• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Notre Dame vs. Michigan rivalry is HUGE.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why Brian Kelly is downplaying the rivalry but I disagree with him. Sure USC is more of a tradtional rivalry and Notre Dame has played Navy forever too. But right now I would rather beat Michigan than USC or any other team on the schedule. I think Michigan is the toughest opponent and has more history than USC, and that's not taking anything away from USC'S storied history in college football. Right now I simply think talent-wise Michigan is the better team. I may dislike USC a lot more but want to win this one much much more. Personally I think Lane Kiffin is haning on to his job by a thread, hell he's giving out ice cream to his fans. Brady Hoke on the other hand has made big strides at Michigan and continues to recruit very well.

BEAT MICHIGAN, that's what I want most. This rivalry is HUGE.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't this matchup done in a year or 2? Shame, I always enjoy it and to take one from Michigan is always a nice thing to have on the resume when the BCS polls start up.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree ... it does suck that after 2014 we dont play Michigan again. That has always been the one game of the year that I get the most jacked up for. USC is great rivalry, but it's not Michigan. I always love it more when we beat Michigan and not have to put up with their crap fans all year of smack-talking. Michigan fans are the worst in all of college football.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will miss this game for pretty much one reason only, its been a great barometer for me to guage whether the season will be successful. Win this one and we usually go on to great things, lose it and we're often looking at mediocrity. The schtick by both coaches, Hoke and Kelly, is a bit tired. We're no more "chickening out" on the series than Michigan did when it decided to take a 2-3 decade break (on more than one occasion), especially when we started getting good at the game. It is way more important a regional rivalry than Kelly let on and the modern landscape of college football forced us to make choices. Between MSU, Purdue and Mich, Mich is the odd-man out in terms of historic rivalries. ND-Mich usually meant more than those games because of the caliber of the teams on the field, but before any Mich fans go and parrot Hoke, they would be wise to consider that the big tough Big10 is adding such powerhouses as Rutgers and MD ooooh scary.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will miss this game as well, but I will say that SC will always be the game I look forward to the most, and no one else is even close. I think Kelly's first statements on this reflect that opinion. I know this was a topic of conversation many times on espn, and several posters there (and here) disagree with me, but I don't ever see my opinion changing on this. (the green jersey game will always be my favorite)

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will miss this game as well, but I will say that SC will always be the game I look forward to the most, and no one else is even close. I think Kelly's first statements on this reflect that opinion. I know this was a topic of conversation many times on espn, and several posters there (and here) disagree with me, but I don't ever see my opinion changing on this. (the green jersey game will always be my favorite)

Your point is and always will be valid ... SC is also a HUGE game at the end of the season. I just get jacked up, more, for Michigan b/c I hate their sorry ass fans ... they are the worst. I always hate having to hear the crap talk if they beat us ... it's fng ugly in my house when that happens!

And ... I agree ... the green jersey game will always stand as my fave game!

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that this is a big rivalry. This is my fav game to watch. I cant wait for this Sat and I to want this win the most. 1st off it will look good with the recruits that are looking at Mich and ND, 2nd it would shut Mich homers up. They talk more then almost a SEC fan.

I will miss this game after next year. I hope we can add them in the Future. I mean this happens in college football. Miami use to be a Big rivalry to ND. Not so much now.

Lets Go Irish

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great point JJC. I agree because we always play them early in the season and if we beat them it feels like we will have a good season and if we lost it would be an ok or bad season.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree give me 28-6 all day long

Lillyliverd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Regional rivalry" makes it sound like nobody outside of Michiana knows about the rivalry. It may not be ND-USC, but if its not, its damn close.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Regional rivalry" makes it sound like nobody outside of Michiana knows about the rivalry. It may not be ND-USC, but if its not, its damn close.

I think a Regional rivalry would be like Georgia/Florida. I think ND/Michigan is above this, but below ND/USC.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think USC vs ND is #1 for ND and then I think Mich is #2 and then MSU #3. I use to think BC was a big rivalry because they are known as little brother but truth be told they aren't very good. They were only good for a few years. I also like watching ND vs Stanford.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL ... if you grew up in Mishawaka/South Bend (Michiana) you probably wouldnt say SC is a bigger rivalry than Michigan! OMG ... having to hear all the Michigan fans' crap talkin for the whole year is ABSOLUTELY unbearable ... lemme tell ya! IT SUX!!!!

:gaah:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me I know. I have a lot of friends that are Mich fans. Also when we use to be on CBS Mich fans came on our boards all the time but over in History USC is ahead of Mich for ND. Trust me Im so fired up for this game. Also most of the time this is a bigger game because its usually at the start the season but I will say I was more fired up for the USC game last year because well we needed to win to go to the NC game.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me I know. I have a lot of friends that are Mich fans. Also when we use to be on CBS Mich fans came on our boards all the time but over in History USC is ahead of Mich for ND. Trust me Im so fired up for this game. Also most of the time this is a bigger game because its usually at the start the season but I will say I was more fired up for the USC game last year because well we needed to win to go to the NC game.

LOL ... you should've been on the ESPN boards ... holy snappin duckshit! You talk about trolls ... LOL. There were more idiotic trolls on the ND board than actual ND fans, I swear. There were a couple that were just absolute assholes and spent 24/7 bashing Irish fans ... it was is if their life depended on it. It was bad!

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL ... you should've been on the ESPN boards ... holy snappin duckshit! You talk about trolls ... LOL. There were more idiotic trolls on the ND board than actual ND fans, I swear. There were a couple that were just absolute assholes and spent 24/7 bashing Irish fans ... it was is if their life depended on it. It was bad!

I think we can agree on this.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I was on ESPN for like 3 months. there were a lot of trolls. CBS had some ok trolls that knew what they were talking about but then we would get some that had no clue and posted on ND boards 95% of the time and maybe 5% on their own team. We had this one troll that was a OSU fan. I just didn't get it. ND never plays OSU(ohio St.) why hate ND so much? Didn't make much sense.