• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Even without the recent history. Stanford is a very good team that can beat anyone in the conference.

Stanford is in for a huge dog fight for third in the north this year.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford is in for a huge dog fight for third in the north this year.
Could be, but I think the defense, at least the back 7, may be the best they have ever had.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOOF!!!! BAMMM!!! WOOF!!!!

The Huskies received their second commitment for the class of 2019 today when Rainer Beach 4-star OL, Nathaniel Kalepo gave the nod to Coach Petersen and co.

Kalepo chose the Huskies over UCLA and Oregon, after having visited each school unofficially.

Nate is related to former Husky DT Danny Shelton so great to keep this legacy recruit home and keep that poly pipeline strong.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be, but I think the defense, at least the back 7, may be the best they have ever had.

Ya, well just let us curb stomp you one last time before Falk goes to the NFL and we become the doormat again please.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, well just let us curb stomp you one last time before Falk goes to the NFL and we become the doormat again please.
Well the game is in Pullman, so it is quite likely you will get your wish.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the game is in Pullman, so it is quite likely you will get your wish.
And falk will indeed be leaving so the last part of his prediction is also quite likely.

:suds:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here comes the kiss of death from Mel.:gaah:

ESPN NFL analyst Mel Kiper Jr. revealed his picks for the College Football Playoff and national championship during an ESPN Radio segment this week with analyst Dari Nowkhah.

The veteran draft guru believes a talented team from out West will emerge as a national darkhorse and upend ACC champ Florida State in the national title game.

"I'm going with the Washington Huskies to win the national championship," Kiper Jr. said. "I look at that team with (Jake) Browning, a really good college quarterback. They've got the coach (Chris Petersen). They've got studs up front. They've got speed at linebacker ... I don't see any other team in (college football) that really wows me.

"Can you just recreate stars at Alabama? Where's the pass-rush going to come from?"

RELATED: Projecting Monday's Preseason AP Top 25 Rankings

Kiper projects Ohio State as the No. 2 seed, Florida State at No. 3 and Auburn at No. 4.

"I like offensive line play, that's key, and it got down to Auburn and Oklahoma State for me," Kiper Jr. said. "I think this is Auburn's year with (Jarrett) Stidham at quarterback to get it done."

Nowkhah isn't as high on the Seminoles. He says FSU's offensive line isn't good enough to protect quarterback Deondre Francois throughout the season, though admits Jimbo Fisher's squad is one of the most talented teams in college football.

Nowkhah's final four is Alabama, Ohio State, Oklahoma State and Washington. Two-loss Clemson will be left out of the Playoff as the ACC champion, Nowkhah projects, and he believes Nick Saban will win another one.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ESPN NFL analyst Mel Kiper Jr. revealed his picks for the College Football Playoff and national championship during an ESPN Radio segment this week with analyst Dari Nowkhah.

The veteran draft guru believes a talented team from out West will emerge as a national darkhorse and upend ACC champ Florida State in the national title game.

"I'm going with the Washington Huskies to win the national championship," Kiper Jr. said. "I look at that team with (Jake) Browning, a really good college quarterback. They've got the coach (Chris Petersen). They've got studs up front. They've got speed at linebacker ... I don't see any other team in (college football) that really wows me.

"Can you just recreate stars at Alabama? Where's the pass-rush going to come from?"

Kiper projects Ohio State as the No. 2 seed, Florida State at No. 3 and Auburn at No. 4.

"I like offensive line play, that's key, and it got down to Auburn and Oklahoma State for me," Kiper Jr. said. "I think this is Auburn's year with (Jarrett) Stidham at quarterback to get it done."

Nowkhah isn't as high on the Seminoles. He says FSU's offensive line isn't good enough to protect quarterback Deondre Francois throughout the season, though admits Jimbo Fisher's squad is one of the most talented teams in college football.

Nowkhah's final four is Alabama, Ohio State, Oklahoma State and Washington. Two-loss Clemson will be left out of the Playoff as the ACC champion, Nowkhah projects, and he believes Nick Saban will win another one.

:heh: You guys are fucked.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bama still has the past four years worth of #1 recruiting classes. I don't know their names but I doubt theres a team out there with the same amount of talent and depth on both lines. I think Hurts isn't the QB that we have out here in the PAC , if he was it would be game over.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SALT LAKE CITY — Sophomore Tyler Huntley was named 25th-ranked Utah’s starting quarterback on Monday. He’ll make his first collegiate start Aug. 31 at Rice-Eccles Stadium against North Dakota.

Utah coach Kyle Whittingham announced in the program’s weekly press release Monday that Huntley tops the pecking order following a lengthy competition with senior Troy Williams, who has made 13 consecutive starts for the Utes, and Alabama transfer Cooper Bateman. Williams is listed as the backup and Bateman is No. 3.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SALT LAKE CITY — Sophomore Tyler Huntley was named 25th-ranked Utah’s starting quarterback on Monday. He’ll make his first collegiate start Aug. 31 at Rice-Eccles Stadium against North Dakota.

Utah coach Kyle Whittingham announced in the program’s weekly press release Monday that Huntley tops the pecking order following a lengthy competition with senior Troy Williams, who has made 13 consecutive starts for the Utes, and Alabama transfer Cooper Bateman. Williams is listed as the backup and Bateman is No. 3.
I didn't see that coming. I figured Troy had the starting spot locked up.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
P6fahqO.jpg

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 10 is where you want to be. Love it. 8 gives us a lucky number to start off with.
And tickets booked last night so I will be watching the Huskies Rutgers game from moms tv on Oahu a few hours after landing. Aloha Woof!!!

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#8 is the highest Huskies opening AP ranking in 20 years.

This is also the 3rd time in history that the Cougs make the opening AP top 25.

Props to both the hires of Petersen and Leach. Both are getting it done for their programs.

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see that coming. I figured Troy had the starting spot locked up.

I Know the team players select the captains, but I figured something was up with the coaches decision
when they didn't name Williams the starter after the team made him a captain. All the radio stations even said something doesn't feel right. So we kinda had in the back of our minds I think Huntley is going to be picked the starter. I'm happy with their choice, Huntley is good.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I Know the team players select the captains, but I figured something was up with the coaches decision
when they didn't name Williams the starter after the team made him a captain. All the radio stations even said something doesn't feel right. So we kinda had in the back of our minds I think Huntley is going to be picked the starter. I'm happy with their choice, Huntley is good.
That new OC from EWU must have not liked what he saw with Troy. I figured Troy would have fit into his offense.