• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Walking Dead

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carol as a bad a$$, can't buy into it. Why did Michonne that was a BA, used to walk around with 2 pet zombies, get her butt kicked by that girl?

They don't have many zombie sequences anymore. That is what this show is about.

Jumped the shark.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These entire episodes dedicated to the character that's dying is extremely lame. Did we really need 20 minutes of Sasha flashbacks? The trend started with Tyrese and now every important character gets their own episode. What made this show intriguing was the thought that anyone could die at any moment, quickly, suddenly, most times without a real reason.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These entire episodes dedicated to the character that's dying is extremely lame. Did we really need 20 minutes of Sasha flashbacks? The trend started with Tyrese and now every important character gets their own episode. What made this show intriguing was the thought that anyone could die at any moment, quickly, suddenly, most times without a real reason.
I loved the ep where we lost both Laurie AND T-Dog. There wasn't a major tear-jerking memorial to the characters before or after.

Now the whole show just seems like a kumbaya circle.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carol as a bad a$$, can't buy into it. Why did Michonne that was a BA, used to walk around with 2 pet zombies, get her butt kicked by that girl?

They don't have many zombie sequences anymore. That is what this show is about.

Jumped the shark.

Carol is a bad ass because of mind set.

You think Michone was a bad ass because of her sword. You really haven't seen Michone fight.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with that line of thinking is there are a lot more zombies out there. They are attracted to noise and therefore group up. If you think they are not a problem just wait until the Whisperers.

I friggin hope so! I have seen little indication of that this season except for the unused hoarde they fenced off earlier.

I have not read the comics but I have heard some whispers about the Whisperers. Hope that plotline returns things back to a show with scary zombies as the main antagonists.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I friggin hope so! I have seen little indication of that this season except for the unused hoarde they fenced off earlier.

I have not read the comics but I have heard some whispers about the Whisperers. Hope that plotline returns things back to a show with scary zombies as the main antagonists.
You will like the Whisperers (unless the show absolutely shits the bed with them)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How will the show deal with them? They changed up the Holly/Sasha thing because the trick was already used in Fear. Well, the Whisperers thing is almost normal fare in Fear (kinda). Also, they killed off Alpha so fast in the books, will she even be a "major" character in the show?

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved the ep where we lost both Laurie AND T-Dog. There wasn't a major tear-jerking memorial to the characters before or after.

Now the whole show just seems like a kumbaya circle.

Imagine how great it would have been if we were lead to believe that Sasha wouldn't take the pill, only to see her pop out of the coffin as a walker. Anyone who is not a C-list character or below has their death telegraphed to the audience. I didn't find this little Sasha tribute satisfying at all, it was more boring than gut-wrenching.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I just enjoy the shit outta these. :thumb:

So, I've been reading em' for some time before posting em' here. For fucking ever, the writer has been referring to inanimate objects (smiling blueberry pancake:laugh:)as his favorite character on the show. They make me chuckle. Guilty pleasures en sech.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There should be an episode where Shiva is BBQ'd and Carol makes a bad ass sauce from scratch.

You are a fucking genius, then during the episode they can flash back to times in the past when they ate...

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are a fucking genius, then during the episode they can flash back to times in the past when they ate...

Maybe make some home brew while feasting on BBQ tiger tenderloin. Several flashbacks to pre-zombie days (family picnics, July 4th celebrations, BBQ competitions in small towns)

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe make some home brew while feasting on BBQ tiger tenderloin. Several flashbacks to pre-zombie days (family picnics, July 4th celebrations, BBQ competitions in small towns)

you may not be far off but i doubt the party doing the eating cares all that much about BBQ sauce, picnics, or celebrations.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you may not be far off but i doubt the party doing the eating cares all that much about BBQ sauce, picnics, or celebrations.

Bro, EVERYONE cares about BBQ sauce. That and cockroaches will be the only things to survive the zombie apocalypse. :pound::pound::pound:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The show is not about the zombies

I get where you're going, but they have removed the great horror aspect that was established and turned it into a self indulgent soap opera, imo.

Even worse, it's not even a very well written one. Laziness abounds.

In this case, success breeds crap. Imo.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get where you're going, but they have removed the great horror aspect that was established and turned it into a self indulgent soap opera, imo.

Even worse, it's not even a very well written one. Laziness abounds.

In this case, success breeds crap. Imo.
Read the comic books

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read the comic books

I have. Here's my stance: this is a tv show. It took the idea of the comic book and translated it with great success. It broke unprecedented ground.

Look at the first two seasons. Probably the greatest viewer hook in the history of television. It took us all in, and rightfully so. Those seasons will easily be remembered (or argued as) the best horror in television history.

To be brutally honest, the rest has been not-even-worthy-of-comics crap.

Now I'm feeling lazy; anyone want to look up a viewer breakdown? I dunno, how many comic viewers compared to casual viewers or something like that?

It wouldn't surprise me to find out that the comic book viewers are beginning to keep the show going at this point.

Sooner or later, they will realize what shit this has become.

Ha! This is my rant for the day. :)

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have. Here's my stance: this is a tv show. It took the idea of the comic book and translated it with great success. It broke unprecedented ground.

Look at the first two seasons. Probably the greatest viewer hook in the history of television. It took us all in, and rightfully so. Those seasons will easily be remembered (or argued as) the best horror in television history.

To be brutally honest, the rest has been not-even-worthy-of-comics crap.

Now I'm feeling lazy; anyone want to look up a viewer breakdown? I dunno, how many comic viewers compared to casual viewers or something like that?

It wouldn't surprise me to find out that the comic book viewers are beginning to keep the show going at this point.

Sooner or later, they will realize what shit this has become.

Ha! This is my rant for the day. :)

Don't you dare criticize a show lilchi is watching.

Side rant here but just because it's about zombies doesn't mean we should forgive lazy writing and directing. If we do then we are just bending ourselves over for more sub-par crap.