• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Season So Far-Week 12

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st 4: Alabama, Wisconsin, Miami, Oklahoma

2nd 4: Clemson, Auburn, Ohio State, Georgia

3rd 4: Notre Dame, Penn St, TCU, USC

Analysis: The above is my own ratings. The college playoff rankings are very different. No changes in the top 12 for the first time this year. The Alabama-Auburn game holds the key to everything. If Alabama wins, no problem. They likely make the playoffs, win or lose against Georgia. So would Georgia. If Alabama runs the table it opens up another spot. Ohio State must win against Michigan and Wisconsin to have a chance to get in. Wisconsin the same against Ohio State. Oklahoma looks like their in a good place, but 3 undefeated teams could cramp their chances. The winner of Miami and Clemson also shout get a spot.

My Picks for the Playoff: Alabama, Oklahoma, Miami, Ohio State

Most surprising: Notre Dame, Miami, TCU, UCF, Wisconsin and Northwestern

Analysis: Miami is now a favorite to make the playoffs. Likely have to beat Clemson. Wisconsin is 11-0 but the big game with Ohio State looms. No one expected Notre Dame to have the season it’s having,. UCF has its biggest game of the year with South Florida for a likely group of 6 bowl game, with Memphis still having an outside chance.

Most disappointing: Florida St, Florida, Baylor, Brigham Young, Nebraska, Tennessee,

Analysis: Florida St has to rank as the biggest disappointment because of their number 3 ranking. Florida joins its instate rival with continued poor performances. Nebraska continues to have a down year. Tennessee is just mailing it in.

Heisman Trophy: Baker Mayfield, Saquan Barkley, Jalen Hurts, Bryce Love

Analysis: This race is over. Mayfield has too large a lead to be caught. Barkley will be in New York, but the other spots are up for grabs. Jalen Hurts continues to be a factor.

Big 3 Games of the Week: Alabama-Auburn, Ohio St-Michigan, Oklahoma-West Virginia.

Analysis: Alabama-Auburn is huge. The whole playoff contenders could be turned upside down if Auburn upsets them. Ohio State must beat Michigan to have a chance to make the playoffs. Oklahoma could be in a struggle to make the playoffs if Alabama is upset and 2 SEC teams get in.

Pics: Alabama by a very small margin over Auburn, but an upset is very possible. Ohio State and Oklahoma to win big.

Big games left: 4 CCG’s. All but the Pac 12, which seems destined to be left out.

Analysis: You need big wins over good teams to make the playoffs. Alabama has that in Auburn and then Georgia. A loss to Auburn could kill off any hopes of Alabama making the playoffs. Miami-Clemson CCG appears to be huge as does a potential Ohio State-Wisconsin. The winners of those games plus Oklahoma should be the final four. Unless of course, Alabama loses to Auburn. Then all bets are off.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Oklahoma as a lock to win the Big 12 CCG. What's you take if they lose?

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Oklahoma as a lock to win the Big 12 CCG. What's you take if they lose?

If they lose, then no one from the Big 12 gets into the playoffs. Then its likely that 2 SEC teams get in. USC is a long shot if they win the PAC. That's about it. It doesn't effect Wisconsin-Ohio State.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tough to beat a team twice but I was hoping for the TCU rematch over okie jr. I still like our chances. Riley took his foot off the gas or we could’ve added three more scores. Riley saved something knowing we’d face them again.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough to beat a team twice but I was hoping for the TCU rematch over okie jr. I still like our chances. Riley took his foot off the gas or we could’ve added three more scores. Riley saved something knowing we’d face them again.

Quite possible. But I have seen no discussion of a scenario where OU loses. They are not a lock. High probability, though.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite possible. But I have seen no discussion of a scenario where OU loses. They are not a lock. High probability, though.

No rematch is ever a lock. At least not when both teams are halfway decent. Patterson also knew he wasn’t winning that game and pretty much put it on cruise control. He’s got some things saved for the CCG.