• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The stay crowd

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with their staff.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most of them fall along the same lines as i am thinking...more time and lets see if this team and coach can grow together. It will be hard for him to get to year 5, but I am hoping he does.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, he is and should be on the Hotseat but we CAN'T so anything right now IMO to make the situation any better next year. I think the best move right now is no move, keep em all other than the ones who will prob take another job and roll with it for now because they are right, the recruiting IS pretty good, that HAS to lead to some better days right......right?

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, he is and should be on the Hotseat but we CAN'T so anything right now IMO to make the situation any better next year. I think the best move right now is no move, keep em all other than the ones who will prob take another job and roll with it for now because they are right, the recruiting IS pretty good, that HAS to lead to some better days right......right?

I think it will, he needs to fix QB1 to have any chance of staying past next year.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree QB1 was the big problem this year. another year of Geno and we would have 8+ wins right now.

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Musket did their take on if coach should stay or go...thought it was pretty good.

www.smokingmusket.com/2013/11/20/5124364/west-virginia-mountaineers-football-coach-dana-holgorsen

Whatever is in the best interests of WVU, that's all I care about. In my life, I've have never been witness to a coach who didn't have the requisite ability before becoming a head coach, finding it suddenly, but I will attempt to stay the course, even if it means enduring another season of failure. I warn you all now tho, if the wheels of this program do not begin to venture in a motion that restores dignity to our football program next season, I will be a screaming fool for this guys head! Much of the things people say, even within this articles statements, can be seen as potential positives, but we have no indication that recruiting is anything more than average at this point, and I have not ever seen it improve with losing on the field, nor the tempermental displays of a young head coach as being a drawing factor. 20 years ago, the opportunity to be part of a rebuilding program offered something in the mindset of recruits, but this is today, the really really good kids want it all, right now, not in 4 years. And we can't live in the Big 12 with a roster loaded with New York and Florida players more suited for the SEC and ACC, we have to find even the lower grade 4 star guys in Texas and Oklahoma who understand the complexity of play within this conference, the bragging rights display among their hometowns and friends. It is a connection that we do not yet have and need to develope, losing within the Big 12 does not develope that bravado. We have this mentality that it will come based on our recruiting efforts while a member of the Big East, we can ill afford to maintain that mentality.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree QB1 was the big problem this year. another year of Geno and we would have 8+ wins right now.
:agree:
wihtout a doubt, ...look at the passes we don't complete this season, lots of times the WR is open and we just can't get him the ball. Drops have played a role this year, but not having a QB consistent enough to get them the ball or even near them has killed us.

DH said it perfectly one game, "we ran the same routes as last year, just could not hit the open guy"

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am optimistic. There are times when things look really bad.

But, I do see glimpses of positives too. I think this year's team has been close. While I didn't see the KU game, only Baylor and MD were unwinnable.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim when it comes to sports there is no black and white rules to how kids act these days....you say they want it all right now, but there are teams that are succeeding this year with guys willing to wait...i.e. Baylor, Okie St, Penn ST and so fourth.

That is the funny thing about the coaching profession....there really is no right or wrong way of doing things or a map for success. I think DH is set on how he thinks the program should be built and is sticking to it...he knows what happens if he fails.

Remember 11 SR's will be leaving this team, so some point earlier players we not liking what they were hearing here before.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Musket did their take on if coach should stay or go...thought it was pretty good.

www.smokingmusket.com/2013/11/20/5124364/west-virginia-mountaineers-football-coach-dana-holgorsen

I think thier collective perspective says it all really...and I would underscore the fact that Wv is not or ever has been a consistent top 10 elite program where the expectation of and support of those fan bases is off the charts...

I really don't understand the mentality at all...so if Dana gets fired a new guy comes in and he has even worse win/loss record..what you fire him to after 3 years and hire another guy..and if he does the same fire him to and on and on....just how would that build a college football program...what kid would want to come to a school that acts like that?

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim when it comes to sports there is no black and white rules to how kids act these days....you say they want it all right now, but there are teams that are succeeding this year with guys willing to wait...i.e. Baylor, Okie St, Penn ST and so fourth.

That is the funny thing about the coaching profession....there really is no right or wrong way of doing things or a map for success. I think DH is set on how he thinks the program should be built and is sticking to it...he knows what happens if he fails.

Remember 11 SR's will be leaving this team, so some point earlier players we not liking what they were hearing here before.

I can, and do, respect your comment DCW, but I would ask you, of those teams you so mention here, how many conference championships have they won? How many national championships? I mean of our course is not for those eventual goals, then what was the use in making all these grand changes? I wanted us in the Big 12, even tho I knew full well we did not have the type of players needed to compete early on, maybe it was false hope, but I no less didn't feel we would be quite this bad almost two full seasons into our new journey. I will say, Captain Smith of the Titanic, also thought he was doing the right thing, and we all know what happened there:lol:

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can, and do, respect your comment DCW, but I would ask you, of those teams you so mention here, how many conference championships have they won? How many national championships? I mean of our course is not for those eventual goals, then what was the use in making all these grand changes? I wanted us in the Big 12, even tho I knew full well we did not have the type of players needed to compete early on, maybe it was false hope, but I no less didn't feel we would be quite this bad almost two full seasons into our new journey. I will say, Captain Smith of the Titanic, also thought he was doing the right thing, and we all know what happened there:lol:

Off top of my head I think of the three i mentioned Penn St is the only one with a national title in football, I believe they have two.

We both want the same thing, just think diffrently on they way we are trying to get there...i for one did not think he would have such a hard time finding a QB. The other thing that should not have suprised me but did is that while in the BE I thought we had talent to play with anyone....well we did for that one game. What we have learned is that we need conditioned athletes to play in one of the best conf in football in the country week in and week out. Look at Shaq, beast in the middle...first four games he was unstoppable and I thought playing himself into the first round. What has he done lately? He is beat up because they have no one to put in there to give him a rest. This is not a knock on the former coach, but if our recruiting practices would have stayed the same as the first couple we would even be worse than what we are now.

Fact is we just did not have the horses. This year all of our horses are colts..lol I think we have some break out talent on this team, and over the next couple of years i think they will make DH look good.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think thier collective perspective says it all really...and I would underscore the fact that Wv is not or ever has been a consistent top 10 elite program where the expectation of and support of those fan bases is off the charts...

I really don't understand the mentality at all...so if Dana gets fired a new guy comes in and he has even worse win/loss record..what you fire him to after 3 years and hire another guy..and if he does the same fire him to and on and on....just how would that build a college football program...what kid would want to come to a school that acts like that?

IMO, WVU is not alone in over-reacting to the losses. AU fired Chizik just a couple of years after the guy won a NC.

But, at WVU I think we see the pro-BS crowd becoming increasingly vocal as WVU struggles. Their guy got fired for winning 9 games per year. So, how can Luck stand by and accept a coach who has seen his team get worse each season?

I think the Baylor situation is one Dana pointed to last year... when discussing Baylor before the game with them at MPS. Patience is a virtue...

Or so I have been told...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, WVU is not alone in over-reacting to the losses. AU fired Chizik just a couple of years after the guy won a NC.

But, at WVU I think we see the pro-BS crowd becoming increasingly vocal as WVU struggles. Their guy got fired for winning 9 games per year. So, how can Luck stand by and accept a coach who has seen his team get worse each season?

I think the Baylor situation is one Dana pointed to last year... when discussing Baylor before the game with them at MPS. Patience is a virtue...

Or so I have been told...

My opinion...Chizik was fired because the alum know good and well Newton was paid to play football there...so when the accusations rear their ugly head again the university can weather the storm easier since the HC is no longer there........

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can't stand this kind of fan and it has nothing to do with Bill...it has to do with the fact you claim yourself a fan of WVU and then come off happy when these changes that were made do not appear to be working. We have more "WVU fans" cheering at our failures as much as our wins, this does nothing for us in the social media when recruits see it.

I know a couple of you are on twitter, but check it out sometime...we win the normal show up and talk about the team...when we lose people come out from under rocks to tear this team a new one.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion...Chizik was fired because the alum know good and well Newton was paid to play football there...so when the accusations rear their ugly head again the university can weather the storm easier since the HC is no longer there........

You beat me to it, my people down south went as far as saying Auburn associates kept recruits away so he would fail.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't stand this kind of fan and it has nothing to do with Bill...it has to do with the fact you claim yourself a fan of WVU and then come off happy when these changes that were made do not appear to be working. We have more "WVU fans" cheering at our failures as much as our wins, this does nothing for us in the social media when recruits see it.

I know a couple of you are on twitter, but check it out sometime...we win the normal show up and talk about the team...when we lose people come out from under rocks to tear this team a new one.

Ohh... I have seen it too. It pisses me off beyond description. I have old friends from Motown who I keep up with on Facebook. They enjoy the losses... as they were BS fans. I think it is disgusting!

I was a BS fan too.

But, I will never understand how you can revel in any loss, and call yourself a fan. They care more about being proven right... or being a cheerleader against the injustice served to BS... than supporting their favorite school and team.

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohh... I have seen it too. It pisses me off beyond description. I have old friends from Motown who I keep up with on Facebook. They enjoy the losses... as they were BS fans. I think it is disgusting!

I was a BS fan too.

But, I will never understand how you can revel in any loss, and call yourself a fan. They care more about being proven right... or being a cheerleader against the injustice served to BS... than supporting their favorite school and team.

For me, as Bill Stewart was my friend outside of football, even I understood he was not qualified to be a head coach, I have said as much hundreds of times. I certainly do not revel in losing, in fact, it pisses me off quite frankly. The last thing I want is change, just because of hatred of an individual, and I have stated my reasons based upon what I have witnessed on the field of play, the business of our football program, nothing else. But can agree, that there are those who revel in their rummyhood and hold a deep personal grudge for the firing of Bill Stewart. He had some success, yes he did, but he also did not have the requisite knowledge of how to be a head coach on ANY level. I refuse to compare Bill Stewart and Dana Holgerson, because they represent different times, different conferences and different styles, my only comparison is that neither of them possessed the skills required to be a head coach. Some people do indeed see a lower of the standard of ability and drift quickly to some false assumptions of mis-treatment of Bill Stewart(record comparison, and such), but listen, if Bill Stewart had been the head coach at WVU the last two seasons, we STILL get our butts kicked, probably worse, unless someone can assume he somehow could have inspired the current set of players to give more, that would be a real stretch of the truth, no matter how decent the man was. I have not seen anything, YET, that defines Dana Holgerson as having anything more in his tank in this category, than Bill Stewart did. There might be some hope he can get there and that seems to be the basis of the majority here, give him the time to see, if it works, great beans for us, but if he fails, we will be rebuilding all over again in 2 years, and then we go back into the 5 year cycle talk all over again. What all of you seem to be wanting, is for their to be no talk about the failure, and that my friends is never going to happen. You can call it spoiled fans, fair weather fans, trolls, whatever, but the diversity of the Mountaineer fans will never bridge the gap of difference. Who is right, who is wrong? And if we could find that answer, we would all be rich!

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim, i get what you are saying. AND I think your statement :
" but listen, if Bill Stewart had been the head coach at WVU the last two seasons, we STILL get our butts kicked, probably worse, unless someone can assume he somehow could have inspired the current set of players to give more"

Is where I am right now. Bill Stewart, and Fraud before him, were pretty good at getting players to play hard for the team. From the outside looking in, their teams LOOKED like a family. THAT is the biggest beef I have with Holgorsen, is he does not seem to inspire the players to play hard for him. As I have said, even if you buy the bare cupboard argument, shouldn't ANY player get better as the year goes on?? Shouldn't mistakes become LESS frequent as the year goes on? What I see ON THE FIELD, regardless of who is on the sideline, is a team that makes the same mistakes in game 11 as they did in game one, a team that was one of only three teams in the nation to win 9 games a year for 10 years that has recorded a worse record EACH year since. I see a team that competed with LSU AWAY in 2010 that can now not even compete at KANSAS.