• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL scouts are retarded. If any of those receivers can go in the first round then Marks should've gone in the first round.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOve Juju but I think if I'm an NFL team him getting injured what seems like every year would worry me. It's never been a season ending injury but it feels like half his games he's playing hurt. You want a kid to be tough but you hope he doesn't have that issue in the NFL

Agree. He did seem to have a tendency to play that up a bit too. There were a lot of games where it seemed like he was in and out of the game every few plays because of being hurt. After awhile, it's either stay on the field or stay out.

He has the build and skills to be a great possession receiver in the NFL, but he's got to be able to stay on the field to do that.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. He did seem to have a tendency to play that up a bit too. There were a lot of games where it seemed like he was in and out of the game every few plays because of being hurt. After awhile, it's either stay on the field or stay out.

He has the build and skills to be a great possession receiver in the NFL, but he's got to be able to stay on the field to do that.

Yup. That got frustrating. I think Darius Rodgers is going to make a team happy. He's so strong when he's one on one with someone. How many times did he grab a ball that the DB had a better chance to get on a crucial play.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. That got frustrating. I think Darius Rodgers is going to make a team happy. He's so strong when he's one on one with someone. How many times did he grab a ball that the DB had a better chance to get on a crucial play.

Yeah, seems like he was always coming up with a big catch when we needed it. Adoree and Juju got most of the attention (deservedly), but I thought Rodgers was just as important to USC's success.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, seems like he was always coming up with a big catch when we needed it. Adoree and Juju got most of the attention (deservedly), but I thought Rodgers was just as important to USC's success.

Yeah, while Juju was coming in and out it was Rodgers and Burnette keeping the drives going and without those two USC doesn't win 10 games.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, while Juju was coming in and out it was Rodgers and Burnette keeping the drives going and without those two USC doesn't win 10 games.

By the end of the season, I think Burnette may have been Darnold's favorite receiver. Really looking forward to what those 2 do this coming season.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of people had Kevin King going in the first so he wont be on the board long I bet.
A couple of people who cover GB think they are going King with the first pick tonight. It's no secret that CB is a huge need for the Seahawks with the second pick tonight, but I think they have 3-4 CB's graded near the same.

I'd bet King won't stay on the board long either way.

Baker is hard to judge. He's an athlete that can play safety, nickle, or even on offense. Sure he's small, but that doesn't seem to scare teams anymore. It really comes down to team need. I wouldn't mind if Seattle took him with the 26th pick tonight, but don't waste your 1st pick tonight on him. I would be kind of surprised to see him still available at 26.

Jones will slip well down because he's not going to be available until sometime after the season starts and there are still solid CB's left on the board that aren't injured. Most unfortunate because he's got the talent to play at the next level.

There are quite a few Pac12 kids to watch tonight. King isn't the only CB from the conf either as that kid from Colorado is also talked about as a potential Seahawks interest. It wasn't a bad night overall for the Pac. 6 kids out of 32 isn't horrible, but there is some solid talent still on the boards.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of people who cover GB think they are going King with the first pick tonight. It's no secret that CB is a huge need for the Seahawks with the second pick tonight, but I think they have 3-4 CB's graded near the same.

I'd bet King won't stay on the board long either way.

Baker is hard to judge. He's an athlete that can play safety, nickle, or even on offense. Sure he's small, but that doesn't seem to scare teams anymore. It really comes down to team need. I wouldn't mind if Seattle took him with the 26th pick tonight, but don't waste your 1st pick tonight on him. I would be kind of surprised to see him still available at 26.

Jones will slip well down because he's not going to be available until sometime after the season starts and there are still solid CB's left on the board that aren't injured. Most unfortunate because he's got the talent to play at the next level.

There are quite a few Pac12 kids to watch tonight. King isn't the only CB from the conf either as that kid from Colorado is also talked about as a potential Seahawks interest. It wasn't a bad night overall for the Pac. 6 kids out of 32 isn't horrible, but there is some solid talent still on the boards.
Ding ding ding.lol. good call

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL is so ghey, drafting scrubs who looked good in the underwear Olympics but didn't have the skills Marks does.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PAC12 players taken:

1st round
DL Solomon Thomas (Stanford): No. 3 overall pick - 49ers

RB Christian McCaffrey (Stanford): No. 8 overall pick - Panthers
WR John Ross (Washington): No. 9 overall pick - Bengals
CB Adoree' Jackson (USC): No. 18 overall pick - Titans
OT Garrett Bolles (Utah): No. 20 overall pick - Broncos

DL Takkarist McKinley (UCLA): No. 26 overall pick - Falcons

2nd round
CB Kevin King (Washington): 33 - Packers
S Budda Baker (Washington): 36 - Cardinals
S Marcus Williams (Utah): 42 - Saints
CB Sidney Jones (Washington): 43 - Eagles
CB Chidobe Awuzie (Colorado): 60 - Cowboys
WR JuJu Smith-Schuster (USC): 62 - Steelers

3rd round
CB Ahkello Witherspoon (Colorado): 66 - 49ers
CB Fabian Moreau (UCLA): 81 - Washington
QB Davis Webb (Cal): 87 - Giants
DT Eddie Vanderdoes (UCLA): 88 - Raiders

Don't think I missed anyone and got that all right. So any picks stick out?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PAC12 players taken:

1st round
DL Solomon Thomas (Stanford): No. 3 overall pick - 49ers
RB Christian McCaffrey (Stanford): No. 8 overall pick - Panthers
WR John Ross (Washington): No. 9 overall pick - Bengals
CB Adoree' Jackson (USC): No. 18 overall pick - Titans
OT Garrett Bolles (Utah): No. 20 overall pick - Broncos

DL Takkarist McKinley (UCLA): No. 26 overall pick - Falcons

2nd round
CB Kevin King (Washington): 33 - Packers
S Budda Baker (Washington): 36 - Cardinals
S Marcus Williams (Utah): 42 - Saints
CB Sidney Jones (Washington): 43 - Eagles
CB Chidobe Awuzie (Colorado): 60 - Cowboys
WR JuJu Smith-Schuster (USC): 62 - Steelers

3rd round
CB Ahkello Witherspoon (Colorado): 66 - 49ers
CB Fabian Moreau (UCLA): 81 - Washington
QB Davis Webb (Cal): 87 - Giants
DT Eddie Vanderdoes (UCLA): 88 - Raiders

Don't think I missed anyone and got that all right. So any picks stick out?

For a conference that gets bashed for the defense , eleven out of sixteen defensive picks is a good sign.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks just took S Tedric Thompson from Colorado in the 4th. Love that pick. He's a beast in the secondary and could get playing time at the nickel and be a backup to Thomas if he works hard enough.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then build a bigger stadium.
oh yeah so simple makes perfect sense. thats the answer to everything.

I would still take knowing that a smaller stadium was at 103% of capacity and people turned away over seeing a bigger stadium with empty seats.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
worlds already full of pussies oly, don't add to the number.
the article was about teams first losses. since the article suggested oregon's first loss was after those, Stanford, why would i list a team that comes way later? I was pointing out they believe Oregon will beat teams like Neb, Cal and WSU who beat them last year. learn how to fucking read.
worlds also full of stupid people apparently you are already among them.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah had 7 guys drafted last season and 8 this season. That's a shitload.