• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The traveling Cup Circus

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been following the travels of the Stanley Cup so far this summer. And I know that the players get 24 hours with it. However what is surprising is that none of them have thought to bring the Cup to LA for the fans of the team to enjoy.
I would drive out from AZ to see it. If they set something up to where we could donate money and take a picture with it and a player.
I just wonder why no one has thought of this?

ouendan1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure there are plenty of plans in place for fans to check out the SC in LA once all the players have had it.

Unfortunately Matt Greeene (who's from Grand Ledge Michigan, about 10 minutes from where I currently live) is NOT bringing the cup here. He's taking it to his Alma Mater Univ. of North Dakota. That puts my only hope as Alec Martinez who's from Rochester Hills (closer to Detroit)

laikaloco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it made a lot of rounds in the LA area immediately following the Kings' victory.

As for me, Justin Williams is once again bringing it to the Jersey shore, with a public viewing event at Caesars Atlantic City Friday July 18th. Of course I'll be there...

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm waiting for the executives to get their day like I did in 2012. Jack Feirerra lives in Riverside, about 30 miles east of me, and had a private party/public viewing of the Cup in September 2012 at a restaurant he likes.

I went and not only crashed the party a bit but also got to touch the Cup and get pictures with my kids and stuff, things I most likely would not be able to do if a player had it. Just going to wait until then.

OT: surprised to hear he lived in the IE, that is quite a ways from Staples Center, not to mention most of the IE is not as attractive as OC or LA.

histkng23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I was literally shocked to find out Jack lived in Riverside and supposedly frequents the Italian restaurant that hosted the cup back in 2012. Because nobody CHOOSES to live in Riverside!! I can say this because I live in Riverside, and if I had my way I'd be out of here in a shot!

But any way, I too attended the Cup viewing that Jack had in Riverside in 2012. My wife, daughter & I stood in line for a couple hours in 95+ degree heat, as it was Labor Day weekend if I recall. Was able to get a picture with the cup, and it was my second viewing of the cup. Was fortunate to be able to go to the Hockey Hall of Fame on a trip to Niagra Falls five years ago. The gentleman that was there explained to those of us that were able take pictures with the cup that there are actually 2 cups. The first one is the one that gets handed to the victorious team on the ice and travels to each team members respective Day With The Cup. The second one is the one that stays in the Hall year round.

But am hoping that Jack hosts another viewing at that same restaurant this summer. Since I am at that shopping center occassionaly, I've always been curious to bump into him one day just to have a hockey/Kings conversation with.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude I had a drink with him and crashed his party for about 15 minutes. Super nice guy.

Neckerside as I call it has its spots but overall it's a dump. We lived in Corona for about 9 months while this house was being renovated for our move in from June 2010 to March 2011 and I absolutely hated that commute into OC for work. Add in the 50/50 joint custody I have of the girls in Cypress and the drive was miserable. I used Fastrak but the bill sucked.

Credit to the kids, Mrs. Puck was preggo with #4 and the other 3 were decked out in Kings jerseys, my youngest daughter had Kings colored hair ties even in. The brother who was the security guard loved the kids, he got to know them real well because of the 4000 bathroom trips we had to make in the restaurant while waiting for in line. We started talking a few times and eventually he said "just go on in, I didn't see it" sort of thing.

Hopefully he does it again, aside from the heat it was a great time and a lot better experience getting close to the Cup than the thousands of others had earlier in the day when it was in Ontario at Citizens Arena.

We got like 10 pictures alone, people in Ontario got literally like 10 seconds and 1 picture and shuffled along.

Last edited by a moderator:

histkng23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I grew up in Diamond Bore, then lived in Tustin Ranch & Costa Mesa when I met my now wife. She grew up & lived in Riverside, and slowly pulled me out here. We first had a place in Corona for a year, and yeah that 91 fwy into OC is the absolute worst commute on earth! Guess they are talking about extending the Fastrak all the way to the 15, which might actually make it worthwhile if the do.

Forgot what our schedule was that weekend, but we didn't hear about the cup being there until late, so that made it seem like we got pinched in at the end. I just remember someone making an announcement that the cup would be leaving soon, and we were still like 20th in line. But if they do it again, I'll be a little more dialed in this time for sure!

I have no doubt that Jack would be a nice guy & very approachable, as it seems the overwhelming majorty of people in hockey that I have met have been very gracious and welcoming. More than any other sport by a long shot! But since Jack is in management, and has been a GM before (even though it was for the Ducks), I'd be interested to just pick his brain about some of the nuances of the game. Maybe I'll have to mention that I "know" Puck from the message boards & have read countless stories of his to where they'll just open the gates for me, huh?

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I grew up in Diamond Bore, then lived in Tustin Ranch & Costa Mesa when I met my now wife. She grew up & lived in Riverside, and slowly pulled me out here. We first had a place in Corona for a year, and yeah that 91 fwy into OC is the absolute worst commute on earth! Guess they are talking about extending the Fastrak all the way to the 15, which might actually make it worthwhile if the do.

I miss living at the beach, we have been down there a lot the last few weeks in Corona del Mar since Mrs. Puck signed up for a volleyball course for 3 months. She's built for it, she is 6'1" but doesn't have an athletic bone in her body, she looks like a clumsy gazelle out there. Secretly I laugh inside but support her nonetheless. It's a chore because we head out about 9:30 and don't come home until about 3:30pm, plus I have all the kids stag while she is in her class but being there again reminds me of what I consider home, Huntington Beach.

Having a gaggle of kids is what made me leave the area (great place if you're single like I was, me and 3 buddies rented a tri-level house about a half mile from the beach and it was a parade of women coming in and out of my house for years not to mention the countless parties and debauchery I committed. But you gotta grow up) and move back into my teenage year home in Yorba Linda, its a super safe, low crime, good school area and I'm fortunate that my dad left this house to me when he passed away.

No way I could afford to live in this house if it weren't for him and the plan is to grow the kids up here and move back to the beach in 15-20 years or so. I miss surfing at 5am and just floating in the water watching the sun rise. Her aunt had a vacated house in Corona off Ontario/Fullerton so we stayed there while this house had new stuff put in in 2011.

But with that also comes the inbound/outbound IE traffic. We are off Gypsum Canyon, so we get hit the hardest- last exit in OC and the entrance into the canyon, not to mention people clog up La Palma getting on at Gypsum over the bridge. I don't even bother going past Weir most days unless I read traffic well and get off at Imperial and take La Palma all the way to the end and up the hill. Thursday evening and Friday evening is the worst I have noticed.

Tell that wife of yours to suck it and move back to familiar territory. If you're on your way home sometime and just need a breather, mi casa es su casa.

Forgot what our schedule was that weekend, but we didn't hear about the cup being there until late, so that made it seem like we got pinched in at the end. I just remember someone making an announcement that the cup would be leaving soon, and we were still like 20th in line. But if they do it again, I'll be a little more dialed in this time for sure!

Same with us, I heard of it the Friday before and rearranged a bunch of stuff to make the Saturday showing.

I have no doubt that Jack would be a nice guy & very approachable, as it seems the overwhelming majorty of people in hockey that I have met have been very gracious and welcoming. More than any other sport by a long shot! But since Jack is in management, and has been a GM before (even though it was for the Ducks), I'd be interested to just pick his brain about some of the nuances of the game. Maybe I'll have to mention that I "know" Puck from the message boards & have read countless stories of his to where they'll just open the gates for me, huh?

Yeah, don't. Probably not a good idea.

=)~~

I told him about the Hot Dog Toss and how dead serious I was if I didn't have a court appearance the very next day and he could not stop laughing. He said Modry was a great guy but not one of the better players to come through LA, totally justified what I have felt about him since 1996.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was the best picture we got that day - unfortunately I got ixnayed out for the most part:

library

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick 91 freeway update, went to a wedding reception Saturday and it took me 1:07 to get from our house in YL to Temecula off the 15 at Winchester Road, about 45 miles.

It was at 2pm and I left at 1:19 from the Target in Anaheim Hills for a card and gift card and didn't arrive until 2:26pm. I missed a brief ceremony and walked in on my buddy and his wife dancing, I was embarrassed. It took me 1:12 to get back home.

That 91 has no mercy no matter what day it is really. I wish this freeway would die and with everything going on in terms of construction and such I actually expect it to get worse in the next few years. I detest traveling it.

histkng23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I learned when I was working down in OC, that Fridays & Saturdays were clearly the worst heading east on the 91. I used to work for an investment firm down in Laguna Hills, and would have to be at the office on Saturdays by 8am, and then would head home by 1pm. No matter what, I'd hit a wall of cars and be stuck driving 10mph or stop & go from just past Imperial Hwy all the way out to the 15. Once there, it was like everyone vanished off the freeway & it would be smooth sailing the rest of the way into Riversippi. Did that for 2 years, before I finally realized to just go up the 57 to the 60 & take that home. It may have added 10 miles, but I'd get home 45 minutes sooner!! But yeah, Saturdays sucked worse for some reason, because it was like that ALL DAY LONG!!! No matter if it was late morning or 9pm, the 91 would STILL be just a parking lot out to the 15. Problem is there is no real plans to add lanes, or a whole other freeway heading out there from OC, so we're screwed!

laikaloco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back on the subject, I had my day with the Cup today. Those on my facebook page will see the pix in a day or two.

:yahoo:

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bastardo.

=)~~

Stevens had the Cup in Jersey, right? Or did Richards and Carter parade it around for the second time in Bobby Boy and the Flyers' face?

Deader2818

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stevens had it on Thursday. Williams had it on Friday in NJ as well and he had it again today in Canada.

Sadly I wasn't able to get out of work so I was unable to go.