• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Walking Dead

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During the whole battle, I wasn't even sure who was dying. For all we know, Shiva ate like 4 Alexandrians on the way to Negan, and that's what took them so long.
And why did she eat the random dude standing next to the dude with the bat? If Shiva were riled to attack, wouldn't animal instinct dictate that she attack the aggressor?

And why did nobody see Shiva or the Kingdom-ites until Shiva attacked? Is everyone blind to everything that isn't on screen?

How did the Kingdom-ites get into Alexandria? Did they hop the wall? So two people grabbed Shiva's front paws and pulled while two lifted her rear paws? Why didn't they put that on screen? I would have been OK if that were the entire episode. It would have been awsome having Shiva taking a few breaks, leaning against the wall taking a quick smoke break.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really though, a giant man-eating tiger jumps out of nowhere and eats one of your people and no one shoots it? I can see missing individual people, but a giant fucking tiger? With all that firepower? No way that tiger is still alive after a fight like that. And then of course it kills another one of their people.

We can pick at lots of the details like no one actually targeting Negan first when things went south and he had Sasha on him, or targeting him first after the tiger caused their much needed distraction. And like half a dozen people with machine guns firing off on the vehicle as it was leaving with an arm out the window giving the bird and not one of those bullets did any real harm. Michonne with her hulk hogan moment. And then magically has no swollen eye anymore while in the bed recovering. Was that like a month later or something? :noidea: Because anyone that has seen someone get their ass kicked that badly knows the swelling doesn't go down for at least a full week.

Doesn't really matter though. On entertainment factor only it was a solid middle of the road thing to me. Some good, some bad, and a fair amount of meh.

Just feels like after all these years I'm too fully invested to not follow it to the conclusion, but outside of that draw I'd have probably stopped watching it several years ago. I loved it early on with all of the ups and downs and all of those characters you loved to hate one minute, and then drew to like a little the next.

Can't say I'm fully in suspense waiting on next year and that's a pretty damning place to be just after a season finale. I'll entirely forget all about this series within a few weeks and won't give it another thought until at least September. Sad really, because there have been so many episodes where you know they could have done things just a bit differently and given you a hell of a show. So many wasted opportunities with all of this rich material.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
During the whole battle, I wasn't even sure who was dying. For all we know, Shiva ate like 4 Alexandrians on the way to Negan, and that's what took them so long.

I wouldn't have minded that being on screen. Everyone's just like "fuck it! we got a man-eating tiger, bitches! no one gives a shit about alexandrians anyway".

It would have been simple to have the kingdom or hilltop shoot one of the alexandrians and have carol or maggie scream at them "only shoot the evil looking ones with the leather jackets and the retarded looking ones!!"

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't have minded that being on screen. Everyone's just like "fuck it! we got a man-eating tiger, bitches! no one gives a shit about alexandrians anyway".

It would have been simple to have the kingdom or hilltop shoot one of the alexandrians and have carol or maggie scream at them "only shoot the evil looking ones with the leather jackets and the retarded looking ones!!"

Carol would definitely say that

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The frickin' tiger needs...

a frickin' laser beam...

shootin' outta its frickin' eye!

images

251dBBbZg5-6.png

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notes:
*The gunfight was done in a rather amateur fashion. Lots of people standing up and running around like headless chickens. Anyone that knows anything would have immediately hit the deck and fired from a ground position. It was slightly better than the old A-Team gunfights. Though it might have been better if The A-Team music had played when the Kingdom folks showed up.

*It is possible that the tiger takes some direction from the Kingdom leader dude (forgot his name). They should have shown him pointing and yelling verbal commands. That would have explained it AND been pretty cool.

*I will give them a pass on the "How did the Kingdom people get in?" question. It is possible that they were able to send someone in to open a back gate while everyone else was too busy jawing.

*I was surprised by the garbage people turning, but it is just another example of Rick being an idiot. At the very least he should have considered this possiblity and taken precautions, like maybe having them sit up an ambush OUTSIDE the gates instead of inside and standing directly behind everyone else (which should have been a tip off). It was funny how Negen referred to them stupid garbage people to Rick right with them standing there, and then goes "No offense".

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TWD has turned into a joke. Why aren't these people heading to another part of the country, like Texas, where the people are nicer and better looking.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*I will give them a pass on the "How did the Kingdom people get in?" question. It is possible that they were able to send someone in to open a back gate while everyone else was too busy jawing.

:pound::pound::pound:

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TWD has turned into a joke. Why aren't these people heading to another part of the country, like Texas, where the people are nicer and better looking.

I will assume that the "nicer and better looking" part is a joke, but the sentiment of your post remains valid.

These people are too busy scrapping up old cans of beans when it would be easier to move to a place that is not over-ran by stupid dicks who would rather play Road Warrior than actually work towards anything productive.

Not to mention the fact that gasoline has about a 3 year lifespan before it starts turning into unusable goo, but these folks seem to have no problem cruising around in garbage trucks and delivery vans. Texas would actually be a great option to start refining your own fuel.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will assume that the "nicer and better looking" part is a joke, but the sentiment of your post remains valid.

These people are too busy scrapping up old cans of beans when it would be easier to move to a place that is not over-ran by stupid dicks who would rather play Road Warrior than actually work towards anything productive.

Not to mention the fact that gasoline has about a 3 year lifespan before it starts turning into unusable goo, but these folks seem to have no problem cruising around in garbage trucks and delivery vans. Texas would actually be a great option to start refining your own fuel.

This is has long pissed me off and it wouldn't be hard to say they formulate bio diesel or something

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really though, a giant man-eating tiger jumps out of nowhere and eats one of your people and no one shoots it? I can see missing individual people, but a giant fucking tiger? With all that firepower? No way that tiger is still alive after a fight like that. And then of course it kills another one of their people.

We can pick at lots of the details like no one actually targeting Negan first when things went south and he had Sasha on him, or targeting him first after the tiger caused their much needed distraction. And like half a dozen people with machine guns firing off on the vehicle as it was leaving with an arm out the window giving the bird and not one of those bullets did any real harm. Michonne with her hulk hogan moment. And then magically has no swollen eye anymore while in the bed recovering. Was that like a month later or something? :noidea: Because anyone that has seen someone get their ass kicked that badly knows the swelling doesn't go down for at least a full week.

Doesn't really matter though. On entertainment factor only it was a solid middle of the road thing to me. Some good, some bad, and a fair amount of meh.

Just feels like after all these years I'm too fully invested to not follow it to the conclusion, but outside of that draw I'd have probably stopped watching it several years ago. I loved it early on with all of the ups and downs and all of those characters you loved to hate one minute, and then drew to like a little the next.

Can't say I'm fully in suspense waiting on next year and that's a pretty damning place to be just after a season finale. I'll entirely forget all about this series within a few weeks and won't give it another thought until at least September. Sad really, because there have been so many episodes where you know they could have done things just a bit differently and given you a hell of a show. So many wasted opportunities with all of this rich material.

Of course a zombie apocalypse is completely plausible... ;) It's a TV show people!, with a story and everything! :D

There is a shock value when a 500 lb tiger is running around. And there are still people with guns shooting at you too and those are still more dangerous.

Maybe Shiva could smell the bad guys, especially the garbage people... ;) ;) ;)

Yeah there are a lot of holes here.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cool thing about TWD was the struggle for people to survive as prey amongst the dominant zombie hordes. It was dark and terrifying in both specific situations and overall ambience.

Now it is more about post-apocalyptic infighting for aging supplies.

If I was Hilltop, Alexandria, the Kingdom, etc. I would have gathered everyone together and headed out onto the plains somewhere with good top soil, far away from the Saviors. I would leave a big note saying "F*** YOU NEGANS! Grow your own f***ing food! Good luck with all that f***nuts!"

In the past it was always necessary to find safe shelter and hole up from the Walkers, but now they hardly seem like a threat at all. Their ranks are thinned and everyone knows how to deal with them. Now the Walkers are basically the equivalent of a rattlesnake: Be aware of them possibly being around and don't get in striking distance and you will be ok. Other humans are by far a bigger problem at this juncture and seperating yourself from dickholes like the Saviors instead of clinging to a place just because it has walls seems a bit short sighted.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with that line of thinking is there are a lot more zombies out there. They are attracted to noise and therefore group up. If you think they are not a problem just wait until the Whisperers.