• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Season so Far-Week 10

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Season So Far-week –Week 10

1st 4: Alabama, Ohio State, LSU, Clemson

2nd 4: Penn State, Georgia, Oregon, Utah

3rd 4: Oklahoma, Florida, Auburn, Minnesota

Analysis: The biggest week of the year, matches number 1 Alabama and number 3 LSU. The winner will be number 1 and have the inside shot at the SEC playoff berth. The loser will not be out, nor will Georgia. Either Penn State or Minnesota will prove to be real, and be in position to challenge Ohio State. Oklahoma is still in the picture, but needs help. Clemson has the easiest schedule, but has not looked as good as last year. The Pac 12 is back in the playoff race and the match between Utah and Oregon in the championship game could be for a berth.

My Picks for the Playoff: Ohio State, Clemson, Alabama, LSU

Analysis. Clemson has the easiest path, but must go on the road against NC State this week. Ohio State still has 2 big games remaining against Penn State and Michigan. Alabama-LSU is a sure lock to get a playoff berth. Georgia has to run the table and win the SEC Championship. PAC 12 winner needs help, but only 1 loss from one of the other teams could propel them into the playoff.

Most surprising: Minnesota, Baylor, Penn State, Wake Forest.

Analysis: The winner of Minnesota and Penn State will continue a cinderella season. Minnesota can almost clinch the Big 10 West. Baylor has a tough road game with TCU, and still must play Oklahoma and Texas. A daunting schedule. Wake has a big game at Clemson coming up, but might still make a New Year’s Day bowl game.

Most disappointing: Nebraska, Arkansas, USC, Florida State.

Analysis: Nebraska was the favorite to win the Big 10 West, but will not get close. Arkansas just can’t win against tough SEC competition, but is doing much worse than anticipated. Florida State is looking terrible each week and just fired their coach. USC is not far behind, with a new coach likely for next season.

Heisman Trophy: Joe Burrow, Jalin Hurts, Tua Tagovailoa, Chase Young.

Analysis: Same as last week, but a lot of players didn’t play. Burrow and Tagovailoa will go against each other, and something should give here. Jalin Hurts has to keep plugging and hope to outperform the other two. Big week for Chase Young. A defensive player has to build support, and he must continue to totally dominate the game like he did against Wisconsin.

Big 3 Games of the Week: LSU-Alabama, Penn State-Minnesota, Iowa-Wisconsin

Analysis: Two huge games involving 4 of the unbeaten teams that are left. Alabama is the favorite, but will Tua T play. If not, LSU becomes the favorite. Both teams have allowed more points than they usually do. Whoever can rise to the occasion will win. Alabama 27-24. Even more difficult to pick is the Penn State-Minnesota game. Minnesota has played nobody, while Penn State has been good but not great. If Minnesota can get out in front, the crowd could compel them to a victory. A very emotional game that will go to Penn State by 24-23. Iowa and Wisconsin are playing for a longshot chance to win the Big 10 West. Both are ranked with 2 losses. Has Wisconsin come back to the pack, or are they the same team that was a major surprise at the beginning of the season? Wisconsin by 24-13.

Big games the rest of the season. Clemson-Wake Forest, Clemson-South Carolina, Ohio State-Michigan, Wisconsin-Minnesota, Penn State-Ohio State, Oklahoma-Baylor, Alabama-Auburn, Georgia-Auburn,

Analysis: The biggest games of the year are this week, with Penn State at Ohio State being the largest remaining game. Georgia’s playoff chances will be ended if they lose to Auburn. A 2 loss SEC champ could actually be left out. If Alabama wins this week, they could still afford one lose to either Auburn or Georgia. Ohio State-Michigan could be a surprise if Michigan continues to improve.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Analysis. Clemson has the easiest path, but must go on the road against NC State this week.

NC State is god awful. 34 point loss to Wake, 21 point loss to BC, 18 point loss to a terrible FSU team, 17 point loss to a terrible WVU team.

Clemson has no excuse for not winning by like 30, as a "legit" contender.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NC State is god awful. 34 point loss to Wake, 21 point loss to BC, 18 point loss to a terrible FSU team, 17 point loss to a terrible WVU team.

Clemson has no excuse for not winning by like 30, as a "legit" contender.

These teams have a habit of getting up for big teams, and they do have the home field advantage. Clemson should win, but not by as much as you think.

Collegefbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OP post for the playoff predictions are probably spot on. And I hate that it being so predictable. Would like a surprise. I feel it will play out the way he predicts.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OP post for the playoff predictions are probably spot on. And I hate that it being so predictable. Would like a surprise. I feel it will play out the way he predicts.

They might be spot on for tonight's playoff rankings, but there are still a lot of games between the contenders that have yet to be played.

Collegefbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I agree but based on even how those 4 teams look, the standings might very well be that at the end.

Also, if the four are Ohio State, Clemson, Alabama, LSU at season's end, will the CFP rank them in the bracket to where the two SEC won't end up in the NC game?

Last edited:

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st 4: Alabama, Ohio State, LSU, Clemson

2nd 4: Penn State, Georgia, Oregon, Utah
I'd love to see:

Bama vs Penn State
Ohio State vs Georgia
LSU vs Oregon
Utah vs Clemson...

...or any combination of the first four vs the second four.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to see:

Bama vs Penn State
Ohio State vs Georgia
LSU vs Oregon
Utah vs Clemson...

...or any combination of the first four vs the second four.

This makes my case that there are no super teams out there this year. The Bama-LSU game this weekend looks great. Ohio State and Penn State this month, could also be very interesting.