• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Season So Far-Week 1

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Season So Far-Week 1

1st 4: Clemson, Alabama, Georgia, Wisconsin

2nd 4: Ohio State, Oklahoma , Auburn, Notre Dame

3rd 4: West Virginia, LSU, Washington, Stanford

Analysis: . The 12 teams shown are my actual rankings. Clemson ahead of Alabama by a hair. Notre Dame showed they will be a contender for the playoffs. LSU also impressive, but has a tough schedule. Wisconsin got it going and looked sharp. Oklahoma didn’t miss a beat without Baker Mayfield

Playoff picks. Alabama, Clemson, Notre Dame, Oklahoma.

Analysis. Alabama and Georgia could be undefeated when they meet in the SEC Championship. If that happens, both teams will likely make it. Clemson should run the table, but a championship will get them in. Wisconsin would have to beat a great team from the East. Oklahoma could afford a loss but might need help. Notre Dame has a strong enough schedule to get in with one loss.

Most surprising: LSU and Notre Dame looked like the big surprises. Virginia Tech could be the surprise team of the ACC. Texas AM showed a lot of power, but will be tested this week by Clemson

Most disappointing: Texas, followed by UCLA, Miami and Florida State. Unexpected losses by all 4. Could be long seasons for all of them.

Heisman Trophy: Will Grier, Jonathan Taylor, Bryce Love, Kyler Murray.

Analysis: Bryce Love drops following a mediocre game. He needs a good game to get back. Match against USC is perfect place for this. Will Grier should continue in the top spot for a while. Kyler Murray didn’t miss a beat, but AM has a very tough schedule.

Big 3 Games of the Week: Clemson-Texas AM, USC-Stanford, Penn St-Pittsburgh

Analysis: Kyle field will make it tough for number 1 Clemson to win. I see them eking out a win. USC and Stanford is a tossup. Bryce Love could make the difference plus an inexperienced USC QB. Is Penn St as bad as they looked last week. They should rebound against an underrated Pitt team.

Big games in September: Ohio St-TCU, Auburn-LSU, Oregon Stanford, Stanford-Notre Dame, Ohio State-Penn State, Wisconsin-Iowa.

Analysis: Ohio St has a tough start in September. Clemson has to be careful at what can be a tough place to win at Kyle Field. Notre Dame must beat Stanford to be considered a playoff contender. Wisconsin’s toughest game this year in the regular season could be at Iowa.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notre Dame for playoffs? I wasn't impressed enough by them to think playoff worthy, plus they have z tough schedule.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notre Dame for playoffs? I wasn't impressed enough by them to think playoff worthy, plus they have z tough schedule.

They play a good schedule every year.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They play a good schedule every year.

How many playoff appearances do they have?

They may have looked good, but I don't think it is good enough after 1 week to put them into playoffs.

Even if Wisconsin isn't near as good, their schedule really favors them.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin before Ohio state is a joke

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many playoff appearances do they have?

They may have looked good, but I don't think it is good enough after 1 week to put them into playoffs.

Even if Wisconsin isn't near as good, their schedule really favors them.

Just because they haven't made the playoffs before, remember we only have 4 years of playoffs to look at. It's still very early, but I like what I saw against a quality team. Michigan might be better than a lot of people think.

Obviously we have only 1 week to look at, and the relative standings I have can change in 1 game. If Wisconsin runs the table and loses to Ohio St, the result for them will be the same as last year.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin tier 1? Lol.