• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Player's Championship

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe this got 45 views and no posts. Good couple of weeks coming up now..

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Day is on pace for an epic season

Getting a little tired of his goofy kid though :L

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Day is on pace for an epic season

Getting a little tired of his goofy kid though :L

No kidding. Since barely missing out to capture the British Open Day has won 7 tournaments. That is ridiculous especially in an era where there is lots of talent & guys like Spieth & Rory in the mix.

As for his kid - yep this is getting a little old in all sports. As an example - Curry's daughter is very entertaining, but it has set a trend where lots of NBA players now bring their kids in the press room & not all of them are very entertaining.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No kidding. Since barely missing out to capture the British Open Day has won 7 tournaments. That is ridiculous especially in an era where there is lots of talent & guys like Spieth & Rory in the mix.

As for his kid - yep this is getting a little old in all sports. As an example - Curry's daughter is very entertaining, but it has set a trend where lots of NBA players now bring their kids in the press room & not all of them are very entertaining.

Rory should really be taking note...the power game is great, but you gotta have the short game to back it it up when you're not hitting 80% GIR.

The tournament overall was sort of a dud imo, maybe the margin got to 3 maybe after Day made the turn, but birdie on 10 and there was little doubt after that.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard Knox life: Golfer hits three in water at 17th

How about this guy? Jeez - 3 times in the water on 17. He certainly would not have won if say he shot a par on this hole, but he could have been in the top 5. Those water shots cost him somewhere between a few hundred thousand & a million dollars.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard Knox life: Golfer hits three in water at 17th

How about this guy? Jeez - 3 times in the water on 17. He certainly would not have won if say he shot a par on this hole, but he could have been in the top 5. Those water shots cost him somewhere between a few hundred thousand & a million dollars.

He's got plenty of company, every year somebody get touched up by 17..

We walked it, but didn't get a chance to play it. IMO, the TPC Sawgrass is not a great golf course for the players...17 is a great spectator hole and you would think a tour level player could hit a green that size with a wedge or 9i 10 out of 10 times and they probably can on Monday.

If it's really windy, it's a beast. A hole like that should not be so late in the sequence...no time to recover. Day was a yard from rinsing his tee shot on Sunday.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's got plenty of company, every year somebody get touched up by 17..

We walked it, but didn't get a chance to play it. IMO, the TPC Sawgrass is not a great golf course for the players...17 is a great spectator hole and you would think a tour level player could hit a green that size with a wedge or 9i 10 out of 10 times and they probably can on Monday.

If it's really windy, it's a beast. A hole like that should not be so late in the sequence...no time to recover. Day was a yard from rinsing his tee shot on Sunday.

I would bet that there is a good chance that if Day did hit in the water he would recover & minimize his damage unlike many players (Spieth @ the Masters & Knox yesterday being recent examples). Day's ability to forget & focus on the moment is 2nd to none.

This was evidenced yesterday at the par 5 9th hole. He hit his second shot just off the green but in a tough spot in somewhat tall grass. He basically then duffs 3 chips in a row. He then sink his putt (not a gimme) & cards no more bogeys & shoots -3 for the back 9. The guy is as tough as they come.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My lifelong friend lives on the 3rd hole of the othercourse at Sawgrass. My wife and I go every year. Those tourneys are a blast. I can't get over how many 20 somethings go. The place is crawling with tang. Lots of side boob action. Very scantilly clad young ladies. A feast for the eyes.
My wife met Day's wife in a line for the Lady's room. She said hiswife was very nice. After the round on Saturday we go to Ruth Chris' around the corner and feast. It is always a good time.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty average tournament. The third round greens and pin placements were a joke, and nobody really made a run at Day. Speaking of Day...he's got to be considered the best player right now without much question. Top notch power and peaking with his short game/scrambling as well as the putter. He looks to have it between the ears as well. It's flipped in the last couple of years....McIlroy with his back/back majors plus a WGC, and he looked like he was gonna keep the foot on the gas. Then Spieth going back to back at the Masters/US Open, and he's the next one....now it's Day's turn.

Those three look down on everybody right now.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would bet that there is a good chance that if Day did hit in the water he would recover & minimize his damage unlike many players (Spieth @ the Masters & Knox yesterday being recent examples). Day's ability to forget & focus on the moment is 2nd to none.

This was evidenced yesterday at the par 5 9th hole. He hit his second shot just off the green but in a tough spot in somewhat tall grass. He basically then duffs 3 chips in a row. He then sink his putt (not a gimme) & cards no more bogeys & shoots -3 for the back 9. The guy is as tough as they come.

I'm not saying he wouldn't...12 @ AN has a bailout...it's not a good one to get up and down from but it is a major...par should be tough if you bail out long...but clearly Spieth/Knox got sloppy.

By design...if you hit it in the water on 17...4 is a great number because you're going to most likely make 5 if the pin is in the traditional back right location...the drop area gives you a nicer angle to that pin, but it's still a tough shot.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying he wouldn't...12 @ AN has a bailout...it's not a good one to get up and down from but it is a major...par should be tough if you bail out long...but clearly Spieth/Knox got sloppy.

By design...if you hit it in the water on 17...4 is a great number because you're going to most likely make 5 if the pin is in the traditional back right location...the drop area gives you a nicer angle to that pin, but it's still a tough shot.

No - I am not denying that & wasn't trying to focus on the specific issues with any hole or course. Rather I was trying to point out Day's ability to tune things out & move forward. Especially in the case of Spieth I believe that he let things get to his head (as would most people). Day just his this insane ability to tune things out. Jeez - he kept playing at the US Open after bouts with dimentia. I would guess that his issues that he had as a kid made him stronger & gives him the ability to fight through tough times.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No - I am not denying that & wasn't trying to focus on the specific issues with any hole or course. Rather I was trying to point out Day's ability to tune things out & move forward. Especially in the case of Spieth I believe that he let things get to his head (as would most people). Day just his this insane ability to tune things out. Jeez - he kept playing at the US Open after bouts with dimentia. I would guess that his issues that he had as a kid made him stronger & gives him the ability to fight through tough times.

Much like Tiger, Day didn't have the silver spoon upbringing...possibly the common bond they have. Although 18 is no joke either, imo Day had a big enough cushion to survive a miscue on 17...you go to that tee with a 1 shot lead and all bets are off...My issues are more with the TPC Sawgrass design.

Day is rising up, hopefully we get to see a few big events with the top guns all playing well...great to see the likes of Ken Duke, and Knost making big checks, etc. but I never got the sense they were going to make a run at Day.