care about Eric.

lolzzzz agreed, then on talking dead they made it seem like this was so sad and that he would be missed when to be honest there has been multiple times in the last couple seasons I thought he was already dead.

On this Jesus and Morgan fight, Morgan was made to look like some sort of master with this wooden stick then all of a sudden a 140 pound girlie boy makes him look stupid. I just thought that was really really dumb.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, anyway... Clearly, as some have stated, we're back to the "Value of human life and humanity" debate for the third or fourth time on TWD...

Agree that they did it well with Shane and Dale and yeah, pretty much beat the dead horse into Elmer's with the Morgan v. Carol thing...

I didn't care for the Morgan v. Jesus thing at all. Yeah, long haired dude is not redeemable. Let Morgan put a bullet in his head, tell the rest that that was a warning and that was done because his past crimes were known, or something.

This is all just crazy... I like how Ezekial and that group are/were just mowing down any in their path. That's how you get it done.... :D

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lolzzzz agreed, then on talking dead they made it seem like this was so sad and that he would be missed when to be honest there has been multiple times in the last couple seasons I thought he was already dead.

On this Jesus and Morgan fight, Morgan was made to look like some sort of master with this wooden stick then all of a sudden a 140 pound girlie boy makes him look stupid. I just thought that was really really dumb.

Yup on Morgan. Understood that Jesus has skills, but Morgan has been unstoppable with his Rod of Smiting to this point...

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the comics, Jesus is fucking ninja. By far the best fighter.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough then...

Problem is, the show hasn't entirely conveyed that yet. They hinted at it I suppose...what with him magically jumping up on the truck earlier in the show, but the comics point it out as soon as he's introduced. He is a full on ninja badass in the comics.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is, the show hasn't entirely conveyed that yet. They hinted at it I suppose...what with him magically jumping up on the truck earlier in the show, but the comics point it out as soon as he's introduced. He is a full on ninja badass in the comics.

Well, I think the show made it clear that the man can fight well, but they had also made it clear that Morgan was no slouch either... I don't find it terribly objectionable that Morgan meets his match with Jesus, just again, the entirety of why they are fighting is well-trodden ground in this show...