• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 2018 Chicago White Sox Thread

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i fail to see the 'flash' of superstar potential that you apparently see. if he came up like a regular guy and was doing what he's doing i doubt he be up right now.
anyway, it doesn't really matter what we say or think. either he'll be ok or he'll be a bust. no need to call my knee a jerk! :P

by the way, yolmer has gold glove potential. yoan not so much. yolmer was jerked around most of his major league career, yoan is getting a solid shot. i don't think the two are comparable. and according to baseball ref. .. yoan is hitting .221 not .227!
.221/.324/.389 and a .713 ops so stop hedging. .... and yolmer's ops is .663 not .658.
you were low on every yolmer stats and high on every yoan stat. if you're going to play, play fair.

That's because the stats hadn't been updated from the home opener dude. I copy and pasted the numbers from another poster I made on a different Sox forum. Lol. I'm not going to sit here and move something .005 points that can be googled in two seconds.

I guess I am confused. Yoan has been murdering the ball.

He has easily been one of our best hitters to this point (which is saying something). Hitting the ball as hard as anyone in the league.

.407 xwOBA would have ranked 6th in the MLB among qualifying hitters last year.

You're a cynic, Iddy. By your own standards. He is playing well. Stop with the "Yolmer got moved around" nonsense. He's had 1200+ plate appearances to Yoan's 275. Yoan is already exceeding his numbers in multiple categories. It's that simple.

You cannot be positive about Yolmer, while being negative about Yoan. It's hypocrisy.

Yoan has already proven that he'll be a stud. IMO. EVERY indicator points towards it. I guess we also have forgotten the stretch he put together last year?

I don't think you have a rational argument against Yoan right now. Six games and he's smashed the ball outside of one. Where... BTW... it was snowing. lol (Cuban hitters could never struggle the first time they see snow on a baseball field... right?)

This is the most ludicrous knee-jerk nonsense I have heard from Sox fans in a while. You have to be a blind cynic not to see the superstar potential in Yoan. He's already shown it on a MLB field. It's just a matter of time before it comes together consistently.

Can't wait until he has one good week... By your logic, we should be crowning him the league's MVP at that point.

You are so... so wrong on this one, Iddy. This is going to look foolish soon. I don't believe you when you say that you don't see Yoan's talent. You've watched too much baseball for that. You're being intentionally dense.

Last edited:

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's because the stats hadn't been updated from the home opener dude. I copy and pasted the numbers from another poster I made on a different Sox forum. Lol. I'm not going to sit here and move something .005 points that can be googled in two seconds.

I guess I am confused. Yoan has been murdering the ball.

He has easily been one of our best hitters to this point (which is saying something). Hitting the ball as hard as anyone in the league.

.407 xwOBA would have ranked 6th in the MLB among qualifying hitters last year.

You're a cynic, Iddy. By your own standards. He is playing well. Stop with the "Yolmer got moved around" nonsense. He's had 1200+ plate appearances to Yoan's 275. Yoan is already exceeding his numbers in multiple categories. It's that simple.

You cannot be positive about Yolmer, while being negative about Yoan. It's hypocrisy.

Yoan has already proven that he'll be a stud. IMO. EVERY indicator points towards it. I guess we also have forgotten the stretch he put together last year?

I don't think you have a rational argument against Yoan right now. Six games and he's smashed the ball outside of one. Where... BTW... it was snowing. lol (Cuban hitters could never struggle the first time they see snow on a baseball field... right?)

This is the most ludicrous knee-jerk nonsense I have heard from Sox fans in a while. You have to be a blind cynic not to see the superstar potential in Yoan. He's already shown it on a MLB field. It's just a matter of time before it comes together consistently.

Can't wait until he has one good week... By your logic, we should be crowning him the league's MVP at that point.

You are so... so wrong on this one, Iddy. This is going to look foolish soon. I don't believe you when you say that you don't see Yoan's talent. You've watched too much baseball for that. You're being intentionally dense.

O.M.G. you are bragging about a couple ab's? he's the lowest hitting regular on the team right now hitting .154 fer chrys sake!!! ONE FIFTY FOUR and you're basing this on how fast the ball leaves his bat when he does connect? IN 6 GAMES????? and ""murdering the ball"" you say? he has 4 hits!!!!
you should have left well enough alone, richy. your continuing love affair with a disappointment (to this point) is embarrassing.
fact is moncada has proven one thing. he struggles with major league pitching. whether he improves or not only the future will tell but so far he's not there and has given no indication he will be. you have watched enough baseball to know all the hype in the world does NOT make a ball player successful. are you still trying to justify trading sale or something?

as for looking foolish ... i'm not the one making predictions based on no evidence and guarantying success. that would be you! i'm the one not predicting anything ... only that he's not looking very good so far. i hope you end up being right .... but it appears to me that the only one who could possibly look foolish at some point in the future would be you! :)

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a shame about today's game ... but lopez is looking very good this early. gotta be happy about that.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former top prospects Byron Buxton and Andrew Benintendi are hitting in the .170's

Bad feeling... send em down.

Moncada 2 for 3 with a double and two walks. On base in 7 of his last 14 plate appearances. What a stud.

Make sure to tune back in next week to see who we should make long-term conclusions off of - based off of a one week sample size!

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moncada 2 for 3 with a double and two walks. On base in 7 of his last 14 plate appearances. What a stud.

Make sure to tune back in next week to see who we should make long-term conclusions off of - based off of a one week sample size!

isn't it ironic that your second sentence ridicules your first two sentences. :)

and i presume you'll post this tripe every time moncada gets a hit and we'll not hear a word when he takes an o'fer? lol

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
isn't it ironic that your second sentence ridicules your first two sentences. :)

and i presume you'll post this tripe every time moncada gets a hit and we'll not hear a word when he takes an o'fer? lol

How so? The whole point of the first sentence was to illustrate how utterly ridiculous it is to draw conclusions from small sample sizes. Did you not pickup the facetious tone? I suppose you also believed I was seriously asserting Benintendi should be sent down?

Good god, this whole interaction must be a joke at this point. lol

and i presume you'll post this tripe every time moncada gets a hit and we'll not hear a word when he takes an o'fer?

What? The whole point here is that drawing conclusions absurdly small sample sizes is hilarious. I'll draw conclusions when a LEGITIMATE sample size has been put together.

You're the same guy who told everyone else to be patient with Jacob F'ing May last year after a couple of weeks where he literally had like... what? One hit during his entire big league stint? Wasn't he 0 for his first 23 or something? You used Robin Ventura as an example as to why he could be just fine if we wait it out.

Then... you take ONE week from Moncada (who has glaring star potential)... a week where he demolished the baseball from a hard contact standpoint and say that "you're worried".

You're a good baseball poster, but you're contrarian (and often cynical) for the sake of it... and it can be really off-putting at times.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How so? The whole point of the first sentence was to illustrate how utterly ridiculous it is to draw conclusions from small sample sizes. Did you not pickup the facetious tone? I suppose you also believed I was seriously asserting Benintendi should be sent down?

you are confused about what i posted. read my quote of you and then my post. the first two sentences i referred to are in my quote .... not the entire previous post you wrote. and my comment there was completely apt. learn to read for god's sake!

Good god, this whole interaction must be a joke at this point. lol

it's been a joke since your first post about moncada.

""and i presume you'll post this tripe every time moncada gets a hit and we'll not hear a word when he takes an o'fer?""

What? The whole point here is that drawing conclusions absurdly small sample sizes is hilarious. I'll draw conclusions when a LEGITIMATE sample size has been put together.

the funny thing is YOU are the one who is drawing the big conclusions. you already see him as a can't miss star.

You're the same guy who told everyone else to be patient with Jacob F'ing May last year after a couple of weeks where he literally had like... what? One hit during his entire big league stint? Wasn't he 0 for his first 23 or something? You used Robin Ventura as an example as to why he could be just fine if we wait it out.

i fail to see how my suggesting jacob may might still be successful is somehow a problem for you. i never suggested he was a can't miss prospect (you're the one who does that) all i said was he needs a chance. what's so bad about that?

Then... you take ONE week from Moncada (who has glaring star potential)... a week where he demolished the baseball from a hard contact standpoint and say that "you're worried".

are you kidding me? YOU are the one drawing all the conclusions here! you see a star in the making based mostly on hype, his pre-major league rating!
and i didn't take one week of anything. that remark was about his total major league production which is so far anemic! and i'm still concerned!

You're a good baseball poster, but you're contrarian (and often cynical) for the sake of it... and it can be really off-putting at times

i'm a better poster than you know! you just need to take your time reading what i say and not what you think i say.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except nothing has happened which would indicate that he cannot hit major league pitching. etc. etc.

Yoan Moncada staying positive amid struggles
the comments section is interesting as well. :) but hey ... at least, when he does connect, the ball comes off hard! kind of like dunn in 2011. :D

interesting he ""... knew what I was supposed to do, but I wasn't able to execute it.""
wasn't able??? LOL ... he didn't even try. a major league player doesn't understand the squeeze means the runner will be going so swing that bunt wherever it happens to be? suppose there's no such thing as the squeeze in cube? good grief!

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moncada is raking tonite! He will get at least two more at bats to do something

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moncada is raking tonite! He will get at least two more at bats to do something

Moncada 3 for 5 with ANOTHER HR to follow up his cycle bid a couple days ago.

He looks like an absolute stud. Which everyone who doesn't like to pout for the sake of it knew already - but I digress.

Up to .264/.360/.563 (OPS of .922) 6 HR's 12 RBI's (out of the lead-off spot)

9 for his last 19 with 3 HR's this week

Could be an all-star and 30 HR/30 SB if he's really found it. We'll have to see. He's a big reason I keep tuning in.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
moncada seems to be coming around raising his average (and ops) to respectable over the last ten games. hope it's not a mirage. plenty early but i hope it's real.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
moncada seems to be coming around raising his average (and ops) to respectable over the last ten games. hope it's not a mirage. plenty early but i hope it's real.

2 more hits, including a double, run scored and a RBI in Game 1 of the double header today.

I'm so f'n worried about him, though. Trembling in the corner with fear.

Anthony Rizzo is hitting in the .160's - I can't believe his career is over!

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 more hits, including a double, run scored and a RBI in Game 1 of the double header today.

I'm so f'n worried about him, though. Trembling in the corner with fear.

Anthony Rizzo is hitting in the .160's - I can't believe his career is over!
being kinda childish now richig

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope Moncada is getting over the hump because he has been hitting well lately

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though they are still losing their games have been much more competitive lately. I am hoping by the second half they become a solid team and next year ready to compete.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People...We're on pace to win 44 games. We suck donkey balls.

This pig needs some serious lipstick. Yoan Moncada's lesser analyzed statlines leading to hypothetical outcomes isn't nearly enough lipstick. We suck some serious ass. The last team to not hit 50 wins in a season was the tigers in 2003...15 years ago...and that's a serious outlier of patetic assedness. Hopefully this team isn't historically bad.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People...We're on pace to win 44 games. We suck donkey balls.

This pig needs some serious lipstick. Yoan Moncada's lesser analyzed statlines leading to hypothetical outcomes isn't nearly enough lipstick. We suck some serious ass. The last team to not hit 50 wins in a season was the tigers in 2003...15 years ago...and that's a serious outlier of patetic assedness. Hopefully this team isn't historically bad.

So I'm not being a complete downer, that Detroit team did go to the WS 3 years later. So obviously it's going to happen for us too...

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giolito has been the biggest disappointment to me so far this season. He looked so damn good at the end of last year. Watching him struggle to even find the strike zone is infuriating