• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Oscar goes to.... Kobe Bryant

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also said "as far as we know." Which is true, we only know about the one incident and no other women have come forward with accusations.

Agree that the fact that he is unlikely to ever even be nominated again, let alone win, may be a factor as well.

I understand you weren't saying we knew it was only one time. My comment was saying that the "only" once wouldn't be received well even if it were his only. You don't get one time. But I don't really care about statements from everyone. People need to stay away from my wife and daughters and sister and mom, but I haven't gotten involved in the global movement or anything.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't watch the Oscars, ever, but I'm curious to know if the #MeTo crowd applauded when the rapist accepted his award?

but he didn't do anything.... His wife said soooooo................

66020e5769256db9cad4b12a0feb31ad.jpg

ba91a0e8ad728f38c77543a67d73c4a3--vanessa-bryant-kobe-bryant.jpg

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I'm a watcher of the Oscars, but the moment I turned on the Oscars was when they were showing this category, so it was pretty cool. The thing that got me was between his acceptance, and post show speech, I've never seen Kobe so gleefully overwhelmed by the moment of winning something

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see the Oscars or know he was even nominated, so, seeing this title, I expected a video of him flopping or something. I thought it was just an Oscar themed post from a Boston fan or something.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Hollywood is plagued right now with creepy dudes that are sexually assaulting women and KOBE gets an award? Priceless. Guess when you shoplift the booty, you get an award in Hollywood.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is up in arms about this. That should tell you something - stop being jealous of Kobe's various talents. He is now one of the greatest to ever lace them up AND an oscar winning writer.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess a jersey # change is all you need to shake off negative press

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And a big ring. Oh, and public apology. All she got was butt hurt and labeled a ho

Who only got labeled a ho? His accuser? Because she also got a big fat check...after saying it wasn't about money.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who only got labeled a ho? His accuser? Because she also got a big fat check...after saying it wasn't about money.

What about her pride, her reputation? She's probably got mild depression and severe trauma from the incident. Shame on Kobe. I can't believe Kobe has more Oscars than M. Night Shyamalan

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about her pride, her reputation? She's probably got mild depression and severe trauma from the incident. Shame on Kobe. I can't believe Kobe has more Oscars than M. Night Shyamalan

What about it? According to court documents they found semen from 2 different men in her underwear (Kobe and someone else) and the sample that wasn't from Kobe was newer. So she didn't bother to change her underwear after Kobe and then had sex with someone else.

Look, I'm not necessarily sticking up for Kobe and he certainly had no business cheating on his wife (another reason I've never really been a Kobe fan). But she does that, says it's not about money and then settles for money.

The reason I think there wasn't the backlash against him is because there was 1 incident for which he wasn't convicted and there have been zero additional accusations. Meanwhile, folks like Weinstein have a pattern of sexual assault that goes back decades and would still be happening if not for someone finally speaking up.

The sad part to me is that in Kobe's case one of 2 things happened (and we will likely never know which), either a man who was guilty of nothing more than adultery was put through a situation that all but destroyed his reputation and cost him millions of dollars in endorsements. Not to mention his wife being put through it.

Or

A young woman was raped and the only justice she got was money.

Neither sits well with me.