• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The state of Eli Manning

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesnt matter, they all talk like fans up there, zero objectivity on sports, especially NY Sports

"Cant wait for Scott Zolaks' take on Tom Brady"
When do you listen? Zolak absolutely is a Patriots honk. To be expected, he's the color commentator and a former player.

Toucher and Rich barely talk sports, they just entertain. Felger and Mazz are overly critical. They spent the entire season last year saying the Pats defense wasn't good enough and they were beneficiaries of a weak schedule. And they spent the entire previous season bashing the Patriots for cheating.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When do you listen? Zolak absolutely is a Patriots honk. To be expected, he's the color commentator and a former player.

Toucher and Rich barely talk sports, they just entertain. Felger and Mazz are overly critical. They spent the entire season last year saying the Pats defense wasn't good enough and they were beneficiaries of a weak schedule. And they spent the entire previous season bashing the Patriots for cheating.

I like your style

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ive said this near exact same thing to dirt 100 times

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like your style
Thank you.

That just legitimately confuses me. The two most negative commentators on the teams in this town are Shaughnessy and Felger, who were both voted the most popular commentators in town. I usually listen to Felger and Mazz for a bit on my ride home, and you would seriously think the Pats were a perennial 8-win team every year. They basically take a stance the exact way that you do, "Yeah I could sit here like all you other ball-washers and talk about how Brady is great, but how boring would that be?"

They call out hypocrisy in Patriots fans constantly, it's their entire schtick. Shaughnessy even coined the term "march of the tomato can team" minimizing the Patriots "success" in getting to the AFC Championship every year because they get an easy (tomato can) team in the divisional round, at home, every season.

You should LOVE it.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ive said this near exact same thing to dirt 100 times
Seriously, if you only listen to Scott Zolak then sure, you'll get a picture of Boston sports talk that's waaaaay off. I remember last season, leading up to the Super Bowl, someone called Felger and Mazz and was just like "yeah baby! Go Pats! Let's bring it Sunday!" and Felger just hung up and said, "Yeah you can call the midday show, we don't do that here."

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Beckham played and Eli still sucked?

tumblr_n1haykXQyL1smfoijo1_400.gif
But but but Odell is the most important player on the field according to some Giants fans on this board.

I mean, he absolutely is the difference in scoring 3, or 10 points vs 20+, amirite????
In fairness, OBJ is probably not near 100% healthy.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you.

That just legitimately confuses me. The two most negative commentators on the teams in this town are Shaughnessy and Felger, who were both voted the most popular commentators in town. I usually listen to Felger and Mazz for a bit on my ride home, and you would seriously think the Pats were a perennial 8-win team every year. They basically take a stance the exact way that you do, "Yeah I could sit here like all you other ball-washers and talk about how Brady is great, but how boring would that be?"

They call out hypocrisy in Patriots fans constantly, it's their entire schtick. Shaughnessy even coined the term "march of the tomato can team" minimizing the Patriots "success" in getting to the AFC Championship every year because they get an easy (tomato can) team in the divisional round, at home, every season.

You should LOVE it.

Love Shaughnessy, cause Ive posted with guys for years that call him a hack, and I always know the only reason for that is because he is the anti-homer

I love that someone from that area points out the obvious about that AFC East

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, if you only listen to Scott Zolak then sure, you'll get a picture of Boston sports talk that's waaaaay off. I remember last season, leading up to the Super Bowl, someone called Felger and Mazz and was just like "yeah baby! Go Pats! Let's bring it Sunday!" and Felger just hung up and said, "Yeah you can call the midday show, we don't do that here."

I listen to Rock Zolak all day, so forgive me

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I listen to Rock Zolak all day, so forgive me
I have no idea how you could listen to that all day. If I have to take a drive in the middle of the day to get something for work, I will listen to a podcast or something because I wouldn't be able to stand listening to him for the 30 minutes I'm in the car. Unless I'm feeling extra Patriots happy and just feel like listening to "best Sunday calls" or something.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea how you could listen to that all day. If I have to take a drive in the middle of the day to get something for work, I will listen to a podcast or something because I wouldn't be able to stand listening to him for the 30 minutes I'm in the car. Unless I'm feeling extra Patriots happy and just feel like listening to "best Sunday calls" or something.

"Rocko-Strongo" Zolak

Not Scott, I would never listen to that douche, that shit shouldnt be allowed on radio anywhere

He wouldnt survive 5 seconds in this city

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love Shaughnessy, cause Ive posted with guys for years that call him a hack, and I always know the only reason for that is because he is the anti-homer

I love that someone from that area points out the obvious about that AFC East
Shaughnessy is a good read. The guy has covered the team for almost 40 years so people should pay attention. He can be a pompous tool but overall I do appreciate his lack of homerism.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Rocko-Strongo" Zolak

Not Scott, I would never listen to that douche, that shit shouldnt be allowed on radio anywhere

He wouldnt survive 5 seconds in this city
There's a reason he's on 10-2.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli is scurred, and he is facing a veritable rogues gallery of defensive linemen in weeks to come--Fletcher Cox, Von Miller, Michael Bennett, Aaron Donald--time to eat!

5_11.gif
Yeah... looks to be a brutal match-up for the Giants... I would fully expect the Philly front seven to own the Giants.

Tough to feel optimistic as a Giants fan... the most positive thing I see having going for us is that our backs are against the wall and that will (hopefully) have the guys motivated to do their best.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaughnessy is a good read. The guy has covered the team for almost 40 years so people should pay attention. He can be a pompous tool but overall I do appreciate his lack of homerism.

Like Your style, you could lay with my wife

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... looks to be a brutal match-up for the Giants... I would fully expect the Philly front seven to own the Giants.

Tough to feel optimistic as a Giants fan... the most positive thing I see having going for us is that our backs are against the wall and that will (hopefully) have the guys motivated to do their best.

Agreed, nothing fluky about these losses...The issues are real, and dont know how they go away

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it comes to baseball, I do think that Shaughnessy and Massarotti just use the easy take. They talk mostly about the flaws in the team and how it will be their downfall that season. And then when they don't win the World Series, they get to pump their fist for being right.

Well more than likely a team isn't going to win the World Series, so if that's the take, you're going to be right 90% of the time. Mazz spent the entire 2013 season saying the team wasn't good enough, and then just said "hey, they put it together and won it" when he was proven wrong.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't think a 2 time Super Bowl MVP quarterback who will end up top 6 in both passing yards and passing TDs is going to be in the HOF conversation?

He certainly shouldn't be. Not even top 10 of his era.