• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The US Open 2014 thread

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and who else? Stadium should be empty.

What does it matter to Kei Nishikori or Marin Cilic? It is the biggest game for either of them and whether the stadium is empty or full is neither here nor there. There is always the first time GS winner and that would be decided tomorrow and that is what matters most to either one of them.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unsurprised to see fed lose. it was amazing he was able to even get through monfils.

he and edberg obviously centered everything on getting fed to aggressively come to net pretty much all of the time. it made sense because he can't hang with the younger top guys from the baseline anymore.

however, they adjusted the tension of his raquets to strengthen his transition/net game, and as a result, his forehand became utterly useless. so many times he'd get his opponents out of position with the backhand, and then just weakly hit a forehand into the middle of the court instead of deep into the corner of the open court. just over and over again.

i'm fine with the net idea, but not if it completely obliterates what used to be his biggest weapon off the ground.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When he was belittling me calling me a twenty year-old kid who doesn't know anything about tennis I did not hear you say to him that he was being self righteous and arrogant. When I responded in kind you come in and claim no need to be haughty. What is the deal here?

I can't recall that conversation. No idea how old you are or if/that he's German.

I try to consider the source and ignore it if it bothers me.

Rather than encourage it?

Thus my pissing contest remark.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cezero is back!!!

Who you got in the finals? I'm leaning towards Cilic

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And :wtf2: are you talking about? He claims I do not know anything about tennis and he mentions the name "Colic" twice in separate posts and you think it is "silly pissing contest?" GTFOH.

Maybe Colic was his "joke"?

Done intentionally.

Trust me, it's a silly pissing contest.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So am I. His serve has gotten so much better. It is actually a bit scary that he gets that many free points now. He will be tough to beat.

Kei has gotten back to where he was before the injury. He was beating everyone so I am not surprised he made it. BH down the line is the most effective shot in Men's tennis because there are so many baseline bashers who do nothing but sit in their own corner and hit inside out FHs that anyone who can hit an effective BH down the line wins points easily.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Earlier this year, I called Nishikori a "a legitimate threat to win a major this year." I'm sticking with it. Kei wins the match in 4.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cezero is back!!!

I think so, too.

Barring one of them having terrible nerves, I'm betting it will be close match.

Cilic has the weapons to hit through Kei, but it will take incredible execution on his part. I'd say maybe 55/45 in favor of Cilic.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So am I. His serve has gotten so much better. It is actually a bit scary that he gets that many free points now. He will be tough to beat.

Kei has gotten back to where he was before the injury. He was beating everyone so I am not surprised he made it. BH down the line is the most effective shot in Men's tennis because there are so many baseline bashers who do nothing but sit in their own corner and hit inside out FHs that anyone who can hit an effective BH down the line wins points easily.

:agree: If he serves the way he did against Federer he has more than a decent chance of winning. Kei however has gotten so much better with Michael Chan. If they both play to their capabilities baring any nerves, this is going to be a dandy.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Colic was his "joke"?

Done intentionally.

Trust me, it's a silly pissing contest.

Why should I trust what you say? You responded in post # 496 to his haughty and condescending response to mine, but you gave him a pass. He claims teaching me tennis is like teaching someone in a kindergarten who needs to go potty. Your defensive post that he may be joking is just ridiculous. To Hs0022, every tennis player except Federer is doping.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cilic can overpower Nishi if he plays like the last couple of matches. Plus Nishi is bound to be exhausted after two back to back five setters and a four setter. Too many times I have seen a finalist come out real flat after arduous tasks he had to perform in earlier rounds.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brad Gilbert & Pat McEnroe made good points tonight on why they favor Nishikori.

As they said Cilic will need a great service game in order to beat Kei because if they get into rallies, Kei is the better player.

Also Kei has won 5 of their last 6 meetings.

Both guys had Kei in 4

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think both deserve their own blimp commentary booth. They earned it.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw wtf is wrong with wozniacki? I get it that she and Serena are really good friends but I'm sorry I'm not going out with you celebrating your title after you kicked my ass earlier in the day. Give me a few days to get over it and we can hang out. I never seen Venus do anything that dumb after losing to Serena and that's her sister

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why should I trust what you say? You responded in post # 496 to his haughty and condescending response to mine, but you gave him a pass. He claims teaching me tennis is like teaching someone in a kindergarten who needs to go potty. Your defensive post that he may be joking is just ridiculous. To Hs0022, every tennis player except Federer is doping.

I really don't care if you trust me or not.

As for the use of Colic which is what I was referring to as his joke, it would be like somebody referring to a Tony Romo as Tony Homo.

Done intentionally and while not necessarily funny, it is felt to be by the person saying it, like using Colic.

You take yourself way too seriously.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw wtf is wrong with wozniacki? I get it that she and Serena are really good friends but I'm sorry I'm not going out with you celebrating your title after you kicked my ass earlier in the day. Give me a few days to get over it and we can hang out. I never seen Venus do anything that dumb after losing to Serena and that's her sister

I think she's just genuinely nice. Hard to find them these days but I think she just is.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't care if you trust me or not.

As for the use of Colic which is what I was referring to as his joke, it would be like somebody referring to a Tony Romo as Tony Homo.

Done intentionally and while not necessarily funny, it is felt to be by the person saying it, like using Colic.

You take yourself way too seriously.

He is immature and shows it to the world through his posts. I still find him somewhat endearing because his foolishness has a unique blend of naiveness or naivety attached to it (like the false tail of a gecko).

I think he will come around once he quits his shell gasoline guzzling ways.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is immature and shows it to the world through his posts.

I don't know about that but if you bother him so much he could easily ignore you. Or simply not rise to your baiting. I think this forum even has an ignore feature.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about that but if you bother him so much he could easily ignore you. Or simply not rise to your baiting. I think this forum even has an ignore feature.

That would most certainly take the fun out of posting here but I am more a tennis fan than a bait fan so I would continue to post here anyway.:suds:

I frankly dunno where he gets that I am a German bit but I am certainly enjoying the confusion. Hehe he tends to think inside a box which makes him more endearing. I vudn't be surprised I his paranoid mind found a German accent in my Posts. Lol

Last edited by a moderator: