• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The ST for the #5 Spot

Who Should be the #5 Starter for the Royals out of ST?

• Hochevar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ventura

• Dwyer

• Zimmer

• Other (Please comment explaining who and why)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this spring brings in a team that is looking to make the playoffs, and with some luck, they might just do so. The biggest competition in ST is most definitely the #5 spot. Another interesting twist will be to see if Valencia makes the 25 man to start the season, but again, the #5 job will be something most Royals fans will be watching for.

Shields, Vargas, Guthrie, and Chen have already been assured rotation spots.

I'll put my chips on Danny Duffy being the #5 starter personally, but it will be interesting with other contenders for the job.

Some other contenders for the job, outside of Duffy, include Wade Davis, Luke Hochevar, Yordano Ventura, Chris Dwyer, and Kyle Zimmer.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st ST game is today.

Andy McCullough @McCulloughStar
The full pitching roster today for the Royals: Bruce Chen, Danny Duffy, Donnie Joseph, Cory Wade, Scott Alexander, Kelvin Herrera.

Bolded will make the 25-man
Underline= SP candidates
Italics= could make the 25-man later in the season

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was a toss up between Davis and Duffy.

Duffy's walks scare me but if Davis gets hit like he did last year, guess the damage is less with walks, lol.

would like to see Duffy, Ventura and Zimmer at AAA for 5 starts....call up the best one after that.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was a toss up between Davis and Duffy.

Duffy's walks scare me but if Davis gets hit like he did last year, guess the damage is less with walks, lol.

would like to see Duffy, Ventura and Zimmer at AAA for 5 starts....call up the best one after that.

I would give Duffy the job at this point for the 5th starter. Move Davis into Hoch's role. Have Ventura start out in AAA to work specifically on command and his changeup. Call up Ventura in early May ( To avoid Super 2 status too) to replace Bruce. Don't rush Zimmer and start him off in AA, if he is ready by midseason, he should get some time be it because of an injury or ineffectiveness.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with Hoch out...agree Davis to the pen and Duffy to the 5th...that just made it so easy....

Think that about sets almost every starting spot.. The only question now out of Spring training is I want to know who our 2b back up is...lol...we are going to need him.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with Hoch out...agree Davis to the pen and Duffy to the 5th...that just made it so easy....

Think that about sets almost every starting spot.. The only question now out of Spring training is I want to know who our 2b back up is...lol...we are going to need him.

~Danny Valencia~

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This should make Bueno the favorite to replace Hoch's roster spot in the bullpen/

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Ventura is going to win the job. Will even be slotted 3rd it looks like.