• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The player I am rooting for this season

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mom's steak helps Seahawks' George Fant bulk up to 320 pounds

I love the story of George Fant and how dedicated he has been to become a productive player. According to reports he's put on quite a bit of muscle and has dedicated the offseason to learning his craft.

I have a weird, and perhaps naive, optimism about him. I don't expect him to be Walter Jones but I do think he could be a competent LT this year. He showed flashes last year but his rawness really did him in. It was a trial by fire and given the reports of how dedicated he is to improve this year, I think we might see some significant improvement this year!

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mom's steak helps Seahawks' George Fant bulk up to 320 pounds

I love the story of George Fant and how dedicated he has been to become a productive player. According to reports he's put on quite a bit of muscle and has dedicated the offseason to learning his craft.

I have a weird, and perhaps naive, optimism about him. I don't expect him to be Walter Jones but I do think he could be a competent LT this year. He showed flashes last year but his rawness really did him in. It was a trial by fire and given the reports of how dedicated he is to improve this year, I think we might see some significant improvement this year!

I'm rooting for everybody on the o-line. I want these guys to step up there game like the way Britt did last year. If these guys can gel together and go from poor to average this season, the offense has a chance to put up some big numbers.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Athletically, he's off the scale. Even contemplating a guy who never played high school football being an NFL LT is amazing.

Will he be an all-star? Probably not. But he's got a chance to get a LOT better. If the game slows down for him, he's got a chance to be a solid player.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see Fant NOT improving.

As someone else said above, athletically (just like Ifedi) he's got all the talent there... but a HUGE part of tackle (especially left tackle) is your technique and footwork. As much a physical monster as he was, Walter Jones had some of the most beautiful footwork I've ever seen at left tackle. Until he got older and was having some leg issues, he was pretty much able to box out every speed rusher off the edge.

Eventually age and some injury caught up with him, but when he was in his prime IMO he was better than Ogden in terms of pass protection. Ogden of course was a better run blocker overall (yes we've all seen the clip where Jones bulldozes that Carolina pleb for Alexander - one play does not change the ranking)...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course he's going to improve, he's raw... He'll get better but good enough to be a solid LT in this league? Meh...

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fant's background as a basketball post player could really help him when it comes to the footwork. Boxing out and moving around in the post can actually translate pretty well into pass blocking.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, now which players are you rooting against?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I first saw this thread, I couldn't decide on a single player. Pretty much would love everyone to have a career year. However upon further thought, decided it would have to be Russell Wilson, because let's face it, if he has a career year, the Seahawks should have a kick ass year.

KICK ASS RW!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady is who I'm rooting against, Aaron Roger and Luck are close also.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did, but trust me if Luck has a great year it begins all over.

I think the only way it begins is if Luck wins a SB and right now the Colts aren't good enough to get to the SB. I am looking forward to their match up.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fant could be the X factor that determines whether this OL takes a big stride forward or languishes yet again. From the things I've heard PC say about the line, it seems they really want Joeckel to be the LG. I think the only way they can do that is if Fant shows he can hold it down reasonably well at LT. If he can't, they'll most likely be forced to put Joeckel out there and then throw yet another unproven, inexperienced guy in there as the starter at LG. That fouls up the plan for the left side, and then I think the hopes that the OL can be a lot better go down substantially from there.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fant
He will be given plenty of latitude cuz the FO wants him to pan out at LT.
He put on solid weight, has studied, and will be on his second year at LT. I expect him to improve dramatically. I will be surprised if he doesn't impress.