• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE OFFICIAL UNOFFICIAL STEELERS BS THREAD..PART 15

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I screwed the pooch on my D.....

Who would you keep..... Minnesota or Pittsburgh
D/ST... Taking my homer-glasses off first... Minnesota, hands-down. I have them top-5 in my preseason rankings. Great secondary coupled with a dominant pass-rush (ranked 5th last season in sacks with 41), hard to go wrong. They started off the '16 year as the hottest defense in the league and still ended up as the 3rd-best unit in terms of yards allowed. They have pro-bowlers at all 3 levels of their defense. DE Danielle Hunter is their best pass rusher, but OLB Anthony Barr & DE Everson Griffen are beasts in their own right. And they have a Casey-Hampton-esque Linval Joseph dominating the middle of the D-line. Their front 7 is iron-clad. That D-line helped their secondary finish top 3. CB Xavier Rhodes is as good as they come, with up-and-comer Trae Waynes knocking on the door of becoming top shelf. FS Harrison Smith is one of the best in the business. I'd be pretty stoked to have them as my unit.

Corey Davis... He's a favorite in many fantasy forums. The Titans look poised to dominate. I have my doubts on Davis, only because I'm not a big fan of investing a lot in rookies. I've been burned far too many times by their roller-coaster performances. Rookies will flash brilliance, but rarely show consistency. Throw in the fact that he's been hampered by injuries so far in camp, he's destined to have a slow start. But I've been wrong before! I really like the Titan's acquisition of WR Eric Decker. He looks poised to have a big season if he can stay healthy. And of course they still have the ever-consistent TE Delanie Walker. Throw in the talented WR corps of Taywon Taylor, Rishard Matthews & Tajae Sharpe... Corey Davis will need to get healthy & fast if he's going to carve out a role in that offense. Count me as one of those that WILL NOT prefer to draft Davis.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D/ST... Taking my homer-glasses off first... Minnesota, hands-down. I have them top-5 in my preseason rankings. Great secondary coupled with a dominant pass-rush (ranked 5th last season in sacks with 41), hard to go wrong. They started off the '16 year as the hottest defense in the league and still ended up as the 3rd-best unit in terms of yards allowed. They have pro-bowlers at all 3 levels of their defense. DE Danielle Hunter is their best pass rusher, but OLB Anthony Barr & DE Everson Griffen are beasts in their own right. And they have a Casey-Hampton-esque Linval Joseph dominating the middle of the D-line. Their front 7 is iron-clad. That D-line helped their secondary finish top 3. CB Xavier Rhodes is as good as they come, with up-and-comer Trae Waynes knocking on the door of becoming top shelf. FS Harrison Smith is one of the best in the business. I'd be pretty stoked to have them as my unit.

Corey Davis... He's a favorite in many fantasy forums. The Titans look poised to dominate. I have my doubts on Davis, only because I'm not a big fan of investing a lot in rookies. I've been burned far too many times by their roller-coaster performances. Rookies will flash brilliance, but rarely show consistency. Throw in the fact that he's been hampered by injuries so far in camp, he's destined to have a slow start. But I've been wrong before! I really like the Titan's acquisition of WR Eric Decker. He looks poised to have a big season if he can stay healthy. And of course they still have the ever-consistent TE Delanie Walker. Throw in the talented WR corps of Taywon Taylor, Rishard Matthews & Tajae Sharpe... Corey Davis will need to get healthy & fast if he's going to carve out a role in that offense. Count me as one of those that WILL NOT prefer to draft Davis.

Yea,I was thinking the same on Minnesota....but the homer glasses.....lol

I drafted Davis, I had him on my madden game and he was a beast. Did some light reading and was hoping to grab a steal in the draft.... I hope the ankle thing is mild, he's saying he's ready. Idk, I took the shot I'll have to play it out.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea,I was thinking the same on Minnesota....but the homer glasses.....lol

I drafted Davis, I had him on my madden game and he was a beast. Did some light reading and was hoping to grab a steal in the draft.... I hope the ankle thing is mild, he's saying he's ready. Idk, I took the shot I'll have to play it out.
D/ST... I know brother. The PIT defense is enticing. But when it comes to fantasy you have to try & take the "gamble" out of the equation. Minny is the far safer option & barring injuries should finish at the very least top 10 in FF at the position.

Davis... The ankle & the hammy are lingering issues right now. A rookie, injuries, & a talent-flooded offense is a bad mixture. But he has great upside. Like I said, TEN is going to surprise a lot of people this season. They rolled out one helluva downfield aerial attack last season on offense. If that scheme holds true, which it should, then I'm sure Davis will get his piece of the pie. If he can put injuries behind him, then I'd only worry about consistency.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D/ST... I know brother. The PIT defense is enticing. But when it comes to fantasy you have to try & take the "gamble" out of the equation. Minny is the far safer option & barring injuries should finish at the very least top 10 in FF at the position.

Davis... The ankle & the hammy are lingering issues right now. A rookie, injuries, & a talent-flooded offense is a bad mixture. But he has great upside. Like I said, TEN is going to surprise a lot of people this season. They rolled out one helluva downfield aerial attack last season on offense. If that scheme holds true, which it should, then I'm sure Davis will get his piece of the pie. If he can put injuries behind him, then I'd only worry about consistency.

I drafted both squads, then realized they have the same bye week so I guess I need to trade out Pittsburgh.
Would of made a good back up team, but does me no good.

I'll definitely need to keep an eye on Davis, outside of him I have AB, Jeffery, and Crabtree. So maybe Davis will be a decent fill in.

Edit: Cobb, Davis, and Burns on the bench

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I drafted both squads, then realized they have the same bye week so I guess I need to trade out Pittsburgh.
Would of made a good back up team, but does me no good.

I'll definitely need to keep an eye on Davis, outside of him I have AB, Jeffery, and Crabtree. So maybe Davis will be a decent fill in.

Edit: Cobb, Davis, and Burns on the bench
That's a solid group of WR's. Be careful with Jeffery. I only say that because I hate Philly's spread offense. Reminds me of the Chiefs. IIRC, they don't extend the field very well. OC Frank Reich's offenses have never really inspired much in the hearts of FF enthusiasts. But now that WR Jordan Matthews is gone I'd say that Jeffery should get the lion's share of the downfield workload. I've been hearing good things about WR Nelson Agholor. He's their slot guy, and in that offense he'll see most of the looks since that offensive scheme focuses on quick passing.

But Crabtree is a stud & Cobb will most certainly get his. Hurns is a frustrating one. I drafted him last season after a promising '15 campaign, but he was a dud. He's talented but his QB (Bortles) really hurts his value.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a solid group of WR's. Be careful with Jeffery. I only say that because I hate Philly's spread offense. Reminds me of the Chiefs. IIRC, they don't extend the field very well. OC Frank Reich's offenses have never really inspired much in the hearts of FF enthusiasts. But now that WR Jordan Matthews is gone I'd say that Jeffery should get the lion's share of the downfield workload. I've been hearing good things about WR Nelson Agholor. He's their slot guy, and in that offense he'll see most of the looks since that offensive scheme focuses on quick passing.

But Crabtree is a stud & Cobb will most certainly get his. Hurns is a frustrating one. I drafted him last season after a promising '15 campaign, but he was a dud. He's talented but his QB (Bortles) really hurts his value.

Dude, Agholor is relation to Limas Sweed.....
He has stone hands bad. Ask any eagles fan, and being close to Philly I've seen him first hand. I thought Jeffery would be a good one for Wentz to get in a groove with.
Yea, I understand the Hurns thing, I guess it's a Jacksonville thing.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, Agholor is relation to Limas Sweed.....
He has done hands bad. Ask any eagles fan, and being close to Philly I've seen him first hand. I thought Jeffery would be a good one for Wentz to get in a groove with.
Yea, I understand the Hurns thing, I guess it's a Jacksonville thing.
Haha, poor guy. I predict Philly will be looking for a new OC by season's end. They have a good young nucleus on offense, but not the schemes to lift it to the next level. Pederson is a good coach but he needs better tools to get the job done.

JAX... tellmeboutit! I got stuck with Allen Robinson as one of my top 2 WRs. FML! My WR's are pretty awful when you consider their QBs.

My WR's: Hopkins (HOU), Robinson (JAX), K. Allen (LAC), Maclin (BAL), Matthews (BUF).

That's a steamy pile right there.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, poor guy. I predict Philly will be looking for a new OC by season's end. They have a good young nucleus on offense, but not the schemes to lift it to the next level. Pederson is a good coach but he needs better tools to get the job done.

JAX... tellmeboutit! I got stuck with Allen Robinson as one of my top 2 WRs. FML! My WR's are pretty awful when you consider their QBs.

My WR's: Hopkins (HOU), Robinson (JAX), K. Allen (LAC), Maclin (BAL), Matthews (BUF).

Shit dude..... damn outside of AB and Crabtree I was iffy on mine....but holy Shit smell Barman.....

One of the big reasons I grabbed Ben, you know AB is gonna have big numbers, so will the guy throwing to him. That and I have never had a QB other than Ben my entire ff career.....:lol:

But if it works, why fix it.
My very last pick was McFadden in case your boy Zeke is shelfed for 6 games.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit dude..... damn outside of AB and Crabtree I was iffy on mine....but holy Shit smell Barman.....

One of the big reasons I grabbed Ben, you know AB is gonna have big numbers, so will the guy throwing to him. That and I have never had a QB other than Ben my entire ff career.....:lol:

But if it works, why fix it.
My very last pick was McFadden in case your boy Zeke is shelfed for 6 games.
Yea I'm going to need to put in some trade work to get a WR I want. I'm thinking about offering up Freeman on my trade block to see if anyone bites. I also would like to part with one of my defenses as it looks to be a nightmare to stream them. Both have relatively equal value to me.

AB & Ben combo is lethal. You'll love it. Ben has one of the best O-lines in the league, so as long as that stays in front of him he'll have a great year.

McFadden... You dirty whore! I hate Elliot & think he deserves to be suspended, but for FF's sake I hope his suspension is reduced to 2-3 games. :D

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I'm going to need to put in some trade work to get a WR I want. I'm thinking about offering up Freeman on my trade block to see if anyone bites. I also would like to part with one of my defenses as it looks to be a nightmare to stream them. Both have relatively equal value to me.

AB & Ben combo is lethal. You'll love it. Ben has one of the best O-lines in the league, so as long as that stays in front of him he'll have a great year.

McFadden... You dirty whore! I hate Elliot & think he deserves to be suspended, but for FF's sake I hope his suspension is reduced to 2-3 games. :D

I'll trade you Pittsburgh for one of your D's...

Ben, I've always had him....the year he tossed the two 500 yard games.....I only needed his numbers to win those two weeks. Even when he has a bad game it's still good for 20 - 30 points.

Ya gotta get the fill in, the year bell was suspended, I grabbed D-Will.....got great points out of that.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because you're a brother from another mother........

I'll go Cobb for Freeman, if you're interested.
Pittsburgh for LA????

But I would like to use the Steelers D for week one.....lol.
Let me know and I'll set up the trade, or we can haggle a bit. Lol
I'm checking out for the night.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because you're a brother from another mother........

I'll go Cobb for Freeman, if you're interested.
Pittsburgh for LA????

Not digging either. Cobb is at best a WR2, more along the lines of a WR3. Freeman is a RB1 that splits a workload, but still a RB1 nonetheless. PIT for LA is fairly equal, but I have LA ranked higher & I'd rather want a clear cut choice between my defenses. Any combo of HOU/LA & PIT presents me with the same issue I already have! lol.

What would you think of this:

RB Freeman & WR Matthews

for

WR Crabtree & RB McFadden

This trade would benefit both of us. You'd be getting a stellar RB & flex player upgrade, while slightly downgrading your WR corps. And I'd be getting an upgrade to my WR corps, & downgrading my RB corps.

Trade Darren McFadden & Michael Crabtree for Devonta Freeman & Jordan Matthews

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not digging either. Cobb is at best a WR2, more along the lines of a WR3. Freeman is a RB1 that splits a workload, but still a RB1 nonetheless. PIT for LA is fairly equal, but I have LA ranked higher & I'd rather want a clear cut choice between my defenses. Any combo of HOU/LA & PIT presents me with the same issue I already have! lol.

What would you think of this:

RB Freeman & WR Matthews

for

WR Crabtree & RB McFadden

This trade would benefit both of us. You'd be getting a stellar RB & flex player upgrade, while slightly downgrading your WR corps. And I'd be getting an upgrade to my WR corps, & downgrading my RB corps.

Trade Darren McFadden & Michael Crabtree for Devonta Freeman & Jordan Matthews

Wasn't trying undercut you buddy.....
My only concern with Matthews is, his sternum chip fracture. Outside of that I'm good with this.
The D trade I wasn't looking to hinder you on that, I'm just looking for a straight swap. I'm going with Minnesota, but both Minnesota and Pittsburgh have the same bye week, which screws me over. I'll just use them for what I can and cut them.

Trade was sent.

I'll be in and out the next few days, but once you accept the trade I'll approve it.
Starting a new position this week, I'm sure it'll be an adjustment.

Last edited:

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damn. Matthews is hurt and Allen is injury prone. Hope your RBs are good lol

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. Matthews is hurt and Allen is injury prone. Hope your RBs are good lol
Well aside from autodrafting Elliot, I still managed to get McCoy & Freeman. Bench RBs are Powell & Woodhead.

Cali Steel

Poster Extraordinaire !!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.18
Fav. Team #1
Pittsburgh Steelers running back Le'Veon Bell wants to be rich. No, I mean really rich. Ed Bouchette of the Post-Gazette is reporting that Bell did indeed turn down a five-year contract that would have averaged more than $12 million per season. This confirms the report that Tom Pelissero of NFL Network had reported as well just after the deadline for Bell to sign an extension had passed.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pittsburgh Steelers running back Le'Veon Bell wants to be rich. No, I mean really rich. Ed Bouchette of the Post-Gazette is reporting that Bell did indeed turn down a five-year contract that would have averaged more than $12 million per season. This confirms the report that Tom Pelissero of NFL Network had reported as well just after the deadline for Bell to sign an extension had passed.
The Steelers don't over pay so he'll need to go elsewhere to get what he wants.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup. This is the last year Le'Veon Bell is a Pittsburgh Steeler. Sucks. Really does. He's being selfish in regards to how much he should get. Part of me is saying well, pay the man because we don't want anyone else paying him, and the other part of me is saying, fuck you Le'Veon. :gaah:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup. This is the last year Le'Veon Bell is a Pittsburgh Steeler. Sucks. Really does. He's being selfish in regards to how much he should get. Part of me is saying well, pay the man because we don't want anyone else paying him, and the other part of me is saying, fuck you Le'Veon. :gaah:

You know I wasn't really on board with trade talks, but more & more I'm starting to lean that way now that I'm simply not seeing Bell in PIT next season. The Steelers should strongly consider trading Bell. His suspensions & injuries have made him very unreliable over the years. And now he has proved he doesn't care about his teammates & simply wants to break the bank... He has finished a season maybe once? Twice suspended. He doesn't realize how well he has it in Pittsburgh with the supporting cast (players & coaches). Think of the compensation the Steelers could get for a Herschel Walker-like trade and the money they would save. Conner will be ready to take the reins next season.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#3 NFL team forum by post count!

YFcOFwg.png