• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Nuraman Thread

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New HD Video Display and Audio Systems to Enhance Fan Experience at EnergySolutions Arena | THE OFFICIAL SITE OF THE UTAH JAZZ

It might just be me, but won't the screen on the floor interrupt and affect games. I know the Jazz are famous for their screens (pick'n'roll), but this is a bit much. Since we'd have more time to practice and get used to the screen in the middle of the court, we'd have a distinct advantage, so I'm all for it. ;) The rolls of tarp or whatever should go, too, IMO.

View attachment 5544

On January 31, 2007, during an ESPN game against SA, there was one memorable play. On an out-of-bounds play, someone set a screen on Bruce Bowen, Kirilenko then went around a screen and scored on a layup.

Who set the screen? Boozer? Okur? Araujo? No, it was Derek Fisher. Bowen didn't see the screen and ran into it so hard, that he bounced off if Fisher and flew out of bounds.

The screen was not during a pick 'n' roll though, which is what MHSL82 referred to in his quote.

Hubie Brown liked that play so much, that he replayed it a few times during the broadcast, and pointed out the screen. And he pointed out that it was a small guy, Fisher, knocking Bowen out.

Here's MHSL82's thoughts on Bowen.

++++++++++++++++++
I don't like Bruce Bowen because that's not my style (dirty) and I don't like bowties.

++++++++++++++++++

That play had so many great things about why I love Jazz basketball. I immediately tried to find a clip of it, but never could. I guess I would have to find it re-aired on NBA TV, then record it, to capture the play.
It had a great screen (by a guard, Fisher). It had an out-of-bounds play resulting in a score. (Sloan). It had an assist (Araujo). It had a layup (Kirilenko). It had an opponent getting knocked out by the screen (San Antonio, Bowen). And it had my favorite ESPN commentator (Hubie Brown). It also had the Jazz beating the Spurs.

This would be another one of those things that I would keep trying to find, much like the quest for unusual box scores which started this thread.

Hmm, looking at the play-by-play, I remember it was a play in the 3rd quarter, but Kirilenko only made 3 FGs that game, and both FGs in the 3rd quarter were on offensive rebounds. The play-by-play does show him making a shot at the rim in the 1st quarter though. Maybe it happened in the 1st quarter, and Hubie Brown just kept showing it throughout the game, because of what a highlight it was.

5:02.0 15-14 +2 A. Kirilenko makes 2-pt shot at rim (assist by R. Araujo)

Or, maybe it was someone else making the layup, such as Paul Millsap. Here's a play which had a shot at the rim too, and it came on an assist too. Maybe Millsap made the layup, and AK passed it to him.

I think it was the former though, because I think another standout feature of the play was Araujo's involvement. Araujo had a great game that day, and I think this was just one of the many things he did well that day. Here's the layup which happened to be by Millsap, though, and this was in the 4th quarter. I think that was too late in the game for it to have happened, I would have remembered if it was that late in the game.

5:11.0 75-81 +2 P. Millsap makes 2-pt shot at rim (assist by A. Kirilenko)

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From another poster:

++++++++++

Last night, every Laker starter finished with single digit points. Every backup who logged game time finished with double-digit points.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nuraman! You should try the vBookie section of this board. You can bet points (vCash) in any amount on a lot of games - the line, moneyline, over/under, etc. in many sports. You don't use real money and when you bottom out, they give you 25 to start over again.

I am no good at it, but it's fun. I used to bet once a day - look for the biggest spread and bet for the underdog and was doing alright. Then, I started going with whoever had the highest bet for games I didn't know (college basketball/football). Didn't do so well. Tried betting with who I wanted to win. Boom or bust.

Now, I'm just experimenting. Often betting 25 on every game and the remainder on one that I feel stronger or more hopeful about. I'm almost always at zero because I bet it all. When the games are over, I get some back if I win and rebet. Or if I lose all, I get 25 to start all over again. Occassionally, I won't bet at all on a game or a day because the teams are too inconsistent to get a good guess.

Here's the link - I bet robots like yourself would do a killing. Oh, and you'd also do well here. I don't condone murder.

SportsHoopla.com Sports Forums - vBookie

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nuraman! You should try the vBookie section of this board. You can bet points (vCash) in any amount on a lot of games - the line, moneyline, over/under, etc. in many sports. You don't use real money and when you bottom out, they give you 25 to start over again.

I am no good at it, but it's fun. I used to bet once a day - look for the biggest spread and bet for the underdog and was doing alright. Then, I started going with whoever had the highest bet for games I didn't know (college basketball/football). Didn't do so well. Tried betting with who I wanted to win. Boom or bust.

Now, I'm just experimenting. Often betting 25 on every game and the remainder on one that I feel stronger or more hopeful about. I'm almost always at zero because I bet it all. When the games are over, I get some back if I win and rebet. Or if I lose all, I get 25 to start all over again. Occassionally, I won't bet at all on a game or a day because the teams are too inconsistent to get a good guess.

Here's the link - I bet robots like yourself would do a killing. Oh, and you'd also do well here. I don't condone murder.

No.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine. See if I care. :FoldsArmsLikeJohnStockonTeasingMattHarpring:

Link to this incident? Pic or video or animated GIF?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@ 2:14 or so.

[YOUTUBE]vp3h-s_1Th4[/YOUTUBE]

Thanks. I don't think Matt Harpring was irritated, or annoyed at the teasing. Nor did he appear to care.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why do you like playing this, but not fantasy sports?

You also didn't want to play in a survival NFL league, in which you just pick one team to win every week (with the constraint that you can't pick a team you've already picked before).

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you like playing this, but not fantasy sports?

You also didn't want to play in a survival NFL league, in which you just pick one team to win every week (with the constraint that you can't pick a team you've already picked before).

It doesn't involve other people, there are no trades, I can bet everyday, and I'm not competing with anyone. I go down to zero all the time, with my high at 2675 or so points.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't involve other people, there are no trades, I can bet everyday, and I'm not competing with anyone. I go down to zero all the time, with my high at 2675 or so points.

Thanks.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine. See if I care. :FoldsArmsLikeJohnStockonTeasingMattHarpring:

Don't have the time to get sucked into that vortex.

OT: In one of my fantasy leagues, a manager would set betting lines on the weekly fantasy matchups themselves.

For example, there would be a betting line with my matchup vs. my opponent, for the week.

He would set odds on all the matchups, every week.

He also threw in some random prop bets, like for the SuperBowl, O/U on Wes Welker's carries at 9.5.

I did well in this game. :)

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the biggest double overtime loss? Overtime loss? This has to high on the list:

NBA Gamecast - Miami vs Brooklyn

Miami was without three of its starters, Nets didn't have Deron Williams or Lopez.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the biggest double overtime loss? Overtime loss? This has to high on the list:

NBA Gamecast - Miami vs Brooklyn

Miami was without three of its starters, Nets didn't have Deron Williams or Lopez.

No, 9 points is not one of the biggest Overtime loss.

* Boston once scored 0 points in OT.

* I've seen double digit OT losses before. The Jazz were in one of them.

Team Game Finder | Basketball-Reference.com

17 points is the biggest.

Here are all the Jazz ones losing by at least 9 points:

The 11 point 3OT loss to Miami is the one I was thinking about. How could you forget that game?

Or the one against Sacramento, less than a month ago? That was a 10 point loss.

The biggest Jazz loss in the playoffs, in an OT game:

8 points to Denver in 1985, and 1994.

The biggest Jazz wins in OT in the playoffs:

10 points to the Golden Shower Warriors in 2007.

I thought that was the game Boozer had 20 rebound, but Boozer achieved that in game 1.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, 9 points is not one of the biggest Overtime loss.

* Boston once scored 0 points in OT.

* I've seen double digit OT losses before. The Jazz were in one of them.

17 points is the biggest.

Here are all the Jazz ones losing by at least 9 points:

The 11 point 3OT loss to Miami is the one I was thinking about. How could you forget that game?

Or the one against Sacramento, less than a month ago? That was a 10 point loss.

The biggest Jazz loss in the playoffs, in an OT game:

8 points to Denver in 1985, and 1994.

The biggest Jazz wins in OT in the playoffs:

10 points to the Golden Shower Warriors in 2007.

I thought that was the game Boozer had 20 rebound, but Boozer achieved that in game 1.

Overtime Jazz losses don't count as losses, they nullify the game. Any game, besides the one I cited, by anyone that is decided by over 8 points or under -8 don't count either. So 9 is the biggest overtime win. It is also the biggest loss in overtime.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game coming up on Wednesday is an ESPN one. The Jazz better humiliate the Spurs on national TV. Then, the Jazz have to do that in the playoffs, too.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
grimm010 once started a thread, a year after the game, called "I still can't get over the Miami choke."

It was about the above referenced 2009 3OT game against Miami.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most points, overtime period
22 - Los Angeles vs. New York, May 1, 1970

Fewest points, overtime period
0 - Minneapolis at Ft. Wayne, March 22, 1955
0 - Boston at Indiana, April 29, 2003

Most points, both teams, overtime period
38 - Los Angeles (22) vs. New York (16), May 1, 1970

Fewest points, both teams, overtime period
1 – Minneapolis (0) at Ft. Wayne (1), March 22, 1955
3 - Boston (1) vs. Charlotte (2), May 1, 1993 (2nd OT)

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What have I always said? WHAT HAVE I ALWAYS SAID?!!! Since before I was born?

NO SHOOTING THE BALL, JOHN LUCAS III!!!

We don't need you to EVER take a shot.

You screwed it up for us all! 4 shots in 5 minutes? Make two of them, take none of them, make one and don't take more than 2.

He's learned nothing of what I've taught him. No assists? You have officially replaced Marvin Williams as my least favorite Jazz man. Just kidding, Marvin has always been above the least.

Denver Nuggets vs. Utah Jazz - Box Score

Last edited by a moderator: