• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Players Championship 2017

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • Rory has a complete brain fart on 10 and misses an 18 inch putt. He somewhat recovers and is 1 over.
  • Phil did not have any practice round even with a lots of course changes and still shoots 2 under.
  • Sergio aces the 17th hole. When it's going your way, it's going your way. He is 1 over.
  • Jordan Spieth fumes about a poorly raked bunker. I think he should have kept that in house. 1 over
  • The obsession with John Rahm continues. Maybe it should. He is 4 under.
  • William McGirt & Mack Huges are our leaders at 5 under.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • Rory has a complete brain fart on 10 and misses an 18 inch putt. He somewhat recovers and is 1 over.
  • Phil did not have any practice round even with a lots of course changes and still shoots 2 under.
  • Sergio aces the 17th hole. When it's going your way, it's going your way. He is 1 over.
  • Jordan Spieth fumes about a poorly raked bunker. I think he should have kept that in house. 1 over
  • The obsession with John Rahm continues. Maybe it should. He is 4 under.
  • William McGirt & Mack Huges are our leaders at 5 under.

And I was going to ask is the Players losing it's grip on the fictitious 5th major status?

The stadium course often gives big hitters fits. The beauty of the layout, it forces you to play it as designed to be played. If you try to over power it and you're off just a little...you pay.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always wanted to get tickets to see this.

I tried to volunteer one year but couldn't get in :mad2::mad2:

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always wanted to get tickets to see this.

I tried to volunteer one year but couldn't get in :mad2::mad2:

Yea, out of all the golf tournaments you get the feeling that the gallery is getting "tuned up" here more than any other.

With the exception of the Wasted Management Open of course.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, out of all the golf tournaments you get the feeling that the gallery is getting "tuned up" here more than any other.

With the exception of the Wasted Management Open of course.

Sure is... But I'll still with working the Deutsche Bank (Dell Championship now) and the Traveler's

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cantley is getting closer and closer to being very relevant on Sunday leader boards.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish I could actually be watching this right now!

Stupid work getting in the way!

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Rory is getting an MRI on Monday for his back?

He had a cracked a rib and never heard that his back was an issue too. According to Rory it was all part of the same injury. Maybe it was too much dancing at his wedding.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Rory is getting an MRI on Monday for his back?

He had a cracked a rib and never heard that his back was an issue too. According to Rory it was all part of the same injury. Maybe it was too much dancing at his wedding.

I didn't realize he had tied the knot already...hopefully nothing serious on his back...Day has talked of some back issues as well.

Makes you wonder about these somewhat average size guys belting the crap out of the ball...will it last?

Tiger barely got 18 yrs in before his back gave out.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't realize he had tied the knot already...hopefully nothing serious on his back...Day has talked of some back issues as well.

Makes you wonder about these somewhat average size guys belting the crap out of the ball...will it last?

Tiger barely got 18 yrs in before his back gave out.

Yea the golf Channel just showed Rory getting a kiss in the rain from the new wife.
She is cute as hell too. If I was Rory ...she still would be way too soar to be out & about.

And it is a question that has to be asked ..is this new strength training regime good for the over health and career of a golfer?

Before you can answer that question you have to ask another one.

Does it matter your career ends early if you have 14 majors? Would it matter for Rory if he wins the Masters
and 2 more before he calls it a career?

7 majors would put him tied for 7th all time. And tied with Bobby Jones & Arnold Palmer.

mcilroy1.jpg

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jon Rahm train just T-boned a Tractor trailer.

+10 on the day. 6 Over.

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes I wonder if Rory might enjoy golf a little less than we think he does.
He has a great life, and might not be driven like Tiger to break every record.
Seems pretty happy with the new wife.

Enough with the heavy lifting too. It is not needed in golf. I'm sure it is counter productive at some point.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the middle of the third round, I started pulling for Poulter.

...and yes....these guys need to dial it back a bit when it comes to the weights, IMO. Tiger Woods is obviously the inspiration for the current generation of players for his incredible accomplishments....you would think he'd also be the cautionary tale for the excesses in the gym.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea the golf Channel just showed Rory getting a kiss in the rain from the new wife.
She is cute as hell too. If I was Rory ...she still would be way too soar to be out & about.

And it is a question that has to be asked ..is this new strength training regime good for the over health and career of a golfer?

Before you can answer that question you have to ask another one.

Does it matter your career ends early if you have 14 majors? Would it matter for Rory if he wins the Masters
and 2 more before he calls it a career?

7 majors would put him tied for 7th all time. And tied with Bobby Jones & Arnold Palmer.

mcilroy1.jpg

She is cute. It would be tough for me to stay focused on golf with her in my house. I can foresee a couple little McILRoys on the horizon soon.

Weight training to build bulk/muscle vs a workout program for cardio/stretching/strength...I think there is a balance out there. I can't say for sure, but as a golfer, pitcher, basketball player, getting too much bulk through the chest/bicep area might not be the best thing.

DJ has a long, athletic build, obviously works out, but he doesn't seem to be bulking up as much as Day and Rory...we'll have to see what the impact is long term...neither swings as violently as Tiger did...hopefully they get a nice 20 yr run out there.

To answer your 2nd question...imo no. He's already in I think, but if the wins the Masters and nothing else, he'll be a lock for the HOF. If he does it 12 yrs and calls it a career, I think we would all be wanting more, but it probably wouldn't matter to Rory.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never knew there was a 54 hole cut.

I heard that Jon Rahm left and I thought he withdrew or something.

Turns out it was the 2nd cut.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never knew there was a 54 hole cut.

I heard that Jon Rahm left and I thought he withdrew or something.

Turns out it was the 2nd cut.

That's what I thought as well....just ran really hot after a crappy round and tapped out. Anyways...perhaps the hype to put him in the HOF can slow just a bit.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I thought as well....just ran really hot after a crappy round and tapped out. Anyways...perhaps the hype to put him in the HOF can slow just a bit.
Rahm is talented but young and temperamental. He will be okay once he learns to control his emotions.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rahm is talented but young and temperamental. He will be okay once he learns to control his emotions.

He is very talented, but probably just picked a bad day to have a bad day. TPC can crush a player if they are just a bit off.

Reactions: GNG

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes I wonder if Rory might enjoy golf a little less than we think he does.
He has a great life, and might not be driven like Tiger to break every record.
Seems pretty happy with the new wife.

Enough with the heavy lifting too. It is not needed in golf. I'm sure it is counter productive at some point.
Tiger was so driven to excel that he totally fucked up his back. Now he might never play competitive golf again and if he does it won't be at a high level.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3