• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The refs and the Finals

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK first some facts:

1. This year's playoffs have sucked ass so far
2. The league is counting on an epic Finals to salvage things
3. The Warriors are strong favorites (someone posted -330) to win
4. The Warriors are a better team than the one that barely lost last year with some significant pieces missing or hurting

Now I'm normally not big on conspiracy theories, but if the Warriors come out strong and look like they are going to win in 4-5 games, is there any chance the refs are instructed to help out Cleveland? They already never call all the hits Curry takes, so do that and then some perhaps?

Curious if I'm being paranoid.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK first some facts:

4. The Warriors are a better team than the one that barely lost last year with some significant pieces missing or hurting
Now I'm normally not big on conspiracy theories, but if the Warriors come out strong and look like they are going to win in 4-5 games, is there any chance the refs are instructed to help out Cleveland? They already never call all the hits Curry takes, so do that and then some perhaps?

This is Warrior fan already posturing in case they don't sweep.

I think Ws in 5 or maybe 6.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is Warrior fan already posturing in case they don't sweep.

I think Ws in 5 or maybe 6.

Uh no I've already gone on record saying Warriors in 7. The ref thing just makes that more likely.

Lq8G8.gif

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Refs taking over games won't make the series epic, especially if the Warriors win the first game or 2 easily. Cavs can compete and even win the finals without them helping. The league should care more about making the NBA more competitive at the top so fans don't know the teams competing in the finals a year in advance. And I'm sure Steph Curry gets hit a number of times without getting the foul called, but you could say that about a lot of players including other superstars. Now if LeBron elbows him in the nose trying to inbound the ball during the finals without getting called for a foul, I might believe the refs are helping Cleveland and that Steph never gets the calls he deserves.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Refs taking over games won't make the series epic, especially if the Warriors win the first game or 2 easily. Cavs can compete and even win the finals without them helping. The league should care more about making the NBA more competitive at the top so fans don't know the teams competing in the finals a year in advance. And I'm sure Steph Curry gets hit a number of times without getting the foul called, but you could say that about a lot of players including other superstars. Now if LeBron elbows him in the nose trying to inbound the ball during the finals without getting called for a foul, I might believe the refs are helping Cleveland and that Steph never gets the calls he deserves.

Fair enough, but the bolded, I'm sorry no, he gets it worse than other stars.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK first some facts:

You're being paranoid. No conspiracy theory will even be necessary since it'll be a close series because the Dubs won't come out strong. They'll do what they always do; dick around with sloppy passes, flashy plays, etc. That alone will cost them a game or two. Hell, it cost them the championship last year. The Dubs careless streak with a dude as good as Lebron James, no way I see it being anything but a tightly contested series so no tinfoil hat tampering necessary

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're being paranoid. No conspiracy theory will even be necessary since it'll be a close series because the Dubs won't come out strong. They'll do what they always do; dick around with sloppy passes, flashy plays, etc. That alone will cost them a game or two. Hell, it cost them the championship last year. The Dubs careless streak with a dude as good as Lebron James, no way I see it being anything but a tightly contested series so no tinfoil hat tampering necessary

I tend to agree, Warriors in 7

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as the Warriors do their thing and Draymond don't grab anyone's junk, they should win in five.

Nothing the refs do will matter if that's the case.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the NBA we are talking about. One of the most rigged sports in the world... Of course the league will make the Finals into a sh*tshow...

But come on, we counting the Celtics out?

:D:D