• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The NSK (AKA Enes Kanter) Thread

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for posting.

Thoughts?

Will the USA extradite him to Turkey so they investigate him? I don't think they would do a fair job though, and really investigate. It seems that they've already made up their minds about Gulen.

Has there been anyone else in sports or entertainment that has been in this position?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think Kanter's family disowned him, for their own protection? So their residence doesn't get firebombed and such.

Maybe privately, they are still on good terms and email/voice chat?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think Kanter's family disowned him, for their own protection? So their residence doesn't get firebombed and such.

Probably, but I don't care. For clarity sake, I hope none of the death threats come to fruition for anyone. No one deserves that, not even Derek Fisher, Ronnie Seikaly, or Mike Nolan (Niner reference).

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much does this hurt his trade value?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably, but I don't care. For clarity sake, I hope none of the death threats come to fruition for anyone. No one deserves that, not even Derek Fisher, Ronnie Seikaly, or Mike Nolan (Niner reference).

What did Seikaly do?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did Seikaly do?

He refused to come to Utah for his physical because he didn't want to join us. It was either he or Harper who said "you go live in Utah." Out of the people that I mentioned, he is the least of my "hatred."

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He refused to come to Utah for his physical because he didn't want to join us. It was either he or Harper who said "you go live in Utah." Out of the people that I mentioned, he is the least of my "hatred."

Ron or Derek?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ron or Derek?

I think Derek. The Bulls guy was never traded here. I swear I don't have a thing against Derek's, other than Fisher and that guy who stole my high school sweetheart. Just kidding, I didn't have a high school sweetheart. :cry:

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Derek. The Bulls guy was never traded here. I swear I don't have a thing against Derek's, other than Fisher and that guy who stole my high school sweetheart. Just kidding, I didn't have a high school sweetheart. :cry:

That Derek is probably wishing he didn't do that, now.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks for posting.

Thoughts?

Will the USA extradite him to Turkey so they investigate him? I don't think they would do a fair job though, and really investigate. It seems that they've already made up their minds about Gulen.

Has there been anyone else in sports or entertainment that has been in this position?

How much does this hurt his trade value?

It probably helps it, since now he loves the USA more than Turkey. ;)

I'm ok with COPYING these posts into "The NSK (AKA Enes Kanter) Thread".

But I don't agree with MOVING them into that thread.

I believe the topic of Kanter receiving death threats is significant and scary enough to warrant greater visibility, hence the reason I started a thread on it. Rather than putting it into this thread to begin with, where it wouldn't get as much visibility.

Sometimes new threads are started when something is important enough to warrant greater visibility.

And sometimes to show off a nice thread title.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm ok with COPYING these posts into "The NSK (AKA Enes Kanter) Thread".

But I don't agree with MOVING them into that thread.

I believe the topic of Kanter receiving death threats is significant and scary enough to warrant greater visibility, hence the reason I started a thread on it. Rather than putting it into this thread to begin with, where it wouldn't get as much visibility.

Sometimes new threads are started when something is important enough to warrant greater visibility.

And sometimes to show off a nice thread title.

It was almost 2 months, so I thought it was ok. I mean, this is where I would look to make continuing comments regarding his received threats. Or the Former Jazz Men Thread. I'm not a Robot, so I simplify things to have it all in one spot - after a significant time out there to frolic and blow kisses to the other threads freely titled and running about naked with tattoos of fallen angels and dusty penguins.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was almost 2 months, so I thought it was ok. I mean, this is where I would look to make continuing comments regarding his received threats. Or the Former Jazz Men Thread. I'm not a Robot, so I simplify things to have it all in one spot - after a significant time out there to frolic and blow kisses to the other threads freely titled and running about naked with tattoos of fallen angels and dusty penguins.

Why are the penguins dusty?

Is there much dust in snowy areas?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sometimes it takes a while for there to be a significant update.

Like with the Derrick Rose thing. The story about the accusations was last September. But it wasn't until a few days ago that trial proceedings and deposition testimony were released.

Hence, if the thread was still available with the original title, it would be easy to put the updates in that thread, and have the topic continuously flow.

If it's moved into an "Around The League" thread, then one would see an initial post about the accusation, then several other league related posts, then the follow up about the deposition.

I guess I would rather have things duplicated in multiple places, then compressed into fewer and fewer threads where the posts in a thread would then be harder to follow because they're a combination of too many different things, IMO. Hence the suggestion of copying, so you can have it in your preferred super thread spot, and it can also be available in the original spot too for when there's a significant update.

I do like superthreads when they fit the general purpose theme.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes it takes a while for there to be a significant update.

Like with the Derrick Rose thing. The story about the accusations was last September. But it wasn't until a few days ago that trial proceedings and deposition testimony were released.

Hence, if the thread was still available with the original title, it would be easy to put the updates in that thread, and have the topic continuously flow.

If it's moved into an "Around The League" thread, then one would see an initial post about the accusation, then several other league related posts, then the follow up about the deposition.

I guess I would rather have things duplicated in multiple places, then compressed into fewer and fewer threads where the posts in a thread would then be harder to follow because they're a combination of too many different things, IMO. Hence the suggestion of copying, so you can have it in your preferred super thread spot, and it can also be available in the original spot too for when there's a significant update.

I do like superthreads when they fit the general purpose theme.

I understand. I don't care about Derrick Rose or accusations against him any more than the rest of the league. He's not on the Jazz and neither is Kanter. But I respect your views and will keep most of these things separate.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand. I don't care about Derrick Rose or accusations against him any more than the rest of the league. He's not on the Jazz and neither is Kanter. But I respect your views and will keep most of these things separate.

I just thought these were important stories. Not that I'm desensitized to sexual assault or r*pe, but some of the specifics Rose's case are more unusual than other ones I've read about.

The Kanter thing is very new to me. I can't recall another player being embargoed from his family in the middle of his career. And I also wish the safety of both Kanter's family, and himself. I don't want someone to get hurt. So I have some fear for them, and hope they don't remain in danger.

So these are a few stories this offseason which have new features to them compared to other similar stories, IMO.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just thought these were important stories. Not that I'm desensitized to sexual assault or r*pe, but some of the specifics Rose's case are more unusual than other ones I've read about.

The Kanter thing is very new to me. I can't recall another player being embargoed from his family in the middle of his career. And I also wish the safety of both Kanter's family, and himself. I don't want someone to get hurt. So I have some fear for them, and hope they don't remain in danger.

So these are a few stories this offseason which have new features to them compared to other similar stories, IMO.

Sorry, man, I just thought two months was fine for non-Jazzmen on the Jazz board. But I'll take your thoughts in mind when organizing the board.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are the penguins dusty?

Is there much dust in snowy areas?

Bump.