• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you mean start and from now on? Utah has recruited and developed the in-state Poly's for decades. They've had the best D-line every year in the PAC already, it's the offense that has severely lacked. USC should know since their best D-lineman this year was a backup at Utah.
Sorry. Just doesnt feel like Utahs been in the PAC that long compared to how long Ive been following USC. No disrespect meant. But I am right that you guys need to start getting the top ones to not go to USC or Washington or BYU.
A good defense will keep you in games.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Ducks may have just lost another top tier recruit from the state of Oregon. I'll remember the player and post the link when I'm home. Leonor was a big pick up for Oregon last cycle. But they're losing a lot of in state talent too
meh 4 star Ath to ND. but its Feb. Ive never been all that upset about getting players from in state vs getting the best players for to fit the system and the team no matter where they come from

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
meh 4 star Ath to ND. but its Feb. Ive never been all that upset about getting players from in state vs getting the best players for to fit the system and the team no matter where they come from
I wasn't thrilled he gave ND a verbal he could also flip too tho theres a lot of time. But it seems like a lot of in state talent is being targeted. I know SC offered Chase Cota who I believe is a duck legacy.And they did get Tuipulota .The states other top two prospects Molden chose Udubs . The third chose Oregon state. I know it's taggerts first year but that class leaves the impression. The ducks are going to need to bounce back from last season.And show improvement to boost their recruiting. I did think Lenoir was a major pick up for Oregon he's going to be a bright spot. He actually reminds me a lot of Adoree. He looked pretty good in the army bowl.Especially in the return game.

RoyUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 71,368.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can agree with that and the Utes always make me nervous. Tu'ikolovatu was a Utah transfer. That paid major dividends for SC.There were also quite a few in state recruits that committed to out of state universities this cycle too tho. Tufele was a major piece for SC. Do you see that pipeline opening up. Or do you feel it was just the way things fell this year?
Agree that Tufele was a big pickup for SC, that's about the only position group that you guy's aren't absolutely loaded at. Do I see the pipeline opening up for USC in Utah? It seems the top talent has always gone to out of state schools.

RoyUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 71,368.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry. Just doesnt feel like Utahs been in the PAC that long compared to how long Ive been following USC. No disrespect meant. But I am right that you guys need to start getting the top ones to not go to USC or Washington or BYU.
A good defense will keep you in games.
They do need to get the best to stay home. Porter Gustin would have been great to have at LB this year since Utah lost all their starters from last year and had to play a bunch of inexperienced guys, as well as, not having much depth there. I would have liked to see them get Tufele this year but they got a good JUCO transfer and they have Star and Lowell's younger brother committed right now and he should stick. The D-line is the only position group I never worry about with Utah (regardless of the star rank of the guy's they get).

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a shock that is your answer. It's pretty much all your fans hold onto isn't it? UW just came out of the worst stretch of football in all of it's history and still have gone to 10 bowl games since 2000. WSU has gone to a total of 11 in my entire lifetime. Hell, UW has won 15 over that same span, more or less nearly tripling up your total appearances. Since '75 their total number of losing seasons is 7. WSU over that same span? 24. TWENTY FOUR losing seasons over that span. That's called futility. That would make anyone turn to another sport for comfort. That's not just bad, that's fucking unbearably bad. I honestly don't blame coug fans for being so jaded and so pissed off at other schools that have had success. The jealously is entirely understandable.

Eh, going to exhibitions is over rated. Ya, you guys have been to more bowl games, have half a more title to show for it...but we've never gone defeated for an entire season.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, going to exhibitions is over rated. Ya, you guys have been to more bowl games, have half a more title to show for it...but we've never gone defeated for an entire season.
I'll take our history, where we play our games, and the excitement of UW football overall vs anything that has ever been passed off as coug football over it's entire history.

And so would every other fan of any team in the country if given those two options. And deep down you know it.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree that Tufele was a big pickup for SC, that's about the only position group that you guy's aren't absolutely loaded at. Do I see the pipeline opening up for USC in Utah? It seems the top talent has always gone to out of state schools.
Utah still always manages to put together very solid teams. Tbh out of all the PAC 12 schools aside from maybe Stanford. Utah has always been the game that scares me the most.For some reason they seem to have SC's number.And the games always feel like hell

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, forgot about him. Too bad he bailed. I liked him. Solid poster.
I was surprised he actually left. I thought he was just joking around.

SeeyouNT is usually around the PF during the off season. He's another great one.

I think OD is usually in the cooler or vacationing in the scenario village during the off season

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
break that down into rushing and passing…

BTW…OC JS torched the ducks during his entire career.

This guy?

th

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, Mamba, Shaver and we've seen a whole lot less of OD.

OD is at least funny and kept things entertaining. He can always post around here. The other two I dont miss in the slightest.

Mamba was not a good mod of this forum as he couldnt keep his bias in check and abused his powers. He made it really uncomfortable at times around here with his power trips and drove multiple posters away.

Anyone should have the right to post here if they follow the rules and doesnt make personal attacks. If he wants to post around here, thats fine. But at least for me, I dont miss his unstable behavior, drunk power trips, and veiled threats in the least when he had Mod status here.

I could go on about it for a lot longer, but thats all I wish to say on that matter.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OD is at least funny and kept things entertaining. He can always post around here. The other two I dont miss in the slightest.

Mamba was not a good mod of this forum as he couldnt keep his bias in check and abused his powers. He made it really uncomfortable at times around here with his power trips and drove multiple posters away.

Anyone should have the right to post here if they follow the rules and doesnt make personal attacks. If he wants to post around here, thats fine. But at least for me, I dont miss his unstable behavior, drunk power trips, and veiled threats in the least when he had Mod status here.

I could go on about it for pages, but thats all I wish to say on that matter.

Yeah, Mamba definitely went off the rails. To his credit though, he eventually figured it out and left on his own. As for OD, I love me some OD. He had some of the greatest, most entertaining threads ever. I was pissed when he got banned for awhile back when Mamba was around and still a mod.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This site was bursting with lil duckies when they were on a roll. It was more than just last season that led to the decline. The handwriting was on the wall the prior season as well. Of course there are less now. I mean duh.

Thankfully the only two ducks worth keeping haven't left yet. So there's that.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember the endless back and forth with Duck fans about the clear ( for everyone but those Duck fans) erosion of what got them and Kelly near the top?