• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Walking Dead

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention they are in Virginia now, nobody wants to stay in Atlanta without air conditioning...

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eugene episode is the best episode in years IMO. (Or... maybe I think that because the show has been weak for quite some time) I didn't really like last week but it was nice to see Morgan stop being a bitch...

Eugene's 1 minute moment in yesterdays episode was quite worthy too.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eugene's 1 minute moment in yesterdays episode was quite worthy too.

Lots of people think he has somehow actually switched teams I dont read the comics so I dont know im right I just think he seen two girls and thought I aint leaving with you, hes waiting for the entire group then will once again show which side he is on... Much like he did with the girls who wanted the pills to kill Negan, why trust these two girls, they could end up getting him killed, he will wait for the right time...

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of people think he has somehow actually switched teams I dont read the comics so I dont know im right I just think he seen two girls and thought I aint leaving with you, hes waiting for the entire group then will once again show which side he is on... Much like he did with the girls who wanted the pills to kill Negan, why trust these two girls, they could end up getting him killed, he will wait for the right time...

Me. I think he likes where he is.. If he has to, he'll switch sides again but no hurry.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me. I think he likes where he is.. If he has to, he'll switch sides again but no hurry.

He watched Negan bash Abrahams head into pulp, he is waiting for the right time...

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He watched Negan bash Abrahams head into pulp, he is waiting for the right time...

Of course didn't Abraham almost kill Eugene at one point?

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course didn't Abraham almost kill Eugene at one point?

Because he lied about knowing how to fix the world but Eugene still idolized him...

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They refuse to go off script and create their own ideas outside of the comics. This leads to filler and a dragging plot. They should have started to get creative a long time ago, now they are in too deep to go off the beaten path.

The lack of ingenuity is really starting to show.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is the crux of my problem with the show and characters right now.

Eugene is fucking smart to not listen to anyone who has attempted to intervene with him and kill Negan because he understands the freakin repercussions. The fact that he likes his situation is certainly a factor as well, but he's not going to throw it away at some low percentage glory attempt. The 2 chicks trying to poison Negan didn't bother me as much, but this whole mission Rosita and Sasha are on is just fucking stupid and it's pissing me off.

Rosita and Sasha are being so short-sighted. So you're plan is to shoot Negan. Alright. Didn't Rosita already try that? Yes, and what happened? She got someone ELSE killed. But this time you won't miss. Bitch, you are trying to snipe him from a distance. There's tons of obstacles in the way, wind is a factor and it's a moving target. Tough ass shot. You missed him from like 5 feet a couple days ago. The other option is to sneak in and make your way to Negan and kill him close range. How many people do you think are guarding Negan? It's unlikely you would even reach him before dying.

So it's very likely you're going to fail. So now Negan's like, this bitch tried to kill me and she's from Alexandria. Let's go on a little visit shall we? Now he goes to Alexandria and kills another innocent person who had no idea what the plan was. This was all so you could "go out fighting", bitch Rick is planning a god damn war! So freaking frustrating.

Of course the episode ends on an ambiguous note too. Ugh..

Back to Eugene for a moment, he is smart to wait for a better moment to turn back sides. He would have been associated with the wives if they tried to poison Negan, or with Sasha and Rosita on their mission (still might be). I guess none of them can see that.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They refuse to go off script and create their own ideas outside of the comics. This leads to filler and a dragging plot. They should have started to get creative a long time ago, now they are in too deep to go off the beaten path.

Yes and no.
They expanded the Hunters A LOT, and have added a lot of depth to Dwight.

That said, it would have been nice to shake things up post-prison. The comics got very slow at that point, and the show proved that.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Personally, I thought the off comic stuff was some of their worst. Terminus and the fallout from that sucked, IMO. Alexandria has been my favorite part. It's still just terrible writing that hinders this show.

They tried to get creative and figured out that they are all that creative.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I thought the off comic stuff was some of their worst. Terminus and the fallout from that sucked, IMO. Alexandria has been my favorite part. It's still just terrible writing that hinders this show.

They tried to get creative and figured out that they are all that creative.
To be fair, the Terminus arc gave us Carol, so I am OK with it (in a vacuum)

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, the Terminus arc gave us Carol, so I am OK with it (in a vacuum)

Carol being an utter bad ass helped that. I had less a problem with Terminus at it's peak than the long drag leading up to it (where we had like 5 different sub groups of main characters that were all separated) and some stuff directly after (the hospital with Beth mainly, god I hated that).

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carol being an utter bad ass helped that. I had less a problem with Terminus at it's peak than the long drag leading up to it (where we had like 5 different sub groups of main characters that were all separated) and some stuff directly after (the hospital with Beth mainly, god I hated that).
That was the birth of the "bottle episodes".

Totally killed the show, IMHO

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Season 2 succeeded because there was still a newness to the entire situation. It was the first time they had a little time to question where humanity fits in to a post-apocalyptic zombie-infested world... I think it seems now like they keep oscillating between "Action" per se, and the "Deeper Questions"... Only it seems to have gotten to the point where most of the "Deeper Questions" have been answered at LEAST three times already, and the "What Would YOU do?" nature of those questions is played at this point. It is no longer provocative, its just annoying.

I'm not quite sure how they fix that.

And look, I'm not a homophobe, but there REALLY seems to be an over-abundance of gay people in this post-apocalyptic world...

Even gay people can survive the zombie apocalypse.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even gay people can survive the zombie apocalypse.
But they are approx 5% of the true population. We now have had at least 5 "main"ish characters be gay (Tara, Olivia, Aaron, Eric, Jesus). In a world were it is sooooo important have proper societal ratios represented, that is grossly over-representative of our society.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched Sunday's episode.

I have to give the writers credit. The utterly disappointing premiere was perfect foreshadowing for the piles of shit they would subject us to for the remainder of the season.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they are approx 5% of the true population. We now have had at least 5 "main"ish characters be gay (Tara, Olivia, Aaron, Eric, Jesus). In a world were it is sooooo important have proper societal ratios represented, that is grossly over-representative of our society.

Correct, and that's all I mean by it... I'm expecting a Transgendered character to be introduced soon... :D