• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Time has come, he said - to talk of many things

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will the Broncos be better offensively (it would be extremely hard to be worse) and on Special Teams (maybe the Bronco return guy won't just run at the first opponent down field and get tackled)?

The topic I have on mind - is JE's ability to transform a team from one year to the next. He put together the team that went from Tebow to Manning. He transformed a bend - don't break Bronco defense into and aggressive - challenge for the football defense. The transitioned from John Fox - chairman of the Board of Coaches - to Gary Kubiak - control freak coach. Now the Broncos have a player's coach sitting on top an all star group of coaches.

Now the mandate has gone out to - produce a dynamic offense - get better production out of special teams and by the way - develop one out of three prospects to be the starting QB.

The true marvel of John Elway's stewardship is not the patient building blocks of success - but the re-invention of the team in dramatically short periods of time - and being consistently successful while doing it. We live in a very special time period to be Bronco fans.

When you look at the Bronco roster - you have to admit - these Broncos looked to be better in all three phases of a football game over last season.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny you posted this. PFF would seem to agree, in a recent article stating that Denver was most improved over the offseason including the draft, and this was before Jamaal Charles' signing.

It's funny in a way. We all love our Broncos, and want this player or that one, sign this FA or that, and gripe when we don't get the player we want.
We are children, and whine and throw a fit (myself included) when we don't get the cheap toy we want at the checkout line, ignoring the basket after basket full of good or great things Mr. Elway has purchased or soon will.

I do find myself now especially in his last year under contract, just who replaced a man like him? Who do we have on staff or out there to come in and get a Chris Harris or Derrick Wolfe to sign for less than they could elsewhere? Who understands the mentality of a HOF qb, and pressures him to sign here without applying any pressure at all? Who else has the ability to be the boss, and truly appreciate the work and effort required to be an NFL player?

As you said, we truly live in a special time; and maybe too thats what it means to be a Bronco fan. From Orange Crush, to Elway, Shanny, to Tebow, back to Elway, Foxy, Kubes and Manning.

We have lived a charmed life my friends.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you look at the Bronco roster - you have to admit - these Broncos looked to be better in all three phases of a football game over last season.

Funny you posted this. PFF would seem to agree, in a recent article stating that Denver was most improved over the offseason including the draft, and this was before Jamaal Charles' signing.

I can't help but agree: I think the team looks to be in really good shape going into the 2017 season. Granted I do expect some serious growing pains along the way but the Broncos won't be an easy win for ANYONE this year.

I know a few analysts weren't too impressed with their draft or FA signings but when your biggest needs are in the trenches you tend to not make the big headline signings and picks. I think the Broncos very quietly made themselves a much better team in the past two months. The other thing is: while they've shuffled the O-line around quite a bit in the past few years, what we see in 2017 may be 4 of 5 players who are the long term solution (at least 4-5 seasons' worth) on that unit. If they can solidify that unit and let it grow together you're going to see a top-tier offense in Denver again in the not too distant future.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:) as long as you have a Qb that is capable of implementing what your looking for with this " McCoy offense ". Jury is still out if he is on roster. If not, we could very well see repeat of last year. If they do, skies the limit but this division and playoffs will be tough task regardless. It will not surprise me if Denver goes 8-8 or worse, nor will I be shocked if they win div and have deep playoff push either. It all depends on who's behind center and if they fixed O-line issue. Going to be interesting to say least. Joseph will be big factor too.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:) as long as you have a Qb that is capable of implementing what your looking for with this " McCoy offense ". Jury is still out if he is on roster. If not, we could very well see repeat of last year. If they do, skies the limit but this division and playoffs will be tough task regardless. It will not surprise me if Denver goes 8-8 or worse, nor will I be shocked if they win div and have deep playoff push either. It all depends on who's behind center and if they fixed O-line issue. Going to be interesting to say least. Joseph will be big factor too.

That is were I am .

Not sure of were this team is .

I am no fan of letting Wade go . I was mad as hell that wade was fired when Shanahan was hired . I would of paid wade what it would of cost kept him all those years

Just think of how many Rings Alex Gibbs and Wade would have brought this team .............And Shanahan would of still been head Coach

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:) as long as you have a Qb that is capable of implementing what your looking for with this " McCoy offense ". Jury is still out if he is on roster. If not, we could very well see repeat of last year. If they do, skies the limit but this division and playoffs will be tough task regardless.

He is on the roster. And his initials are PL.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My eyes are already on 2018 lol this year for me is growing and establishing an offensive identity. Competing for a playoff berth. Anything beyond that is gravy to me. Maybe I'm a pessimist

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still very nervous about our offense. the OL, the TE position and most important the QB position. I think our future QB might be our 3rd stringer this year. ;)

we upgraded our OL with Leary and Garcia was great the final month of the season, hopefully that carries over.

TE is still a concern. Butt is more for next year, hopefully Derby steps up. Bolles what type of impact will he make right away? I see ups and downs with him to start.

All depends on development.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the check list - to getting better on offense:

1) More help on the Oline - Check
2) Offense designed to be friendlier to the talent. - Check
3) Top Coaches - with records of success - Check
4) Baby QBs with another year of experience over last year - check
5) A slot receiver - who can make dynamic plays - Check
6) Help at RB - check
7) Help at TE - Heuerman, Derby and Butt - check
8) Better field position from Kick/Punt return game - check

I'm not predicting a Super Bowl - or a Divisional championship - but there are a lot of reasons to be optimistic about a better offensive effort.

Elway has a track record of making large transitions very fast. - Check

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My eyes are already on 2018 lol this year for me is growing and establishing an offensive identity. Competing for a playoff berth. Anything beyond that is gravy to me. Maybe I'm a pessimist

Your a realist but, most see it as pessimist :). I think year one of most new staffs are for learning curve.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still very nervous about our offense. the OL, the TE position and most important the QB position. I think our future QB might be our 3rd stringer this year. ;)

we upgraded our OL with Leary and Garcia was great the final month of the season, hopefully that carries over.

TE is still a concern. Butt is more for next year, hopefully Derby steps up. Bolles what type of impact will he make right away? I see ups and downs with him to start.

Like I said, in 2018 draft thread have our biggest needs changed much from this offseason to next April? We still need RB OT TE ILB CB DL. KR/PR and the slot WR might be biggest improvement for 17. .

I expect JE to sign OT this summer.

Jake Butt is a steal IF he stays healthy. I'd still like another JT TE type in Denver.though.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There are a lot of pups on the OL and 'development' may be an epidemic in camp.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Tim Tebow was able to produce in a "McCoy offense", then certainly Lynch, Siemian, etc can do so.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thyink the Broncos have one of the best defenses in the NFL. That alone is reason enough to believe that this team will have some measure of success. Everyone gripes about the QB situation, but I think, and maybe I'm wrong, the QB situation will shake itself out by the third preseason game. Which ever of the QBs starts that game will be the guy who takes the first snap in September.

Personally, from 3000 miles away, I think Simian will take the reins. Lynch looks like he has all of the tools, but he just can't seem to get them out of the box.

I have to admit another thing.......I got really pissed off today reading Jason LaCanfora's predictions on CBS Sports.com today. He totally ignored the Broncos when he made his picks.

I started a thread in the Patriots board....would love to have you guys opinions on who he ignored.

Broncos, Texans, Falcons, Cardinals.............

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Tim Tebow was able to produce in a "McCoy offense", then certainly Lynch, Siemian, etc can do so.
Didn't Denver make playoffs with Tebow at 8-8 ? Not happening in this division this year. Plus you should poke your minds eye out for even mentioning Tebow Walker. :)

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thyink the Broncos have one of the best defenses in the NFL. That alone is reason enough to believe that this team will have some measure of success. Everyone gripes about the QB situation, but I think, and maybe I'm wrong, the QB situation will shake itself out by the third preseason game. Which ever of the QBs starts that game will be the guy who takes the first snap in September.

Personally, from 3000 miles away, I think Simian will take the reins. Lynch looks like he has all of the tools, but he just can't seem to get them out of the box.

I have to admit another thing.......I got really pissed off today reading Jason LaCanfora's predictions on CBS Sports.com today. He totally ignored the Broncos when he made his picks.

I started a thread in the Patriots board....would love to have you guys opinions on who he ignored.

Broncos, Texans, Falcons, Cardinals.............
If Denver doesn't find run game to help Qb and Defense, they shouldn't be considered as a " serious " SB contender. They could end up fighting SD for celled dweller if that doesn't happen.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isaiah McKenzie's nickname at Georgia was The Human Joystick.

He'll be a good returner, but his small stature probably doesn't bode well for longevity.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isaiah McKenzie's nickname at Georgia was The Human Joystick.

He'll be a good returner, but his small stature probably doesn't bode well for longevity.
He might survive as a Db but not a return role aka Trindon Holiway. Unless of course he's smart enough to fair catch, get OB and save his body.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He might survive as a Db but not a return role aka Trindon Holiway. Unless of course he's smart enough to fair catch, get OB and safe his body.

He never played DB at Georgia. He was a slot receiver and return man.

I hope it works out for him. Always like it when players for my college team play for my favorite pro team(Champ Bailey and TD are my two all time favorites), and him being drafted extended UGA's strek to 25 consecutive years of having at least one player drafter.