• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Pitch To Lebron James.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lebron would rather do something that hasn't done before.

Playing for the Lakers is lose lose lose.

If he wins, he still loses because he won't be one of the top Lakers of all time.

If he loses, then he loses.

If he suits up, he'll get criticized by Lavar for holding Lonzo back.

Playing for the Clippers, Jazz (best fit in terms of youth in Mitchell and overall talent with Gobert, Jingles, and Rubio), Rockets, he could make history there. Same for Philly, considering their title drought since 1983.

I do think it won't be easy playing with Embiid and Simmons. They'll clash with LeBron.

He could also make history playing for the Spurs, because of the Pop connection. Pop will have guided another team that's different from the past, to a title.

This is even more unlikely, but if he played with Lillard and Nurkic, that's probably the best fit in terms of personalities. I don't think Lillard and LeBron will clash, and same with Nurkic.

Boston is kind of a lose lose like the Lakers. He'll never be one of the greatest Celtics, given how he doesn't have that many years left in his career. It would be a good fit in terms of talent, though.

The Spurs and Jazz can boast regular season wins over the Warriors. Each can show that they've beaten the Warriors by 30 or 40 points (regardless if some of the Warriors might have been missing). So they can show that they've already beaten the Warriors in the regular season, and by adding LeBron, they can do it in the playoffs.

On the Jazz, he'd have players who have proved themselves in the playoffs. They've shown they can win series in multiple years.

Mitchell is young but already good, and he wouldn't feel threatened by James, like Irving was. Mitchell seems like he has less of an ego.

Jingles, Rubio, and Gobert have also proven themselves in the playoffs.

James would have the additional ball handlers he likes in Rubio and Mitchell and Jingles.

And Gobert is better than Love.

Better fit than Houston too, because the Jazz are younger, healthier, and deeper.

The Jazz have also proven that they can hammer in the Warriors in the regular season. The Warriors might have been missing some players, but I think the matchup problem the Jazz present is real.

With Boston, they have the same combination of youth and depth that Utah has. But I just like the fit in Utah more. Especially when the sales pitch would include how they've had several wins over the Warriors the past few years.

I don't like the fit in Houston as much, because of Harden.

I'm assuming for Utah, they'd have to lose Favors.

Right now, there's $11.6M in cap space, so they would have to dump additional salary.

NBA 2018-2019 Cap Tracker

Trade Burks and Sefolosha to a team with cap space, to acquire more cap space.

So the summarize, these are the points about why the Jazz are the best fit:

* Proven playoffs series winners in Jingles, Rubio, Gobert, Mitchell.

LeBron James doesn't like waiting for young players. And most of the above aren't young.

And in Mitchell's case, he's done so much to prove that he can play RIGHT NOW.

* Most amount of additional ball handlers, in Jingles, Rubio, and Mitchell.

* Proven regular season beat downs over James' nemesis, the Warriors.

* Great coach and general manager. Also ownership. All 3 branches work well together. There's no discord.

* The roster isn't too young or too old. LeBron James doesn't have to wait for players to get better, nor is there a short lifespan either.

* All Star and Defensive Player Of The Year, in Gobert.

* Good depth with Crowder, Exum (if he's back), and Jerebko.

* Good team culture. Mitchell won't feel threatened, but is also capable of rising to the moment. He has a good head on his shoulder.

Rubio, Jingles, Gobert are similar.

So these are reason why the Jazz are a great fit.

While I'd rather focus on what makes the Jazz great, here are reasons why they are better fits than other teams. In general though, I prefer not to invoke the name of competitors. Don't even let James think about them.

* Boston would lose depth in order to acquire James. Boston fans would need several championships to love him like past legends.

* Philly's personalities would clash, and the fit with Simmons isn't great. And they haven't proven anything yet.

* Houston has the MVP, and some depth, but Utah frustrates Golden State more.

* San Antonio is older.

* Lakers are currently too young. And even if they land some veteran free agents, this team is never going to be loved like past Lakers unless there are multiple rings.

Not to say that winning multiple rings with the Jazz shouldn't be a goal either. But, 2 rings with the Jazz mean more to Utah than 2 rings with the Lakers.

* Portland's asset management just isn't great. And they have struggled against the Warriors.

* The Jazz have proven more than the Clippers.

* If compared to going to Indiana, why wait until the Finals to take out the Warriors? Take them out sooner!