• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Walking Dead

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeesh. Jesus almost made me root for Tara.

And Yay Morgan, although Jesus somehow stopped him too.

Otherwise, all I wanna know is:

Where do they get all those bullets??? :pound::pound::pound:
Or better yet...

cutting-grass.jpg

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to let that kind of thing go with the gasoline and such... I have a problem when the writers point out an issue with scarcity, and then, in totally lazy fashion, ignore the issue as though it never existed.

I bring you.... Ammunition.

The writers went out of their way with Eugene and how important he was because he knew how to make ammunition and how it was such a precious resource... And now we're just spraying bullets all over creation as though it will rain some more bullets tomorrow for them to harvest?

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really isn't if you store gas in cool dry place and the gas canisters are properly sealed than gas can last a while. In cars it depends on the fuel line. This is just what I heard you can probably search on google and get some answers.

In proper conditions gas will last around a year. Sitting outside in a cars gas tank waiting to be siphoned?

There is an easy fix, convert cars to bio-diesel. Would at least be plausible

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish "where are they getting all these bullets" was the shittiest thing about this show. I rank that somewhere around 147 on the list of bullshit.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish "where are they getting all these bullets" was the shittiest thing about this show. I rank that somewhere around 147 on the list of bullshit.

Oh, I agree... Like I mentioned, its just that the writers seemed to make a concerted effort to point out how precious ammunition is, right before they started treating it like there's an unlimited supply...

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I agree... Like I mentioned, its just that the writers seemed to make a concerted effort to point out how precious ammunition is, right before they started treating it like there's an unlimited supply...

I'm totally with you. They did that. I just wish that was the worst things these shitbag writers have done.

Honestly, I'm starting to think they're just a bunch of half-wits who got lucky and won the lottery on the first two or three seasons. Pretty much been degrees of mediocre to crap since, except for the last couple seasons which have just been complete diarrhea. Like straight peeing out your ass diarrhea.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, shit.

Those montages in the last episode with the melodramatic music, where they're showing these clowns' faces, each one for way too long. It's as if they think they're filming a cast of highly skilled thespians. Give me a fucking break. The only thing that rivals how shitty the writing's been is how shitty the acting has been.

Pssst. Hey, Gimple. Contrary to what was previously the popular opinion, your shit does in fact stink. Bad.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This concept is what really bothers me about sci-fi and fantasy writing in general. I can accept pretty much any rules that you set up for your universe, as long as you are somewhat consistent in following said rules.

I am binging Buffy right now, and I am really enjoying it. But they are REALLY bad about following their own rules. They spend a bunch of time talking about how vamps can’t enter someone’s home without being invited, them, in the same episode, they have a vamp break into a house and post a bunch of photos all over as a threat. HOW WAS HE ABLE TO GET IN THE HOUSE???

The same thing exists here. Eugene making bullets was a pretty big-ish subplot for more than a season (and a major character arc in the books), but now that they don’t have him anymore, bullets are no longer scarce? Especially after the Saviors have made a point if confiscating all their weapons (I know they got weaps from Oceanside, but they should still be outgunned).

If a rule is established, stick by it. It makes for better storytelling anyway!

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This concept is what really bothers me about sci-fi and fantasy writing in general. I can accept pretty much any rules that you set up for your universe, as long as you are somewhat consistent in following said rules.

I am binging Buffy right now, and I am really enjoying it. But they are REALLY bad about following their own rules. They spend a bunch of time talking about how vamps can’t enter someone’s home without being invited, them, in the same episode, they have a vamp break into a house and post a bunch of photos all over as a threat. HOW WAS HE ABLE TO GET IN THE HOUSE???

The same thing exists here. Eugene making bullets was a pretty big-ish subplot for more than a season (and a major character arc in the books), but now that they don’t have him anymore, bullets are no longer scarce? Especially after the Saviors have made a point if confiscating all their weapons (I know they got weaps from Oceanside, but they should still be outgunned).

If a rule is established, stick by it. It makes for better storytelling anyway!
I guess in their defense the survivors apparently are raiding all of the outposts and maybe (? I'm confused by what's going on this season) did that before shooting out the windows.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess in their defense the survivors apparently are raiding all of the outposts and maybe (? I'm confused by what's going on this season) did that before shooting out the windows.

That's a good point. The timeline for this season seems to be anything but linear so far (which so far hasn't really been a good thing) so that's actually quite possible.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a good point. The timeline for this season seems to be anything but linear so far (which so far hasn't really been a good thing) so that's actually quite possible.
The timeline if the first ep was definitely jumbled. I counted at least 3 or 4 different times in that ep (old man rick; red-eyed rick; Santuary; crossbow convo).

But ep 2 seemed to be pretty straight forward, and I THOUGHT it took place after the shootout at the Santuary. Maybe I should watch it again and pay close attention to possible timelines.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm totally with you. They did that. I just wish that was the worst things these shitbag writers have done.

Honestly, I'm starting to think they're just a bunch of half-wits who got lucky and won the lottery on the first two or three seasons. Pretty much been degrees of mediocre to crap since, except for the last couple seasons which have just been complete diarrhea. Like straight peeing out your ass diarrhea.

Bro, they fired the guy who made the first two seasons; they have been riding on his coattails ever since. If he's still got his lawsuit going on, I hope he is the one who hits the lottery.

For the nit pickers: Yeah yeah, I know Darabont got fired halfway through year 2. Doesn't matter.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The timeline if the first ep was definitely jumbled. I counted at least 3 or 4 different times in that ep (old man rick; red-eyed rick; Santuary; crossbow convo).

But ep 2 seemed to be pretty straight forward, and I THOUGHT it took place after the shootout at the Santuary. Maybe I should watch it again and pay close attention to possible timelines.

The 2nd episode on it's own definitely seemed to be moving forward chronologically from start to finish but I guess I'm not sure where it fits into the timeline of the events of the 1st episode. Normally it's a safe assumption that the events of episode 2 would come after the events of episode 1. Otherwise they would either make it clear that it's a flashback or they at least want you to think the events come after (even if they don't) as a misdirect to pay off a twist later. But where episode 1 seemed to be all over the map, the only thing I think is a safe bet is that the events of episode 2 come after SOME of the events of episode 1 but not necessarily all of them.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2nd episode on it's own definitely seemed to be moving forward chronologically from start to finish but I guess I'm not sure where it fits into the timeline of the events of the 1st episode. Normally it's a safe assumption that the events of episode 2 would come after the events of episode 1. Otherwise they would either make it clear that it's a flashback or they at least want you to think the events come after (even if they don't) as a misdirect to pay off a twist later. But where episode 1 seemed to be all over the map, the only thing I think is a safe bet is that the events of episode 2 come after SOME of the events of episode 1 but not necessarily all of them.
So maybe E2 comes BEFORE the shootout at Santuary, but AFTER the pep-talk by Rick/Zeke/Maggie?

Is it supposed to take place at the same time as the shootout? Wasn’t Rick shown wandering around in E2?

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So maybe E2 comes BEFORE the shootout at Santuary, but AFTER the pep-talk by Rick/Zeke/Maggie?

Is it supposed to take place at the same time as the shootout? Wasn’t Rick shown wandering around in E2?

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't take place at the same time as Rick was definitely in both. It might have been before it though.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is that its a bad sign that, what was once a show that I felt I needed to watch Sunday night when it aired, is quickly becoming one that I'll catch on DVR when I have the time and nothing better to do...