• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The "unofficial" official "Did you know..." thread

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully this thread can be used to post things (facts/information) that members find interesting and doubt many members would know. Sometimes it will be and sometimes it won't. Sometimes it will be interesting to some and not to others. Feel free to post anything related to football. I don't want to call it a posting of fun facts but it kind of is.

I hope all will keep sarcasm to a minimum and if something seems ridiculous to you, instead of posting negative comments post something you find interesting! I got the idea when I realized I would read things on other threads by fans of other schools that posted information that kind of blew me away. For example: I learned Oklahoma has dominated some of the teams in the Big 12 to the point that a particular team had only beat them like once! My gosh, even Vandy has beaten Alabama 18 times. I think Baylor's win over Oklahoma this year was only their second all time. If someone (probably OU fan) thought that was interesting and people didn't know that they could post something like:

Did you know Baylor had only beaten Oklahoma once all time until last year?

I also hope people will post some of the "stuff" in here that they start threads about. Many things that are really not thread material. This is your thread, have fun with it, and we will see if it takes off or fizzles?

Last edited by a moderator:

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to start anything with our fellow lovely rival Auburn :whistle: but:

Did you know that in this great rivalry, that gives Alabama a slight edge of 25 wins to 20 since 1970, Auburn has not beaten Alabama by more than 10 points in that stretch?

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Auburn these just happen to be a few things I have found interesting when I learned of them and caught me off guard but:

Did you know, that this year, Auburn was trying to win back to back 10 plus win seasons for only the second time in school history? :pound:

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you know that Alabama's PR department in the early 80's did some research and changed the number of National Championships Alabama had?

Did you know most Alabama fans have no problem with this EXCEPT for the 1941 one?

Alabama fans find it ridiculous we claim it! If you go by the post 1936(when AP poll and polls in general started) the experts (non Alabama bias) give Alabama credit for 10 which is still more than all others. Where the others come from is pre 1936 that I don't think most fans would have problems their school claiming. I doubt many would have problems if their school gave them credit for facts like:

1925 10-0 with Rose Bowl win over Washington
1926 9-0 than a tie with Stanford 7-7 in Rose Bowl to finish 9-0-1
1930 10-0 with Rose Bowl win over Washington St.
1934 10-0 with Rose Bowl win over Stanford

I just don't see why those players, just because pre-poll shouldn't get the credit. And now you know where Alabama gets some of those NC's many joke about! :nod:

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you know Alabama has had its share of stolen Championships too?

In 1966, after winning back to back National Championships in 1964 and 1965, they started the year #1 had a close win, and was jumped by Notre Dame and Michigan St. Alabama never lost and ND and MSU tied in their bowl game against each other and even though they were the only undefeated team they finished 3rd~

tech_iceman

#winning
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you know that, despite his terrible conference record, Kliff Kingsbury is real young and looks a little bit like Ryan Gosling

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you know Michigan State claims 6 NCs?

Even in years where they lost the Rose Bowl, still claim NC

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but I am an Alabama fan so most "stuff" is about them!

Did you know in 1977 #3 Alabama, who was #2 until jumped by OU in last regular season poll, when OU beat Nebraska and Bama beat Auburn, beat #6 ranked Ohio St 35-6 in Sugar Bowl while Notre Dame beat #1 Texas 35-10 in Cotton Bowl. Although the only team in front of Alabama, Oklahoma lost to Arkansas, Notre Dame jumped them all the way from #5?

_ _ it happens... even to Bama!

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you know Michigan State claims 6 NCs?

Even in years where they lost the Rose Bowl, still claim NC

I did not know they claimed that many. I guess their fans are quieter than us Bammers? lol I bet some of those are by a very respected UPI poll (AP and UPI were considered top polls at the time) that crowned their champion before the bowl games, saying the bowl game was for fun and not as representative as the regular season. We have now come to laugh at that as we have the AP poll then the Bowl Alliance then the BCS and probably the "only" 4 team CFB playoff... eventually.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you know I really really really want to play Oregon in this years CFB playoff?

Not because I think we can win or not because I think it would be easier. It is the one thing that would change the perception of Alabama's weakness, right or wrong. Plus it would be a damn interesting match up and one I think most the country wants to see. It would also throw Oregon into another perception level if they won!

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you know I really really really hate(dislike) Jameus Winston, and his hometown of Hueytown, is taking down any all all things Winston?

Not trying to dominate this thread, just want everyone to realize you can post any type thought, fact, stat, whatever in the form of Did you know...?

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Auburn these just happen to be a few things I have found interesting when I learned of them and caught me off guard but:

Did you know, that this year, Auburn was trying to win back to back 10 plus win seasons for only the second time in school history? :pound:

A normal season for the Barn is usually 7-5 or 8-4. Every 4 or 5 years they will step up and compete for an SEC title. But talking to AuBarn fans they act like they have 10 win seasons all the fuckin time.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you know I really really really want to play Oregon in this years CFB playoff?

Not because I think we can win or not because I think it would be easier. It is the one thing that would change the perception of Alabama's weakness, right or wrong. Plus it would be a damn interesting match up and one I think most the country wants to see. It would also throw Oregon into another perception level if they won!

I don't think we will get to play Oregon. Only way Oregon wins is if they get up by 2TDs and don't let up. If its a close game FSU will win.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we will get to play Oregon. Only way Oregon wins is if they get up by 2TDs and don't let up. If its a close game FSU will win.

That's why I said really several times because I think it will be difficult but lets make sure we do our part by winning our game which...

Did you know I really really really think we beat Ohio St comfortably as long as we don't do stupid things?

I am concerned we are in the -1 category in turnover margin. Usually very difficult to get this far with that type stat!

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you know that Ole Miss sucks donkey sperm?

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you know in 1983 Oregon and Oregon State played the last NCAA DI 0-0 tie?