• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Daily Thread: The Unofficial Official MLB Opening Day 2018 countdown

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So every single Fangraphs writer projects the Yankees to make the playoffs.

Why does that fill me with a sense of dread?

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You remember a month or so ago when @yoga≈surfing was trying to convince us that today was zero days to opening day because of the Pacific Time Zone?

Good times.

Young-Jack-Nicholson-Cant-Stop-Laughing-Facepalm.gif
In Australia the Marlins have already been eliminated from the playoffs

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So every single Fangraphs writer projects the Yankees to make the playoffs.

Why does that fill me with a sense of dread?

Not everyone does (though your point still stands). The Nats and Astros have more playoff picks than the Yanks at 40 apiece. One guy has the Red Sox winning the division with the Athletics and Angels winning both Wild Cards. That's an interesting scenario. I do think the A's are a dark horse team though, I really like Chapman and Olson and they could have a good assembly of position players. Their OF looks pretty blah. The pitching is a bit iffy and unproven, but I think the rotation has the potential to be above average. The Cotton injury sucks.

I'd be shocked if the Yanks miss the playoffs. Even if the rotation disappoints, I still think the bullpen and offense get them at least 88 wins and that should be enough for a WC. I know there's no such thing as a lock on Opening Day, but I think we'll see at least 5 of last year's 6 division winners repeat.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not everyone does (though your point still stands). The Nats and Astros have more playoff picks than the Yanks at 40 apiece. One guy has the Red Sox winning the division with the Athletics and Angels winning both Wild Cards. That's an interesting scenario. I do think the A's are a dark horse team though, I really like Chapman and Olson and they could have a good assembly of position players. Their OF looks pretty blah. The pitching is a bit iffy and unproven, but I think the rotation has the potential to be above average. The Cotton injury sucks.

I'd be shocked if the Yanks miss the playoffs. Even if the rotation disappoints, I still think the bullpen and offense get them at least 88 wins and that should be enough for a WC. I know there's no such thing as a lock on Opening Day, but I think we'll see at least 5 of last year's 6 division winners repeat.

I missed Ryan Pollack!

I feel oddly better now.

:)