• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The NSK (AKA Enes Kanter) Thread

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Novak's departure and assuming a Perkins buyout, the oldest player on the Jazz is now:

Elijah Millsap
Followed By:

Joe Ingles
Oh, this.

I don't remember doing this.

Oh, I discovered the new forums on Sunday at 11:02 AM .

I gave you the chill pill on Sunday at 11:14 AM.

I discovered the post response emoticons on Sunday at 1:05 PM .

Which means that I didn't knowingly give you the chill pill at 11:14 AM. I probably just accidentally clicked on something, either not seeing it; not knowing I clicked on something; or not knowing what it did.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NSK Thread (AKA Enes Kanter Thread) | Page 2 | SportsHoopla.com Sports Forums

Look on the lower left of the post. It has a picture of a blue pill and it says Chill. It must have been accidental, but still I DON'T NEED A M*TH*RF*CK*NG CHILL PILL, YOU !@#$%!

There were a lot of mis-clicks on Sunday. I kept hitting multi-quote when I meant to hit quote.

And I would click on the wrong place for the chevron last post link, going to the place it used to be on the old format.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NSK Thread (AKA Enes Kanter Thread) | Page 2 | SportsHoopla.com Sports Forums

Look on the lower left of the post. It has a picture of a blue pill and it says Chill. It must have been accidental, but still I DON'T NEED A M*TH*RF*CK*NG CHILL PILL, YOU !@#$%!

Maybe that's a way of telling you that you need to be less excited about who the oldest player on the Jazz is.

Because of how little importance it can have.

Also, stats like the average age of team X is silly, unless it's weighted in proportion to the minutes that player plays. So you can have 7 players under 25, but if they combine for only 18% of total minutes, it's not very indicative of the players that are playing the most minutes, and the age of those players.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrook and Kanter have been running a lot of pick and rolls. Kanter has been getting off to fast starts early in games.

If he can do this next year, for whatever team he plays for, then I think it means he didn't have the right guards on the Jazz to help him out. Although I'm not sure why, because Hayward should have gotten him pick and roll baskets. Hayward is that good at running it.

Anyways, because Kanter isn't isolating anymore, and not using fakes, the pENES Pump nickname doesn't apply.

pENES roll could be a new phrase, but it's probably time to come up with a different phrase to describe his current game with the Thunder.

So how about Kanter Roll.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enes Kanter Says He Had 3.5 Years of Frustration In Return To Utah | Salt City Hoops

Enes Kanter’s never been particularly afraid to speak his mind, but this morning after shootaround, he wasn’t afraid to compare his new situation and happiness in Oklahoma City with the frustration he felt in Utah. Below is a transcript of the 5-minute media session today. Media questions in bold, Enes Kanter’s responses in regular text.
Tonight you come back and play on a court you’re very comfortable with.
Well I think it’s just a normal game. I’m not overly excited or anything.
As far as the game is concerned, do you feel like you can give your teammates some keys? Steve said earlier, “I can give them some hints on how to beat this team”.
We already did. We already talked about the Jazz and everything, so we are ready.
Enes, talk about your new home. It looks like it’s a good fit for you.
Yeah, definitely man, I love it. I mean that’s the team that I’ve never experienced before, and it’s just, I mean, I actually like playing basketball there. I’m just so comfortable there. Everything goes in the right place, and you know, I’m just really happy to be there.
What are the differences in the system for you? Why is it such a good fit?
I mean, first of all, I mean, it’s everything. I mean, the fans, the coaches, the teams, the [unintelligble] is amazing. Everything is falling into place that I never really felt like that anything before. It’s just so different.
Rumor is that you and Russ are a little bit tight. It’s good for a big man and a point guard, right?
Yeah definitely. I never, he’s a point guard, the best in the league. I never had an actual point guard like that. You know, I never had a point guard. But the thing is he’s just the best in the league, so.
Do you feel rejuvenated? Do you feel like you’re playing with more energy, more passion than in the past because of the new situation?
Well, like, I think the difference is probably that I really like playing basketball there. I think that’s the most important thing. I never liked playing basketball before in my NBA career. And this is the first time I’ve felt like playing basketball there, for my team, for the fans, for my teammates, for coaches, for everybody. That’s the first time.
What are some keys for you guys tonight defensively?
The keys are we just have to be on the same page and focused, we’re just trying to adjust. We think we’re big and we’re trying to push the play out front, and I think we’re just have to go out there 100%.”
Now that you’ve played in a situation you’re obviously very happy in, what didn’t you like about the situation here?
Well, I think, it wasn’t just a one game or two game frustration. It was a three and a half year frustration. I’m happy for both sides. I think it worked out well for both sides. I think I’m definitely happy that I’m part of the Oklahoma City team like that, a winner team, so I think it’ll go well for the future.
What was the biggest frustration over the last 3.5 years?
I will say, almost everything. And I didn’t bring it every night. But I think most everything was a frustration. But you know, I’m still happy for both sides. It worked out for both sides.
It has worked out for each side, and everybody was a winner in this. But were the frustrations off the court, on the court?
I think it wasn’t just basketball stuff. It was just professionalism. It was just, after I see OKC, I was like “this is how NBA teams are.” It was just, you know how like, you’re in a dream, and you have like a superpower, and you just don’t want to open your eyes, you just don’t want to end that dream? Oklahoma City’s been like that to me.
So then would you consider your experience in Utah a nightmare compared to that?
No, I did not say that.
I’m just asking!
No, I still respect them. I still like my coaches here, I still have friends here, some friends here. Not a lot. But still, I’m just saying, I don’t wanna make no comments on them. But I think after I went to OKC, I was like “Oh man, this is how an NBA team is.”
What are those good things you’ve experienced in Oklahoma City that you like so much?
First of all, I mean, we have a leader like Russell. And I love my teammates, and the fans are amazing, I love the city, it’s a clean city. Everything there is just professional, you know, everything they do is just for the players. You just only focus on basketball and go out there and play and do your job. Like I said again, I don’t want to talk about it here again, because I have a lot of things to say, but I just don’t want to say it right now.
Do you miss anything about Utah?
Mountains. That’s it, I guess.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some are now calling him Penis Katcher. Dumb name. Enes to that is too easy.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some are now calling him Penis Katcher. Dumb name. Enes to that is too easy.
Agree. I don't like that name. Especially the K in Katcher.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So how was the game today? I missed it.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. I don't like that name. Especially the K in Katcher.

There also is Anes Cancer. Deliberately spelled different than Anus, I suppose, but to sound like it. I wonder if there's a medical term for cancer in your anus. Pain in the ass, though cancer's never funny.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll stick with what I said earlier. If he can do what he's doing now, next year, then the guards on the Jazz were probably the wrong fit for Kanter. Although I think Hayward could have gotten him some looks, but Hayward seems to be creating less this year. And Exum, Burke, Hood aren't good enough creators (Exum not yet).

Maybe he needs to play with guards who can run an offense better, like he has said about Westbrook.

If Kanter can't do it next year, then he's just not a good rotation player. Although I didn't expect him to be, didn't think he was the right pick.

I don't have a problem with his comments, good for him for finding a fit now.

Also, I don't want to call him names, my previous nickname involving him was about his move (pump fake), not his name.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll stick with what I said earlier. If he can do what he's doing now, next year, then the guards on the Jazz were probably the wrong fit for Kanter. Although I think Hayward could have gotten him some looks, but Hayward seems to be creating less this year. And Exum, Burke, Hood aren't good enough creators (Exum not yet).

Maybe he needs to play with guards who can run an offense better, like he has said about Westbrook.

If Kanter can't do it next year, then he's just not a good rotation player. Although I didn't expect him to be, didn't think he was the right pick.

I don't have a problem with his comments, good for him for finding a fit now.

Also, I don't want to call him names, my previous nickname involving him was about his move (pump fake), not his name.

He needs Durant to be injured and for Westbrook to keep driving so he could put in put-backs. I agree he wasn't the right pick, but I have no apologies for him. We were going nowhere the last few years regardless, so I'm glad he floundered a few years here. If he can't be PC, why do I give a flying fuck if he had his career slowed down? In fact, we should have kept him and benched him or traded him to a nowhere place. As said, I would have picked someone else, and I of course, would have rather had better success with or without him, but now that we didn't succeed earlier, fuck him.

If he kept his mouth shut, I'd be defending him right now. As it says in the OP, he was my favorite player on the team (or second?). Yeah, those comments matter. There are a million ways to say that you are in a better place without taking shots at the team, fans (who actually supported him), and players, namely the point guards. Plus, he said he didn't bring it every night. Who says that shit? We knew that and not all players do give it their all, but shut your idiot mouth. I'd prefer to be in denial or guessing, just to be in defense of him, why the fuck did you need to open your mouth?

Gobert impacted our defense and offense, while Ibaka's out also effected them (speaking of the stats since all-star).

But our Defense went down -18 from 108 to 90 in the ratings. That is like 1 entire defender, meaning Kanter wasn't even playing defense.

A guy like Kanter is perfect for OKC offense, let Westbrook attack, and let Kanter pick up some of those missed FGs. But he is still a huge liability on defense, and I believe a weakness that will kick them out of playoffs, no matter how hard Westbrook tries. Adams has no offense and can't shoot free throws, this can't win playoff series. They are basically screwed.

Enes Kanter is dead-last (73 out of 73) among all centers in espn's DRPM stat with a gaudy -3.74. No. 72 is Matt Bonner with -1.99. He's closer to no. 56 Brook Lopez than he is to Kanter.

Booker post-game interview: "He got his stats and he got the L as always"

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needs Durant to be injured and for Westbrook to keep driving so he could put in put-backs. I agree he wasn't the right pick, but I have no apologies for him. We were going nowhere the last few years regardless, so I'm glad he floundered a few years here. If he can't be PC, why do I give a flying fuck if he had his career slowed down? In fact, we should have kept him and benched him or traded him to a nowhere place. As said, I would have picked someone else, and I of course, would have rather had better success with or without him, but now that we didn't succeed earlier, fuck him.

If he kept his mouth shut, I'd be defending him right now. As it says in the OP, he was my favorite player on the team (or second?). Yeah, those comments matter. There are a million ways to say that you are in a better place without taking shots at the team, fans (who actually supported him), and players, namely the point guards. Plus, he said he didn't bring it every night. Who says that shit? We knew that and not all players do give it their all, but shut your idiot mouth. I'd prefer to be in denial or guessing, just to be in defense of him, why the fuck did you need to open your mouth?

Gobert impacted our defense and offense, while Ibaka's out also effected them (speaking of the stats since all-star).

But our Defense went down -18 from 108 to 90 in the ratings. That is like 1 entire defender, meaning Kanter wasn't even playing defense.

A guy like Kanter is perfect for OKC offense, let Westbrook attack, and let Kanter pick up some of those missed FGs. But he is still a huge liability on defense, and I believe a weakness that will kick them out of playoffs, no matter how hard Westbrook tries. Adams has no offense and can't shoot free throws, this can't win playoff series. They are basically screwed.

Enes Kanter is dead-last (73 out of 73) among all centers in espn's DRPM stat with a gaudy -3.74. No. 72 is Matt Bonner with -1.99. He's closer to no. 56 Brook Lopez than he is to Kanter.

Wow, there is so much good info in that post. I bolded them.

That's alarming that an aging Bonner who can't get regular playing time, is significantly better on defense than a healthy, prime aged Kanter.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for mentioning the OP too. Puts things in perspective.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did you write that entire post yourself? You've referenced some stats I haven't seen you mention before.

Also, can you post a link to DRPM? Thanks.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you write that entire post yourself? You've referenced some stats I haven't seen you mention before.

Also, can you post a link to DRPM? Thanks.

Didn't write it myself, I had Kanter's PR man write it for me, he thought it would be a good thing to put out there.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I don't have any links, I saw it elsewhere. Someplace real. GM. No, that's not a comment about this place. I like it here, here's real and good, I just happened to have seen it when I Googled Kanter. But I can't post it here because it's blocked.