• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huskys lose a football player to Rugby (sorta). Peterson does what them to follow their heart. lol. At least he waited till he was done with college. How good was he?

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/w...ue-rugby-instead-of-nfl-career-154435971.html
Started his career as a full back and didn't play much. Switched to rush end and made some plays. Got more playing time last year when Joe Mathis got hurt. He was a solid player, but undersized for an every down kind of guy,, even in college let alone the NFL. Guy has heart, he was fun to watch

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Started his career as a full back and didn't play much. Switched to rush end and made some plays. Got more playing time last year when Joe Mathis got hurt. He was a solid player, but undersized for an every down kind of guy,, even in college let alone the NFL. Guy has heart, he was fun to watch

He looks like a beast. I'm all for people following their heart. He will have a happy life following his dream.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

These early commits kinda scare me because they sometimes end up sitting on the sideline watching their friends get the love and at the end want to get some of that attention. But this kid is special and I hope he sticks and opens the eyes of other top players that USCs going to be up with the Alabamas , Ohio State, Florida State, Michigans for playoff and National title runs in the future. Even when Kiffin and Sark were here (who were great recruiters) I didnt see the emphasis on defense like this. I see the D line as not as strong as say Bama- LSU with the LBs and DBs just as good. I just dont think we have the same amount of big boys for the D line as they do down south so we gotta make due with a D line thats good not great but with edge rushers , linebackers and secondary thats top notch. With an offense that is better than what they have I think that makes for some really good matchups down the line.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These early commits kinda scare me because they sometimes end up sitting on the sideline watching their friends get the love and at the end want to get some of that attention. But this kid is special and I hope he sticks and opens the eyes of other top players that USCs going to be up with the Alabamas , Ohio State, Florida State, Michigans for playoff and National title runs in the future. Even when Kiffin and Sark were here (who were great recruiters) I didnt see the emphasis on defense like this. I see the D line as not as strong as say Bama- LSU with the LBs and DBs just as good. I just dont think we have the same amount of big boys for the D line as they do down south so we gotta make due with a D line thats good not great but with edge rushers , linebackers and secondary thats top notch. With an offense that is better than what they have I think that makes for some really good matchups down the line.

Yeah, I don't really get too excited about early commits. It's not as if they stop being contacted by other schools and as you say, sometimes they start to miss that attention that they see other recruits still receiving.

To be fair to Kiffin and Sark, they were recruiting under sanctions that Helton isn't and often had to make a choice on which recruits to offer because they just didn't have the schollies. Being offensive minded coaches, they typically went with the offensive player.

I'd like to see us beef up the d-line as well. We may not get guys like they get at Bama, tOSU, etc., but if, as you say, we can be good on the d-line, but matchup everywhere else on defense and have a better offense, that will put us on equal footing overall.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't really get too excited about early commits. It's not as if they stop being contacted by other schools and as you say, sometimes they start to miss that attention that they see other recruits still receiving.

To be fair to Kiffin and Sark, they were recruiting under sanctions that Helton isn't and often had to make a choice on which recruits to offer because they just didn't have the schollies. Being offensive minded coaches, they typically went with the offensive player.

I'd like to see us beef up the d-line as well. We may not get guys like they get at Bama, tOSU, etc., but if, as you say, we can be good on the d-line, but matchup everywhere else on defense and have a better offense, that will put us on equal footing overall.
I'm never comfortable until the LOI's are signed. But I do like that it appears SC is looking like they will be offering Gaoteote that #55. And you know the tradition and history that number holds. Its not a number that is just given out at SC. I actually love what they are doing with the defense.

Pili is a big boy I could see him taking up two blockers just off his size.If he reaches his full potential. With the additions of Tuipulotu,Tufele and Echols. Its not going to be easy for opposing offensive lines. To make adjustments to cover that line. Lichtenstein may also be another wild card in that mix.

If they are able to sign next years verbals SC may have a very deep group of elite linebackers..And they are still in the hunt for what is regarded as the second best LB in Tuliaupupu Levi Jones was a steal this year imo. Add Gaoteaote to the mix. Along with Calvert and Scott. Thats a LB pool that carries a lot of lateral speed,physicality and a nose for the ball.

The secondary is looking pretty impressive as well. While a lot of people focused on adoree. I think a lot of people missed how good Marshall is. He's working very hard and that work has shown. While I would love to see him play out his two years.He may have one left. Jack Jones getting playing time was a plus. And if he pans out he could be special. I think Greg Johnson will play CB and could very well be an elite corner. Who's signing may have given SC the inside track on Marcus Johnson. And it also looks like they are very well in play for
Isaac Stuart-Taylor who I would love to see sign with SC. SC may arguably the best upcoming safety tandem in the country.Bubba Bolden and Isaiah Pola-Mao.Are both ball hawking safeties with size. Both have big play ability.And both are just straight up nasty when they hit.

I also think they add to the offense. With 2 high calibre QB's on the table. And a good chance to add what may be the top passing QB in 2019. I believe Sewell was on campus which is a big target for the O Line.And they are also still very much in the running for top tier WR's Jalen Hall as well as Amon-Ra. ST Brown.

There's still a long way to go before next years signing day.As far as verbals and potential recruits. And we still have to see how this years class pans out. But I have to say what Helton and the SC staff has been doing. Has been absolutely amazing. I definitely like the direction they have the program moving in.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9636496-ncaa-football-california-at-southern-california-850x560.jpeg

USC Football: Sam Darnold Oddsmaker’s Favorite To Win Heisman

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huskies got their new WR coach and he'll be co-OC as well. Solid west coast history.

Washington coach Chris Petersen has filled the opening on his staff, hiring former Oregon offensive coordinator Matt Lubick as the Huskies’ new co-offensive coordinator and wide receivers coach, the school announced Wednesday.

As co-offensive coordinator, Lubick reunites with UW offensive coordinator Jonathan Smith. Lubick was an assistant coach at Oregon State in 1999-2000 when Smith was the Beavers’ starting quarterback.

Lubick spent the past four seasons on the staff at Oregon, the first three as wide receivers coach. He was promoted as offensive coordinator in 2016, and the Ducks finished the season ranked No. 15 nationally in total offense, despite turning to a true freshman quarterback midway through the season and starting four freshmen on the offensive line.

Lubick has also coached at Cal State Northridge (1996), San Jose State (1997-98), Oregon State (1999-2000), Colorado State (2001-04), Ole Miss (2005-06), Arizona State (2007-09) and Duke (2010-12).

Last edited:

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wore my Ducks jersey every Saturday and Cards Jersey every Sunday last fall, so say what you will.
Who wears jersey's after 30? phukin losers!

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF I had to make a prediction right now, and it would not be based on any on field knowledge, I would say this...

South
1. USC
2. Utah
3. Colorado
4. Arizona
5. UCLA
6. Arizona State

North
1. Washington
2. Stanford
3. Washington State
4. Oregon
5. Oregon State
6. California
Utah's going to fly down and collect rent from USc this year and walk out with a win.

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I don't really get too excited about early commits.
then why did you post it ??????

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah's going to fly down and collect rent from USc this year and walk out with a win.

Having never won in LA maybe you should worry about getting out without paying first before trying to Collect......

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who wears jersey's after 30? phukin losers!
I feel sorry that you don't have enough faith in your teams to buy and proudly wear their jersey.