• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Very Best of Bossmanpc-Your favorite Bossmanpc story

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tumblr_mnbfz2VbP21rzttf8o6_250.gif
Agreed. Right now I'm letting my actions speak instead of my words. This has been devastating.

...Stickied this thread as well to keep them all together.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those who make us smile the most in life are the ones that make us saddest when they pass away. Obvious from everyone's interactions with Steve aka Bossman was positive to say the least. His loved ones were truly blessed to have him in their lives, and we carry on with Bossman's memories in our minds, hearts, & souls. God bless this wonderful human being, we need more like him in this world. Very sad that he's gone.

Just a note on that. I looked back at the old Hookie Awards the other night. I seemed to recall Boss winning one. So I checked it out and he won the Best Moderator category both times on here.

Now out of 5-6 people, one might think that doesn't say much. But we have such an outstanding group of mods that all do great work and are all great people, so it says a lot that he was voted Best twice from such a quality group.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wish I had a story from him, only interacted with him on here and through PM's a handful of times. But from the interactions, I could tell how genuine of a soul he had, and how nice of a guy he was. A shame I didn't get to know him better, but all your stories about him, make me believe he was a great person and taken from this world too soon. May he RIP and Go Sabres!

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of touched on my favorite Bossman story in the thread last night. It was a few years ago and the Habs and Sabres were playing an important game on a Friday night. Goofing off I posted that I had nothing to do that day so I was going to jump in my car and drive up to Buffalo to watch the game. I wasn't even specifically posting to Bossman, just to the board in general and few minutes later I got a PM from him with his cell number telling me that if I made it there to give him a call. I believe he also said that he had plans but would change them if I went up.

Like others I got PMs now and then to make sure I wasn't mad or that we were not serious when we disagreed. I always laughed and responded that I did not think he could seriously anger me on purpose, much less unintentionally.

I haven't really talked to anyone from these boards or ESPN, besides a few emails and PMs, never by phone. I have only met one person from the boards ever so to me it was a big deal then he so quickly sent me his number and wanted to meet. I thought it was a really cool thing to do.

kcme

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve taught me how to drive a stick shift in Rick Martin's Trans-Am when it was in storage were he work when the Sabres were on the road.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another Bossman story - He was so excited about receiving his new flatscreen tv from his son and in the next breath wondering what he should do with his current big screen (I assume rear projection tv). Not sure what eventually happened in the end, but he was seriously thinking about donating to a local boys and girls club in Buffalo or some other charity. Always thinking of how he could help out others was Steve's calling card.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve taught me how to drive a stick shift in Rick Martin's Trans-Am when it was in storage were he work when the Sabres were on the road.

There is too much awesomeness in this post to get into.

It's just awesome to see great stories and memories amidst the grief. As sad as it is to see one of the good guys of the world go, it's great to see these memories cherished and celebrated by those who loved him.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Guys, I got to talking to Steves Sister on facebook. She wanted to pass on a message. I gave them the link to the memorial threads on Steve and they were really taken aback but the genuine message from all of us. They wanted to thank each and every one of us for our kind words. Well Done SportsHoopla

Wow, Matt, Cindy and I (sisters of Steve Krol) were totally blown away by the posts. I didn't know anything about the board until now, but I am sure Steve would be very humbled by the attention and love shown here. I absolutely loved the Bossman Sabres jerseys and the goal horn made me laugh right out loud (and I swear I could hear Rick Jeanneret bellowing too). I enjoyed each and every one of the posts. His beloved Sabres may not have presented him with a win tonight, but his "board" team totally did--no matter which jersey each player normally wears. I am sure Steve appreciated his fellow sports enthusiasts who donned the blue and gold in his honor. I am absolutely certain that each day with his online family was a happier one.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a note on that. I looked back at the old Hookie Awards the other night. I seemed to recall Boss winning one. So I checked it out and he won the Best Moderator category both times on here.

Now out of 5-6 people, one might think that doesn't say much. But we have such an outstanding group of mods that all do great work and are all great people, so it says a lot that he was voted Best twice from such a quality group.

True true :10:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Guys, I got to talking to Steves Sister on facebook. She wanted to pass on a message. I gave them the link to the memorial threads on Steve and they were really taken aback but the genuine message from all of us. They wanted to thank each and every one of us for our kind words. Well Done SportsHoopla

Great to hear, glad we could do our part to bring a smile to his wonderful family's wonderful faces. He's done it for us so many times, it's the least we could do.

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks for posting this Matt. I'm glad his family knows how much Boss was loved here and held in the highest of esteem. Things just won't be the same here without him.

Last edited by a moderator:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boss was a big fan of 'The Who' ergo this seems appropriate.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I jut remember one of my favourite Bossman-isms.

In a GDT with the Sabres he'd often finish his first post in the thread with..

"Good luck to the _____s and their fans but not tonight." :10:

What a beaut.

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are we going to hang up the framed Captain Obvious cape? Corporal Sarcasm has lost his mentor.

kenyg54

Only sane person out here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Bossman's very first post out here, 4/20/10 (ironic date):

GREETINGS ONE AND ALL.

BOSS: My name is Bossmanpc (AKA) Steve and I love hockey. It's too bad my Sabres don't seem to like playing this time of year. :-(

POSTMASTER: I am tempted to delete this thread for not posting in the "welcome" one first. You think you are extra special, Boss? :p

BOSS: No, just old and happy!

Yes he was extra special.

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was passing through these threads today and even though I did not have the relationship that some of you did with Steve he was on my mind. I sure did have many laughs over the years with him though which made me think of this.

Maybe cause the playoffs are coming and we all enjoy those games. If the Sabres did not have a chance he would pick "his" team to support that year.

I miss his posts more now than I have earlier.