• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC Thread

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to make any predictions in this post but I am going to give my thoughts about each team.

Washington - UW has some very talented freshmen coming in again this year and should be one of the more talented teams in the conference once again. The question is whether Romar can get them playing on a high level. UW hasn't made the NCAAT since 2010-2011 and hasn't been because of a lack of talent.

Washingotn State - Cougars have some key players back from a team that went 1-17 in the PAC. Cougars needs to show improvement this year it could be Kent's last season as HC.

Oregon - Oregon has very good (although not elite) talent, experience and good coaching. This has all the signs of a banner season for Oregon basketball. The question is how far can this team go without a truly elite player. They have a lot of good college players but nobody who stands out and will be a first rounder.

Oregon State - Tinkle is a great coach and is recruiting pretty well. The Beavers are going to be a tough out from now on.

California - Coach Martin has lured in top talent to Berkley over the last few years and Cal should, once again, be a contender in the PAC.

Stanford - The Johnny Dawkins era is over in Stanford and it will be interesting to see what new coach Jerod Haase does. He has a lot of experienced players coming back and Stanford could be a surprise team this year.

UCLA - The Bruins took their lumps last year but now they return Alford, Hamilton, Holiday and Walsh while bringing in Leaf and Ball. Coach Alford needs to get more out of his team this year or it may be his last year at UCLA.

USC - It finally came together for Enfeld at USC last year but I expect a slight dip this year. I don't know if they have the depth to challenge in the PAC 12 this year.

Arizona - Arizona remains the gold standard of west coast basketball. They continue to recruit at an elite level but after losing in the first round, there's a lot of pressure on Sean Miller this year. He has probably the most talented team in the conference but they are very young.

Arizona State - We'll see what coach Bobby Hurley can do in his 2nd year at the helm. I don't think they have enough to move to the upper half of the PAC right now.

Colorado - Colorado will get a boost with Xavier Johnson coming back this year to join King, Fortune, and Gordon. Boyle is a very good coach and he'll get the most out of the Buffaloes.

Utah - There's going to be a lot of new faces at Utah this year including transfers who won't be eligible until December. Utah will have to find some chemistry in the non-conference in order to compete in the PAC. If any coach could pull this off (besides Altman who was the transfer King), it would be Larry K.

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appreciate the comments from Tempe! BH will get better and better! ASU recruitment is on the rise

kistek

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to make any predictions in this post but I am going to give my thoughts about each team.

Colorado - Colorado will get a boost with Xavier Johnson coming back this year to join King, Fortune, and Gordon. Boyle is a very good coach and he'll get the most out of the Buffaloes.

Not enough love for Colorado, iyam. ;)