• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 2015 Recruiting Thread....

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
Not related to this, but I was just thinking about VT. All the Mack stuff down here, I said if you are jsut judging on football and a staffs ability to develop players you will be hard pressed to find to better schools than TCU and VT. Unfortunately for you, I am not a 5 star DB.

TCU still plays defense?

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5-star DE CeCe Jefferson says LOI will be in soon

Five-star defensive end CeCe Jefferson committed to Florida on national signing day but has yet to send the Gators an official national letter of intent, which would seal the deal on him being in Florida's 2015 recruiting class. Jefferson tweeted Saturday evening that his father and Florida defensive coordinator Geoff Collins had a long conversation and Jefferson plans to send his letter of intent in soon.

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Linebacker recruit's high school coach blasts recruiting process

Roquan Smith, a four-star linebacker from Montezuma, Ga., took some heat for how his National Signing Day went. After committing to UCLA on national television, Smith almost immediately reopened his recruiting process after learning that UCLA’s defensive coordinator was leaving for a job with the Atlanta Falcons.

Smith’s high school coach is firing back at critics. Larry Harold, coach at Macon County High School, took aim at those who say a player should commit to a school and not to a coach in an article from the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Here’s what Harold had to say in the article:

“I just want to tell those people this, because maybe they don’t know: If you’ve never played sports or anything like that, you are more than just a coach to these kids. You’re their dad, their mom, and their extended family. You’re everything to these kids. So when they’re going to get recruited by the next coach, to find the person who is going to be charge of the next four years of their life, they are looking for the same things.

“So how can these guys (college coaches) talk about the people and the relationships — and then you get these kids signed and then you bail on them at the first time you get the opportunity? Look at all these stories after signing day.

“You can’t tell me that these head coaches aren’t telling these assistants that they know are leaving – don’t tell anybody until after signing day and then we’ll announce it. That’s deception and that dishonesty. And, most importantly, it’s not fair to the kids.”

Smith, the No. 5 outside linebacker in the country, did not submit his National Letter of Intent to UCLA, so he’s still free to sign with another program. Georgia was considered a favorite to land Smith on NSD, but the linebacker is now reportedly considering Texas A&M and Michigan.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ask Ole Miss

Which one? The one that had an offense, or the one that didn't and was shut out by Arkansas that TCU played?

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean the one that put up 31 on Miss State the game prior to TCU.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean the one that put up 31 on Miss State the game prior to TCU.
Didn't want to be there. And I don't think that is a joke Bo Wallace should've been taken behind the barn and shot at halftime. All I can say is their backup QB had to be awful.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ole Miss ALWAYS wants to be there, its not like they go to quality bowl games often. They simply got dominated by the better team.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't want to be there. And I don't think that is a joke Bo Wallace should've been taken behind the barn and shot at halftime. All I can say is their backup QB had to be awful.

Ole Miss didnt want to be there? They're never there.

If they didnt want to be there, just goes to show everybody whey they're never there.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure is that is sarcasm. It is Ole Miss and I can not remember a bigger bowl game for them. People love to slam Bo and he has deserved it many times, but I do not think that is the case here. TCU had 5 sacks and it could have been a lot more. Just a brutal display by the Ole Miss OL.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was sarcasm. Maybe the Ole Miss OL hates Bo Wallace as much as the rest of us do.

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sun Devils picked up a 3 star out of Arizona, Centenniel, OG, Marshall Nathe, today! We needed that.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas just got 4* DT Duvonta Lampkin commitment. Choices were UT,OU,LSU

Two good recruits in a couple days. Little bit of a roll going.

Duvonta Lampkin just decomitted and is likely going to Oklahoma because he's too lazy to take summer school.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duvonta Lampkin just decomitted and is likely going to Oklahoma because he's too lazy to take summer school.

yes indeed.

Being down here, I've followed this story since it began, basically during his recruitment while he was in high school.

One of the key factors is that the coach who convinced him to come to Texas, Coach Rumph, left right after signing day.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude was too lazy to take a simple summer Pass/Fail correspondence course to meet the bare minimal academic standards.

He is worried that he cannot pass essentially a remedial kindergarten level course needing on a pass grade.

About 95% of the schools in the country will ask the same thing so the options are limited, but I guess Oklahoma is one of the 5% with much more lax academic standards.

Although, I am not sure Stoops will take him.
Extreme laziness is not exactly the way to build a roster for OU anymore than Texas.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll probably give him a chance...and he'll fuck it up. SOS. These are kids guise...little precious children.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he's been sweating having to get that Spanish credit since recruiting. Then when he chose Texas, he said it would be no problem. Then, he decided he didnt want to take the course . Someone got in his ear and told him if he didnt meet Texas' requirements, he could get his LOI wiped off the books, and go to another school.

Thing is, he already told everybody he's qualified with his SAT and grades, so it's 'all good'. It's either total laziness, or he wants to go elsewhere.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he's been sweating having to get that Spanish credit since recruiting. Then when he chose Texas, he said it would be no problem. Then, he decided he didnt want to take the course . Someone got in his ear and told him if he didnt meet Texas' requirements, he could get his LOI wiped off the books, and go to another school.

Thing is, he already told everybody he's qualified with his SAT and grades, so it's 'all good'. It's either total laziness, or he wants to go elsewhere.

His HS coach says he is coming to Texas. The whole thing is very odd and he maybe getting some bad advice. Seems likely he will sit a year out. Texas can ensure that, if they choose to do so. Right now I am not sure I would even want him at Texas. He was 340 at the Spring game. HE was always a kid that people thought would be a star or a flop. Proper motivation and work ethic and he would thrive. That doesnt seem to be there.