• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trey Lowe- Top offensive player in the state of Oregon Commits to the Huskys.

Trey Lowe, Jesuit 4-star athlete, commits to Washington Huskies over Ducks, Beavers

22301953-mmmain.jpg

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO Seattle is exactly the type of team that can't go after Jones. They have a very pressing need for a CB RIGHT DAMNED NOW! They have struggled with the opposite side of Sherman for a couple of seasons now and solid teams have been taking full advantage of it. They have no option for that side going into the draft.

I could see them going after Kevin King from the Huskies, but not Jones.

Isn't that what has kind of been said from get go that King is the better fit than Jones for the Hawks defense? I wouldn't mind them drafting both Mutts in Baker and King with their first two picks.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he's 5'9" 174 lbs. So you may be right.lol. he's gonna be hard to see back there. And if he's listed at 5'9"I
I'm willing to bet he's closer to 5'7"
I've never been one to trumpet the build a wall mentality. I'd much rather have a kid from out of state that really wants to be there than a kid that only enrolled because those around him pressured h him to stay local.

That said the kid looks talented and the Ducks could probably use him. Dunno what kind of system the new coaching staff is planning to run though so. :noidea:

For his height maybe he'll hit a growth spurt in his senior year...

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he's 5'9" 174 lbs. So you may be right.lol. he's gonna be hard to see back there. And if he's listed at 5'9"I
I'm willing to bet he's closer to 5'7"
Napoleon Kaufman was 5'9". Just saying. :whistle:

Pretty sure no team in the Pac10 ever saw him back there.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats what i'm saying. It's hard for D linemen to see these small quick RBs.
Nap was a hell of a returner as well. I don't believe he got many carries their championship season it was all return duty, but he was electric doing it. So even when they could see him clearly from across the field, they couldn't catch him.

I'll never forget the whammy in miami when UW went in and destroyed their 58 home game winning streak and Kaufman was a factor in that game as well.

Corey Dillon might be the most dominating RB the school ever had, but none are more beloved than Kaufman. Partially because Dillon didn't have much personality and was only there for one season.

Different era now though. Stanford plays a more throwback running game, but few do. We are in the big passing era. Dillon had over 2,000 all purpose yards in 11 games. Kaufman had 1,390 rushing yards his last year in 11 games. Last season Gaskin had 1,373 yards in 14 games.

Not sure if we found another Kaufman level back if they could keep up the pace of that era. Has Petersen ever had a dominating run game? He's pretty much known for balance, but pushing the passing game first.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nap was a hell of a returner as well. I don't believe he got many carries their championship season it was all return duty, but he was electric doing it. So even when they could see him clearly from across the field, they couldn't catch him.

I'll never forget the whammy in miami when UW went in and destroyed their 58 home game winning streak and Kaufman was a factor in that game as well.

Corey Dillon might be the most dominating RB the school ever had, but none are more beloved than Kaufman. Partially because Dillon didn't have much personality and was only there for one season.

Different era now though. Stanford plays a more throwback running game, but few do. We are in the big passing era. Dillon had over 2,000 all purpose yards in 11 games. Kaufman had 1,390 rushing yards his last year in 11 games. Last season Gaskin had 1,373 yards in 14 games.

Not sure if we found another Kaufman level back if they could keep up the pace of that era. Has Petersen ever had a dominating run game? He's pretty much known for balance, but pushing the passing game first.

Didnt Kaufman have some serious thighs or was that just when he was with the Raiders. Its one thing to be shiffty but in the pros they need to be able to break out of some tackles.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Great news after the departure of Bush Hamdan to the NFL. New WR coach, Matt Lubick, gets his first commit.

4-star WR Marquis Spiker (Murrieta, CA) has committed to Washington. Had offers from 10 PAC schools and Michigan. Had 100 catches for 1700 yds last year. 6'3" and great speed. :suds:

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford adds their 112th national title to the case, now trailing UCLA by 1.

Ponder that, of the 480+ national titles in the conference of champions, 2 schools have accounted for 225 of them. /team PAC feels.