• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

scuttlebutt

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,350.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, well just let us curb stomp you one last time before Falk goes to the NFL and we become the doormat again please.
As long as the pirate's there, you'll have an offense that keeps the Cougs out of the bottom tier of the conference.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as the pirate's there, you'll have an offense that keeps the Cougs out of the bottom tier of the conference.

Ya, but his offense has shown to do dick when the weather is bad and losing our d line coach will kill our defense. No Samoans=Paul Wulff's defenses.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but also kinda keeps them from being in the top tier often too. more likely stuck in the middle

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but also kinda keeps them from being in the top tier often too. more likely stuck in the middle

Wazzu will always have a tough time being in the top tier of the conference for an extended period of time; It's not an easy place to recruit to. Leach has done a very nice job there though. 13-5 over the last 2 years in the PAC.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like the former USC kicker Boermeester is seeking to have his expulsion reversed. But some of the evidence is slowly leaking out. The gf text the people investigating worried that he would find out she filed a complaint. She described how he acted with her. To me this is typical behavior in an abusive relationship. The woman first tells whats happening and then later rationalizes it in her head ( I provoked him, He wouldn't have done it if I didn't make him, he's not that bad, he really does love me, I know how he is and I still love him)

Former USC kicker Matt Boermeester filed a petition to overturn his expulsion. The most interesting part seems to be USC’s response. It says Zoe Katz, Boermeester’s girl friend,described previous abuse a part of an “ ‘on and off’ again relationship” with Boermeester.

USC says Katz expressed fear of Boermeester’s reaction to her original statement in a text message to a Title IX investigator. At that point, Boermeester was not aware a report had been made.

”He can’t know I made a statement,” one text read from Katz read, according to the filing. “Can you not tell him I made a statement.”

USC’s filing said Katz told investigators she “often had bruises on her legs or arms” from Boermeester, who “would hit her or grab her tightly when he was angry.”

“She reported that the physical contact and become ‘more often and more hurtful’ and that bruising had become more commonplace recently because Petitioner had become ‘more angry,” the filing read. “She said that when she did not do what Petitioner wanted, she would get bruised.”

Read Boermeester’s petition here. Read USC’s response here.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like the former USC kicker Boermeester is seeking to have his expulsion reversed. But some of the evidence is slowly leaking out. The gf text the people investigating worried that he would find out she filed a complaint. She described how he acted with her. To me this is typical behavior in an abusive relationship. The woman first tells whats happening and then later rationalizes it in her head ( I provoked him, He wouldn't have done it if I didn't make him, he's not that bad, he really does love me, I know how he is and I still love him)

Former USC kicker Matt Boermeester filed a petition to overturn his expulsion. The most interesting part seems to be USC’s response. It says Zoe Katz, Boermeester’s girl friend,described previous abuse a part of an “ ‘on and off’ again relationship” with Boermeester.

USC says Katz expressed fear of Boermeester’s reaction to her original statement in a text message to a Title IX investigator. At that point, Boermeester was not aware a report had been made.

”He can’t know I made a statement,” one text read from Katz read, according to the filing. “Can you not tell him I made a statement.”

USC’s filing said Katz told investigators she “often had bruises on her legs or arms” from Boermeester, who “would hit her or grab her tightly when he was angry.”

“She reported that the physical contact and become ‘more often and more hurtful’ and that bruising had become more commonplace recently because Petitioner had become ‘more angry,” the filing read. “She said that when she did not do what Petitioner wanted, she would get bruised.”

Read Boermeester’s petition here. Read USC’s response here.

Read about it this morning. It's a weird situation. Apparently there is also security camera footage that seems to confirm what Boormeester and Katz said that it was "loud, consensual horseplay and laughing."

On the other hand, a witness says that Katz was crying after the incident.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And even the 'crying' doesn't mean he was abusing her. How many times have we heard it from our parents or said it to our own children, 'you guys better stop horsing around before someone gets hurt'.

Just after reading what Jim wrote, sadly it looks like the Title IX has taken the right course of action here.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN has just aired a segment on 'Building the Perfect QB', since this is the year of the Quarterback in College Football according to ESPN magazine.

So they broke up Quarterback attributes:
  • Vision
  • Arm Strength
  • Accuracy
  • Legs
Two PAC QB's made the list...
  • Vision: Sam Darnold, USC
An ability to create, but also hangs in the pocket while quickly going through his progressions while seeing the whole field. Compared LY Darnold to Andrew Luck's first year.​
  • Arm Strength: Josh Allen, Wyoming
Kind of the unknown guy, but he is the most physically gifted of all 4 quarterbacks on the list. He will make decision like throwing across his body on the run into tight windows on the run for TD's. Compared to a young Big Ben.​
  • Accuracy: Josh Rosen, UCLA
Really good footwork, does a good job of leading receiver to an open spot. Keeps feet in a good base spot & ready to pull the trigger in balance to make good throws when the receiver pops open with good timing.​
  • Legs: Lamar Jackson, Louisville
An explosive & dynamic runner at the QB position in well over a decade. He make defenders miss and has an elite burst. Compared to Mike Vick.
Commentary by ESPN College Football Analyst, Todd McShay.

Last edited:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read about it this morning. It's a weird situation. Apparently there is also security camera footage that seems to confirm what Boormeester and Katz said that it was "loud, consensual horseplay and laughing."

Yeah crazy stuff. But I still think if she felt like a statement saying he did bruise her and abuse her was needed pretty soon after people were called then she cant' be trusted when later she says nothing bad going on there. I think they have one of those relationships where he does what he does , she gets up set is ashamed of the bruises and marks but then goes back to him saying she loves him. You can't save her when she willingly goes back but you can get that away fromthe program so that one time something bad happens they can't be liable.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's your teams best path to the PAC12 CCG this year?

I think it would be interesting to hear from different PAC12er on how they see their teams schedule play out so their team makes it to this years PAC12 CCG!

I'll start off with the Bruins of course but please keep in mind, admittedly this scenario is not very likely, rather a likely best case scenario, otherwise what's the point in presenting a path to the CCG in the first place?

I don't think anyone ever sees a scenario where their beloved school backs in as we have seen from time to time.

So without further ado, here's this fans take on the...

2017 UCLA Bruins

No disrespect to Colorado, but this scenario is on the side of hope, right? So if the Bruins can manage to get past @Stanford in their first Conference game of the Season, they're could be set up for a meeting of two 6-0, 3-0 PAC12 teams to meet in Washington on October 28th.

That would be epic!

Yes I am looking past a few good teams, but hear me out. Oregon will be playing it's second road game in as many weeks when they come to the Rose Bowl with the first @Stanford, so here's hoping they are road weary coming in.

Colorado could prove to be a stumbling block for not only the Bruins but for UW too jeopardizing the likely meeting of two top 15 teams on 10/28. Them Dawgs should be favored even on the road vs the Buffs so I'll give them the nod, but they will require all of CMM's attention for sure, so there will be no looking ahead to the Bruins for the following week they travel to the Rose Bowl. Yes the Bruins will have to beat some good teams to get to the 6-0, 3-0 mark by 10/28 like TAM and STAN, even Memphis, but if they do get past those schools, it sets up the meeting with the Buffs well for a rolling Bruins squad if indeed they are 4-0, 1-0 by 9/30.

Yeah, I know them Bruins only won just 4 games last year, but I do see the schedule sets up well for them provided they come away with wins vs TAM & STAN primarily to gather some momentum @Washington.

Hey, in that game I would love to come away with a win, but I would settle with a good showing if this scenario does prove to be the road to the CCG.

Getting a win in Utah could be the biggest challenge of the year in this scenario because it's the back end of the Bruins back to back road games, but this is the Bruins road to the CCG, right? So they win a thriller!

Then the Bruins roll the Cats and get ready for the Battle of LA at the Coliseum. There is a very good chance them Trojans could be 10-1 going into that match with their only loss OOC with the way their schedule is this year. (OOC Texas should be an easy win & they skip UW and Ore. Wash St on the road should be their toughest test in Conference coming into the Battle of LA)

Of course this being the Bruins best shot at making it to the PAC12 CCG, the Bruins win the top 10 match-up paring the 9-1, 6-1 Bruins against the 10-1, 8-0 Trojans! I'm sure that those two 1 loss teams would provide us all another 'one for the books' and a great game to watch for years!

Then it will be great for this fan to watch all the Trojan fans hoping that a struggling Cal comes up with the upset vs UCLA so they could back in the following week. Yes, I will be nervous the whole week if this scenario plays out, but what a hell of a season and I'll nervously love every minute until the Bruins lock up the South with a win in the Rose Bowl vs Cal.

So tell me how your schedule plays out, and the challenges your team faces along the way in a scenario that gets you to the CCG.

If you have the time to give it some thought & type it all out, I would love to hear it!

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif