• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Official 10000 posts for a Husker Conference Championship Thread

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Jay Wright makes 2.4 mill a year I say we double it and lock him up for 25 years

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Jay Wright makes 2.4 mill a year I say we double it and lock him up for 25 years

Sure, why not. Only Duke and Kentucky would be paying more.

For some reason, I'm guessing it's not as easy as just doubling a guy's salary or there would be many major programs doing it. In fact, Nebraska probably would have already done it.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah J it is that simple. Most universities follow my proven method for finding coaches.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Delusion ? Is that a hiring method ?

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just frustrating watching good b-ball. And knowing Nebraska could be there if only we had the right staff.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just frustrating watching good b-ball. And knowing Nebraska could be there if only we had the right staff.

HP, the problem is.....someone has to suck. You see it in College Football as well....just like you see it in every sport.

You can't just take a program with no tradition and pay for tradition. It's built over a long period of time. Every coach out there knows that, and that's why money only attracts coaches to programs with tradition. Nebraska traditionally is really really bad at basketball......and traditionally coaches come here to end their career.

Nebraska will need to gamble and get the right up and comer who hits it big and puts them on the map. Plain and simple. That guy might still be Miles.....we'll soon find out......this is the most talented group of guys we've had in over a decade.

If he doesn't take Nebraska to the tourney next year, he's probably gone. At that point, Nebraska Basketball will get another up and comer.....because Nebraska Basketball is not a landing pad for star coaches. History shows we have trouble bringing in stud recruits because.....well, kids like to go play at schools they see winning championships on tv.

Have you ever wondered why it seems so simple to us here on this forum to just throw out money and land a coach, but then these guys who are working in the athletic program can't figure that out? Trust me, they try. They're not retarded. They just don't succeed, because money doesn't mask non-tradition.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In reality we'd need to quadrupile a guy like Jay Wright's salary in order to lure him in. We would actually need to become the program with the most highly paid salary in the country.

He's not coming here for 5 million when he's got a Natty and all sorts of things going for him at a proven place like Nova.

It would take 10 million to get his attention at this place.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, if we're talking Nebraska Football as opposed to Basketball, that changes things. We do have tradition here in football, and we could lure in a big name in Football if we threw out some cash.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I counter with NW getting Chris Collins. And Tom being to much of a tight wod when he fired Doc and hired Tim. I'd also like to point to evidence "C" the Tom Crean feelers we put out to him. If he knew what SE probably knew at the time. Miles would be fired and Crean would have been our Coach. So I don't think we are going after a up and coming coach. MR was enough of a gamble. SE needs to crush it out of the park this b-ball hire.

Crean was making lil over 3 mill at Indian

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I counter with NW getting Chris Collins. And Tom being to much of a tight wod when he fired Doc and hired Tim. I'd also like to point to evidence "C" the Tom Crean feelers we put out to him. If he knew what SE probably knew at the time. Miles would be fired and Crean would have been our Coach. So I don't think we are going after a up and coming coach. MR was enough of a gamble. SE needs to crush it out of the park this b-ball hire.

Crean was making lil over 3 mill at Indian

Chris Collins is in his first ever stint as a head coach. Nobody had any idea he would take them to the tourney for the first time. To NW it was another up and comer hire. They got lucky and got the right guy.

Just because you're an assistant under one of the all time greats doesn't make you the best candidate in the country to be a head coach. There are several guys out there who fit into that category and we'd be taking a gamble by hiring any of them not having any head coaching experience.

Collins was a gamble.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All coaches are gambles but you can limit the risk by hiring the guy even a first year guy with the right pedigree. He played at Duke coached as a assistant for 13 years at Duke. Learning from the best coach possible. He's over .500 and played in the second round of the turny. Miles might have been the right guy to replace Doc, and now we have raised our bar by going to the tournament. Now we need to replace Miles with a guy that can get us to the next level consistently.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude Just if they are not going to invest in the basketball coach then why did we put 160 million in a new areana you know how many kids could have gone to college on that. It pays for itself when you invest in winners ask buffet