• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Trey Burke Thread

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really starting to like this guy, not that I didn't before. I just haven't had much time to watch college basketball or the off-season games to get to know him.

Nuraman will know, but I want a PG who is like a QB - field general. In the last three games I've watched, he's done this. We do swing the ball a lot compared to the Stockton days, but I SEE PLAYERS LOOKING TO GET HIM THE BALL! I haven't seen that for awhile. I love having a PG! He passes well, sees the court, and can shoot (though he will/needs to improve over time). I'm comfortable with his shot selection. I want assists, but I think he's doing that.

Don't ask me about defense. I just know he's short, so maybe he isn't as good? I've had so little time that I've fast-forwarded past the defense. Just watched our offense or plays the broadcast highlights. I know, a sin.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really starting to like this guy, not that I didn't before. I just haven't had much time to watch college basketball or the off-season games to get to know him.

Nuraman will know, but I want a PG who is like a QB - field general. In the last three games I've watched, he's done this. We do swing the ball a lot compared to the Stockton days, but I SEE PLAYERS LOOKING TO GET HIM THE BALL! I haven't seen that for awhile. I love having a PG! He passes well, sees the court, and can shoot (though he will/needs to improve over time). I'm comfortable with his shot selection. I want assists, but I think he's doing that.

Don't ask me about defense. I just know he's short, so maybe he isn't as good? I've had so little time that I've fast-forwarded past the defense. Just watched our offense or plays the broadcast highlights. I know, a sin.

His assist averages won't be as high as a PG who holds onto the ball a lot longer, during a possession, but it's because they are trying to move the ball to any player right now, and his decision-making in figuring out who can break down the opposing defense and create something, even when he himself can't, is decent.

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Limited sample size, but on defense he seems to stay in front of his man better than any Jazz PG in recent memory.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Limited sample size, but on defense he seems to stay in front of his man better than any Jazz PG in recent memory.

Tinsley would do the Steve Urkel.

"I'm Falling and I can't get up!"

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could cover for Stockton eventually but who will assume the mantle of the great Mailman? That's your problem in a nutshell.

Utah has got to get him somebody dependable to get the ball to. Hayward is a start but you need a great PF or C to go with him.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boozer did.

Favors might be even better defensively individually than Malone, if he can consistently stay on the floor. His offense won't come close though, nor come close to Boozer's. Maybe Favors compares more to Mark Eaton offensively? Not sure, didn't watch Eaton.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah needs somebody who can score in the paint. They are weak in the paint. That's why they suck right now.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah needs somebody who can score in the paint. They are weak in the paint. That's why they suck right now.

That's funny because when we had Al Jefferson and Paul Millsap and a few years around that, it seemed like this team was all shooting guards and power forwards. No real centers or point guards. Three headed point guards (PG by committee) don't count. Power forwards playing center didn't make a center.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's funny because when we had Al Jefferson and Paul Millsap and a few years around that, it seemed like this team was all shooting guards and power forwards. No real centers or point guards. Three headed point guards (PG by committee) don't count. Power forwards playing center didn't make a center.

Jefferson and Millsap are above average players which will give you an above average team only.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burke seems to be decent at a little bit of everything.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jefferson and Millsap are above average players which will give you an above average team only.

No argument here... ahh, those were the days... above average was our hope. Just kidding, things have to be looking up from here, right? I'm sure the Falcons are believing that and more will come next year.

Last edited by a moderator:

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No argument here... ahh, those were the days... above average was our hope. Just kidding, things have to be looking up from here, right? I'm sure the Falcons are believing that and more will come next year.

Falcons? Never in their history have they ever realized that games are won in the trenches. Hence, no Superbowl wins and only 1 appearance.

Millsap is above average, which is why the Hawks signed him. The Hawks won't pay the big bucks to anybody so we will always wallow in mediocrity at least until the Atlanta Spirit ever sells the team.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to pick Atlanta for Horford in NBA 2K12. However, a few months later, I downloaded a patch, which included some trades and player adjustments. Horford wasn't as good.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to pick Atlanta for Horford in NBA 2K12. However, a few months later, I downloaded a patch, which included some trades and player adjustments. Horford wasn't as good.

He's not as good as he is cracked up to be. Above average good but not very good. He does find himself carrying the team more often than you think, though.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not as good as he is cracked up to be. Above average good but not very good. He does find himself carrying the team more often than you think, though.

I like watching his defense. Very good positional defender, he reads plays well and gets to the right spot.

He has a good midrange jumper.

Not as good in the paint. He'll have random decent scoring nights in there, but I don't think he can consistently do it. Also his moves look a little too slow.

I've been meaning to watch Teague this year, haven't done so yet. During the Boston series in 2012, I didn't think his leadership and maturity were as close to Rondo's level, despite being a decent player. He seemed to make a few wrong decisions at the wrong time. Rondo seemed to be a little better still in most aspects.

His stats look better this year, so I'm curious to see if he's taken that next step.

Semi OT, but I never thought Conley Jr. would be a good starting PG his first few years, but he's impressed me the last 3 years. I wonder if Teague will have similarly taken those next steps.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Jazz are a surprising 12th in PIP.

NBA Stats - NBA Team Points in Paint per Game on TeamRankings.com

The are 30th in opponents PIP, LOL.

NBA Stats - NBA Team Opponent Points in Paint per Game on TeamRankings.com

That sounds right. I keep seeing opposing teams get quick looks in the paint, 5-6 seconds after crossing halfcourt. Just one drive and they're right there. Or the drive sets up an easy pass for someone else.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like watching his defense. Very good positional defender, he reads plays well and gets to the right spot.

He has a good midrange jumper.

Not as good in the paint. He'll have random decent scoring nights in there, but I don't think he can consistently do it. Also his moves look a little too slow.

I've been meaning to watch Teague this year, haven't done so yet. During the Boston series in 2012, I didn't think his leadership and maturity were as close to Rondo's level, despite being a decent player. He seemed to make a few wrong decisions at the wrong time. Rondo seemed to be a little better still in most aspects.

His stats look better this year, so I'm curious to see if he's taken that next step.

Semi OT, but I never thought Conley Jr. would be a good starting PG his first few years, but he's impressed me the last 3 years. I wonder if Teague will have similarly taken those next steps.

Teague has improved tremendously. He drives and dishes the ball very well. But

Coach Bud has brought the Spurs' offense to Atlanta and it is mildly working. The Hawks are not a good outside shooting team, especially beyond the 3-pt line. Korver is good but his average is not good. A team must shoot well from the outside for the Spurs offense to work effectively.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teague has improved tremendously. He drives and dishes the ball very well. But

Coach Bud has brought the Spurs' offense to Atlanta and it is mildly working. The Hawks are not a good outside shooting team, especially beyond the 3-pt line. Korver is good but his average is not good. A team must shoot well from the outside for the Spurs offense to work effectively.

Thanks.

Sackataters

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
30 points, 8 assists ... a tremendous bounceback after Miami. And, he brings rebounding to the position too - something we haven't seen in awhile. The game against Orlando was terrific.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Play the point, Trey! Tonight looked like he was trying to get his shot and when he started missing, he lost his confidence. Instead of going back to being a PG (not a SG), he was out of it. Just my impressions, may be wrong. I am, after all, biasedly hoping for a pass first, assist getting point guard. Even without the assists, distributing the ball helps. "I want to be like John." Field General.