• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Trade for Butler

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since I'm such an offensive poster, I'll leave.

CD you can provide Patriots information and updates from here on since your so well connected.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since I'm such an offensive poster, I'll leave.

CD you can provide Patriots information and updates from here on since your so well connected.

Not what I said at all. I said on the Bronco board that you have had times of coming and trolling and that is not what we are about. I appreciate the football info you post on here. Some of the ideas yes lean very heavily towards the Patriots but hey we all get a little homerish about our team.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well considering you have come on with some pretty crazy out there ideas can you really blame me for thinking you really thought the 49ers would give up the #2 overall pick? I do apologize for not realizing that was just a thrown out there idea. And we welcome you on the Bronco board any time. The problem is you come on just to try and rial people up by calling our team cheaters or saying our players are trash. Big difference between coming in to have an actual football conversation and saying "Aqib Talib is a trash player that shouldn't be in the league." You don't come to team boards and say things like that when you want to have an actual football conversation.

Both you guys are great posters - some of the best on SportsHoopla. You have completely different styles and root for rival teams. I have no problem going to the Broncos board and disagreeing - maybe even starting an argument.
I don't expect a lot of agreement. CD, you are welcome here - just don't expect agreement.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both you guys are great posters - some of the best on SportsHoopla. You have completely different styles and root for rival teams. I have no problem going to the Broncos board and disagreeing - maybe even starting an argument.
I don't expect a lot of agreement. CD, you are welcome here - just don't expect agreement.

Oh I don't expect agreement at all. In fact I appreciate differing opinions. Never get any better by only listening to like minded people in life. And like I said I and others at the Bronco board have no problem with rival fans coming to the board. In fact we love when they do. Coming on our board and saying things like "Broncos winning today only proves the NFL is rigged" after we win a game and are celebrating as fans though not exactly what we are looking for on a team board. Not even sure why a Pats fan would say that since they have won 2 of the last 3 Super Bowls so that would mean the NFL loves the Pats and continue to rig it for them to have success. You guys should be loving Goodell if that was the case.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Butler many be staying. Great news.

Malcolm needs to swallow his pride and side the deal and play his ass off this year.

The Pats can't franchise two people. He could still make out like a bandit next year.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saints said outright that they will NOT give Butler an offer sheet. They will not part with the #11 pick in this year's draft. They will trade for him. The #32 is not enough for Butler and that's part of the reason that the Patriots will not deal him to the Saints for their own pick. If you listen carefully to how all of this breaking down, the Patriots are saying that trading Butler for Cooks was a definite NO. The Saints may be kicking tires, but they're not offering enough for the car. Don't get a Lincoln on a Ford Focus budget.

Right now the Patriots hold all the cards. Either sign the tender and play for $3.91M or sit out and get nothing.

According to Boston media people, his agent is in way over his head. He shit on the Patriots and was told he best start backtracking and apologize because Belichick would refuse and deal just to spite him. So he's trying to apologize and look like the big man on campus at the same time. Now some former Patriots are offering him advice. Mayo told him to spend $500,000 on a $50M insurance policy. Bruschi is telling him to get a new agent, like Drew Rosenhouse and get a contract for the next 5 years.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious if the Saints would give up a 2nd rd pick and one of their LB? They have a few of them. NO could be in a nice position if the drafted a CB at 11 and were able to get Butler for a 2nd rd pick. They would instantly be better at the CB spot this yr. NE gets a 2nd and some depth at the LB spot.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole thing has become a he said/she said soap opera. From everything I've been hearing the past several days, the Patriots would much rather keep Butler than trade him. Now that the Saints have said publicly that they will not give #11, they've pretty much painted Butler into a corner.

If the Patriots are serious about keeping Butler and Butler really wants out of New England, he's going to have to get someone to give him an offer sheet with a big payday and be willing to give up their 2017 first round pick. Or he has to get that team work out a deal with BB and make it worth giving up Butler.

More and more, the media guys up here are beginning to think that the Saints and Pats are no longer in agreement about a potential trade. They seem to be making a lot of sense. If the deal was done, there would be nothing coming out of either team. The Saints appear to be trying to get the N.O. media behind the trade and if necessary, give up #11 if the Pats dig in their heels. The Pats did the Saints a favor taking Cooks off their hands and opening up cap space and now the Saints appear to be reluctant about returning the favor.

Right now it's about 65%/35% that Butler will be playing in New England in 2017 and not New Orleans.

ohiopatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is still time to work a trade for Butler but the probability is getting smaller every day. Ditto a Garoppolo trade which, out here in Brown country, is being called all but dead. Keeping both starters makes sense if the Pats are planning to go hard for another ring in 2018 and, as is rumored, Brady is considering retirement after the upcoming season comes to a close. It is known that Giselle has pressed TB to retire and he might just do that, albeit talk of another 5-7 years. I for one am in favor of TB hanging up his cleats. I don't want to see him like so many other top QB's trying to eke out "one more season". I remember Joe Namath, John Hadl and Johnny Unitas in their last year and the picture of YA Tittle with blood trickling down his forehead is a classic. Better to retire one year too early than one year too late.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saints said outright that they will NOT give Butler an offer sheet. They will not part with the #11 pick in this year's draft. They will trade for him. The #32 is not enough for Butler and that's part of the reason that the Patriots will not deal him to the Saints for their own pick. If you listen carefully to how all of this breaking down, the Patriots are saying that trading Butler for Cooks was a definite NO. The Saints may be kicking tires, but they're not offering enough for the car. Don't get a Lincoln on a Ford Focus budget.

Right now the Patriots hold all the cards. Either sign the tender and play for $3.91M or sit out and get nothing.

According to Boston media people, his agent is in way over his head. He shit on the Patriots and was told he best start backtracking and apologize because Belichick would refuse and deal just to spite him. So he's trying to apologize and look like the big man on campus at the same time. Now some former Patriots are offering him advice. Mayo told him to spend $500,000 on a $50M insurance policy. Bruschi is telling him to get a new agent, like Drew Rosenhouse and get a contract for the next 5 years.

Good advice but that is only for a career ending injury.

Butler should sign and play his ass off. He'll get paid. Just not this year.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good advice but that is only for a career ending injury.

Butler should sign and play his ass off. He'll get paid. Just not this year.

He made like $0.6 mil last year and is due $3.9 mil this year.

That is a hell of a raise.

650%.

He needs to show he'll honor his contract and then he'll get paid.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He made like $0.6 mil last year and is due $3.9 mil this year.

That is a hell of a raise.

650%.

He needs to show he'll honor his contract and then he'll get paid.

Not compared to what Gilmore got.

He should cough up the 1/2 million or so for a solid insurance policy though.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offer sheet is a poison pill for the team offering it. At least in Butler's case. Right now he's looking for Gilmore money. That's 5 years, $65M with $30M guaranteed and give up the team's first round pick.

One un-named GM said that his team had no interest in a CB or any other player who was demanding a contract
two years prior to his present contract being completed. He may 'think' he's worth more than he's being paid but the reality is that he's still under the league and union rules. This GM said that he should play for the tender and then test the market unless the Pats decide to franchise him. He said he would then be paid what the top CBs are being paid.

The facts are really pretty straight. The Pats can decide to keep him under the tender and he can sign it or sit out. Next year and 2019 the patriots can franchise him. So the truth is that the Patriots can control him until he's 31.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One un-named GM said that his team had no interest in a CB or any other player who was demanding a contract
two years prior to his present contract being completed. He may 'think' he's worth more than he's being paid but the reality is that he's still under the league and union rules. This GM said that he should play for the tender and then test the market unless the Pats decide to franchise him. He said he would then be paid what the top CBs are being paid.

That's my point.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have pretty much stopped thinking about this. Nothing can happen till he signs his tender. I never thought for one second that NO, who is cap tight, was going to part ways with #11 and sign him to Gillmore money. They can draft a pretty good Def guy at that spot, and many in NO already believe they has a #1 CB in Breaux. So this made no sense unless it's for a second rd pick, and NE should not take anything less than a 1st. We have also heard MB wants Gillmore money, then we heard he is not looking for that. Then it was MB want's out of NE, then it was he want's to work out a deal. His agent is was over his head and that is an issue. NE has the cap space to pay him if they want too. But...it's not how NE works, and MB needs to realize that.