• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The stay crowd

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim,

I agree with you about BS… I do not believe his teams would have fared any better than Dana's in the Big 12. Especially if his idea to recruit only 17 scholarship players per year would have continued.

One of the biggest problems Dana has had to overcome is the lack of quality depth on this team.

In the BE, the defense averaged playing 66 plays per game. This year, the defense has faced 88 per game. That is a huge difference and takes a toll over the course of the season.

For me, the 2009 Gator Bowl loss was a head scratcher for me… and initiated my doubt of BS's capabilities. A game that looked like a dominant performance early was lost as his team was completely manhandled by a club that had gone 6-6 during the regular season.

It was another embarrassment. WVU ended up dominated in every statistical category.

We saw a trend established that season that continued into the next. His teams could not score in the 2nd half. They had trouble scoring period.

I agree with your assessment… we aren't seeing anything more out of Dana than what we saw with BS.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it will, he needs to fix QB1 to have any chance of staying past next year.

Totally agree, and that's job 1 not just here but all over college football. You can take a BUNCH of teams this year that have had a rough year, place an AJ, A.Murray, Manziel, Bridgewater, Mariota on those teams and they have 3-4 more wins imo, including us. Oline imo is 1A.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohh... I have seen it too. It pisses me off beyond description. I have old friends from Motown who I keep up with on Facebook. They enjoy the losses... as they were BS fans. I think it is disgusting!

I was a BS fan too.

But, I will never understand how you can revel in any loss, and call yourself a fan. They care more about being proven right... or being a cheerleader against the injustice served to BS... than supporting their favorite school and team.
:agree: never was a big fan of BS but I D**N sure never wanted us to lose a game!

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim for me it is not that i cannot take the negative, it is the negative absolute on everything that i can't take....everything that happens is a program ender for some people. We lose a game, "We won't win another for years", or we win a game like Okie St "Oh they were just down we didn't deserve it" those are the fans I have the biggest problem with. Nothing this staff will do or the next one or the next one that will make WVU football cease to exist..we can have down times (like we have had for most of our football history) but damn have some positive about the team you root for every now and then. At the end of the day this is just a game, I stay positive for the most part not because i am a sheep, but because win or lose we get to enjoy this sport in the best country in the world. Thanks to the USMC I have seen people on hard times, they would kill just to be able to waste time watching football win, lose, or draw!

I would rather stay positive then have the death knell ring every Saturday win or lose.